New Player Tickets

Why is this still even a thing? I combined a couple tickets tonight and this is a new players options:
Do we just assume there are zero new players or those who are starting over?  Or is it we just rely on the players to help them out?  

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    26 years ago.  You got a free item by finding another person that cooperated with you.

Its like saving a quarter from 1997 and spending it now then complaining because you can't buy much.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    What happened to the horn of retreat 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Skett said:
    that hasn't been on there for long time.
    I have used those since 2006 and I have never seen it as an option.
    Skett said:
    Isn't that from a quest in new haven?
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Pawain said:
    26 years ago.  You got a free item by finding another person that cooperated with you.

Its like saving a quarter from 1997 and spending it now then complaining because you can't buy much.
    I think you have missed the point.  Of course you have to combine it, that's how I took the screenshot, these came with the two new players i made last night.  

Really the point is why isn't more being done to help new players or returning players?  What are they going to do with any of these items?  
    Skett said:
    No idea, but if I recall at least you used to get pheonix armor from these.

Even now in the bank box were also these:

didn't they stop the phoenix armor rewards before AoS ?
    edited February 2023
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

I think you have missed the point.  Of course you have to combine it, that's how I took the screenshot, these came with the two new players i made last night.  

Really the point is why isn't more being done to help new players or returning players?  What are they going to do with any of these items?  
    No, you did.  You had to find someone to trade with to get the free item.  The game was intended for us to help each other.  Since it has gotten more complicated, why would that change?  We are still supposed to help one another.  To help a new player now, one of the choices would have to be 2 plat in gold.

Also it shows that the original developers were just as stingy with items as they are now.
    edited February 2023
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

No, you did.  You had to find someone to trade with to get the free item.  The game was intended for us to help each other.  Since it has gotten more complicated, why would that change?  We are still supposed to help one another.  To help a new player now, one of the choices would have to be 2 plat in gold.

Also it shows that the original developers were just as stingy with items as they are now.
    I didnt miss anything, you're repeating yourself.  You still have to "find someone" to trade with to get a free item.  The items have changed since 97, and they're still just as useless even if they were the same.

Clearly the rules sets and gameplay for difficulty have changed since 97, this should reflect to keep up with the times.  At a minimum a full spellbook would be helpful...

Skett said:
    didn't they stop the phoenix armor rewards before AoS ?
    Yeah, im pretty sure they did.  I was curious to see what the new player tickets gave since i made a new account anyways.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited February 2023
    Skett said:

Horn of Retreat and a Undead slayer that could get up to triple slayers on it was from the Haven Paladin Quest.  Opposing Necro Quest pretty much got nothing unless you kept the scrolls from the quest for deco.
    edited February 2023
    That’s right I still have about a dozen of those 2x slayers 

I wish they would have never changed Haven 

starting down in that hole / cave area with the guy in the hooded shroud 

been so long I don’t remember it all