Can someone please explain to me why Pets get their damage halved to MoBs while Dexers do LOTS ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,936
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

I would really like to understand, why tamed Pets see their damage done to MoBs being halved, while Dexers, instead, are allowed to dwelve LOTS of damage, well in excess to the damage that pets can do. Even spellcasters, with their uncapped Spell Damage Increase ability and using a Slayer spellbook, can reach very high damage levels.

Yet, saved a few exceptions, Pets are usually confined, restricted, nerfed, in their ability to compete with other Templates to do damage to MoBs.

I do not understand it.

Aren't Tamers a Template just like all others ?

Comments

• Can’t your guild mates answers this and all your questions for you?

this is not your personal question bank 

I just wish you could find answers to your problems without having to litter this forum 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2023
    popps said:

I would really like to understand, why tamed Pets see their damage done to MoBs being halved, while Dexers, instead, are allowed to dwelve LOTS of damage, well in excess to the damage that pets can do. Even spellcasters, with their uncapped Spell Damage Increase ability and using a Slayer spellbook, can reach very high damage levels.

Yet, saved a few exceptions, Pets are usually confined, restricted, nerfed, in their ability to compete with other Templates to do damage to MoBs.

I do not understand it.

Aren't Tamers a Template just like all others ?

Because Taming only takes 3 skills (two if you don't want Vet to heal" and you can then make your character capable of dealing as much damage as a non tamer character, thereby dealing more damage than a non tamer character. This isn't rocket surgery, and no I wont be engaging you any further on this topic, you will just attempt crush me in a wall of text the size of Mt. Everest and I really have no interest in beating a dead horse on the subject Poops.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2023
    I have 3 tamers across 3 accounts but they are basically lazy and boring templates.

No loss to weapon or armor durability.
    Need 3 character skills only.
    Need zero player skills. Basically u just say all kill and the pet does all the work.

Oops no dutabulity issue because you can basically slay everything with pets n classic dungeons while the character is naked, wearing nothing.

Wait, did we not explain to you before?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs

•   This isn't rocket surgery, and no I wont be engaging you any further on this topic, you will just attempt crush me in a wall of text the size of Mt. Everest and I really have no interest in beating a dead horse on the subject Poops.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Seth said:
    I have 3 tamers across 3 accounts but they are basically lazy and boring templates.

No loss to weapon or armor durability.
    Need 3 character skills only.
    Need zero player skills. Basically u just say all kill and the pet does all the work.

Oops no dutabulity issue because you can basically slay everything with pets n classic dungeons while the character is naked, wearing nothing.

Wait, did we not explain to you before?
    Actually, when one looks at Taming, I think that one needs to also consider the skill of training a pet properly which is far from an easy task.

Besides, while Taming itself might be comprised of 3 skills, because of Gating, of the need to heal the pet from a distance, most often a Tamer needs to also have Magery and Evaluate Intelligence besides Meditation so, I consider it a fully fletched Template on par with a Dexer Template or a Spellcaster being used to fight.

As in whether it is or not a "boring" Template to play, different players enjoy different types of gameplay so, what some players might consider as boring other players could instead consider enjoyable and exciting.

Bottom line is, that I do not find it as right that pets have had their damage halved while other Templates can do TONS of damage using Slayers and even multiple Slayers....
  • popps said:

Bottom line is, that I do not find it as right that pets have had their damage halved while other Templates can do TONS of damage using Slayers and even multiple Slayers....
    No one cares Popps

I have 9 tamers over 3 shards and I know how to use them

Not my problem you cant or don't like how they work

YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN WITH THIS

As with all your posts, it will not change to suit YOU. Get this into your head and you may even enjoy playing this 25+ year old game

Mariah. time to lock again

Popps has a problem and he wants the world to know about it...........

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    In UO there is diversity. Templates have down sides, it's up to players to balance what they want to do with what their template is most suited for. It has already been said that skills will NOT be adjusted to make all templates equal. Adapt your playstyle to the abilities of the template you have chosen to play, or play a different template.
This discussion has been closed.