Staff of shattered dreams, wrong loot table assignment?

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 798
edited February 2023 in Bugs
Issue:

The gargoyle "Staff of shattered dreams" drop table assignment appears incorrect.

As noted in the following thread, it doesn't drop from the stygian dragon:
https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11961/stygian-dragon-several-issues

It does appear to drop from the "Fire Daemon [renowned]", per a corpse loot drop today.

According to the table here, it should not drop from the Fire Daemon [renowned]:
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-stygian-abyss/

It appears the loot tables for stygian abyss may be out of sync with what is documented, in several cases, as posted in this forum.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Official documentation doesn't actually say which items drop from which encounter. Information on that was provided by players.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 798
    edited February 2023
    Mariah said:
    Official documentation doesn't actually say which items drop from which encounter. Information on that was provided by players.
    Even if the data was sourced from players, the amount of variance I've posted suggests something along these lines:
    1. The drop tables were deliberately changed at some point after that data was sourced from players.  and/or:
    2. The drop tables were non-intentionally changed at some point, or there is a bug or other "surprise" behind the scenes to explain this.
    The posts from me leave room for updating the documentation and/OR changing the tables, but it'd be good to see somebody from the UO team investigate/confirm that at least #2 isn't a factor.  (I'd expect some form of code inspection may take a few minutes).

If you're trusting data from players for the wiki, feel free to integrate all the cases I've posted about :)

Thanks!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    edited February 2023
    As its name suggests, it is a 'player' wiki, written by a player, ie me, I do ask, but rarely get, input from other players.
    I am happy to add in information that is additional to that supplied by devs, but reluctant to edit officially supplied information that someone might believe to be in error unless that can be incontravertably confirmed.
    The Stygian Abyss drops are so affected by RNG that while it may be possible to confirm what does drop from which, confirming what doesn't is much more difficult.
    Input from other players would be most welcome.
    My email address for the wiki is: mariah4broadsword@gmail.com