Is there a persistent spawn for GOLDEN Elementals ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited January 2023 in General Discussions
Is there a place, anywhere, where one can find a persistent spawn for Golden Elementals ?

There used to be one down in Castle Blackthorne but, I have no idea why, it was stopped a while back and, never restored (why ?).

Do they spawn anywhere else other then having a miner use a Gargoyle pickaxe ?

I think there also was, at some point, a spawn for some elementals in Ilshenar, before getting to the Exodus Dungeon but I think it was other Elementals, not sure if they still spawn....

Comments

• what does uoguide and stratics say, you looked there?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Old news.... looking around I found mentions of the spawn at Blackthorn Castle....

I honestly do not understand why the Golden Elementals spawn at Blackthorn Castle has not yet been reactivated.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The simple answer to your question is 'no' there is no permanent spawn of gold elementals

Also, if memory serves, I believe there are no plans to restore the previous spawn to Blackthorn's dungeon.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    theres that quest in garg city turn ingots to gold
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    The spawn for golden elements is basically the same as for any other element above shadow (Dull/Shadow can be found in Tok). Every other ore type needs to be mined up using a gargoyle pickaxe. 
    keven2002 said:
    The spawn for golden elements is basically the same as for any other element above shadow (Dull/Shadow can be found in Tok). Every other ore type needs to be mined up using a gargoyle pickaxe. 
    What do you mean that the spawn for Golden elementals is the same as for any other element above shadow ?

Same at what location ?

I know that Ore elemental can be spawned when mining using a Gargoyle pickaxe.... I am trying to find, a "persistent" Golden Elementals spawn like that in Tokuno for Dull and Shadow Elementals...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    There is not onepopps said:
    What do you mean that the spawn for Golden elementals is the same as for any other element above shadow ?

Same at what location ?

I know that Ore elemental can be spawned when mining using a Gargoyle pickaxe.... I am trying to find, a "persistent" Golden Elementals spawn like that in Tokuno for Dull and Shadow Elementals...
    There is not one. It would be nice if the spawn returned to Blackthorn's Dungeon, but they've decided against doing this.
    edited January 2023
    Jepeth said:
    There is not onepopps said:

Same at what location ?

There is not one. It would be nice if the spawn returned to Blackthorn's Dungeon, but they've decided against doing this.
    Actually, if my memory does not fail me, I seem to recall that some time back, some Ore Elementals also of the high type, like Verite and Valorite, used to spawn at a persistent spawn in Ilshenar, around what is now the Earth Elemental Camp before getting to the Exodus Dungeon.

I do not understand why all Ore Elemental persistent spawns past Shadow were discontinued....

It makes no sense to me, considering how one gets ingots from Pirates and Merchant Ships, aside from mining Ore.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2023
    So do pirate ships or mine?  You'll get more doing that than posting here.

How many gold barding deeds are you making?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I think I read that people were afk farming the gold elementals in Blackthorns so they just eliminated all of that instead of doing anything to fix the afk farming. I could be wrong though. 
    This is what I remember being said ^^^
    edited January 2023
    dvvid said:
    I think I read that people were afk farming the gold elementals in Blackthorns so they just eliminated all of that instead of doing anything to fix the afk farming. I could be wrong though. 
    Yes, but that was long before ingots were added to Pirates and Merchant ships as loot.

Besides, before stacked resources could be obtained as loot from IDOCs.... now no longer, they get deleted along with Veteran Rewards and other items.

So, while there "might" have been an issue back then to be concerned about players "over stocking" them, that concern, to my opinion, can now no longer be considered as valid and having Ore Elemental spawns restarted, could give to players a good and viable alternative to hunting Pirates or Merchant Ships to get them from loot by the various Ore Elementals.

Personally, I would like to see permanent spawns of all Ore Elementals up to Valorite, being restored.

Spawning them using Gargoyle pickaxes is a pain.... for a few it might be OK but over and over it really gets old.
    popps said:

Personally, I would like to see permanent spawns of all Ore Elementals up to Valorite, being restored.

Can use prospector tool also to get what you want.  But you have to play UO to do that.

And you will not answer.  Why do you need so many?  Are you making Gold barding Deeds?
    edited January 2023
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Can use prospector tool also to get what you want.  But you have to play UO to do that.

And you will not answer.  Why do you need so many?  Are you making Gold barding Deeds?
    Why would, if I may ask, having Elemental Ore persistent Spawns higher then Shadow be restored, would be considered as an easy button when players can already, hunting down Pirates and Merchant Ships get ingots ?

Ingots, mind you, not Ore which the Elementals spawn as loot which the players would then still need to smelt (with failure rates and loss of ore....) in order to get the same "ready to go" ingots which Pirates and Merchant Ships yield....

Furthermore, why hunting and killing the Ore Elementals would not be considered as "playing UO" if I may ask ?

Hunting Pirates and Merchant Ships is playing UO but hunting and killing Ore Elementals would not be ?

I do not get it.

Well, Barding deeds break real fast and they take a lot of ingots to make, but ingots are also used for BODs and for other stuff....

The bottom line argument is, again, that with Pirates and Merchant Ships having ingots as loot, and with IDOCs now deleting the stocks of stacked resources, I no longer see any valid argument against restoring persistent Spawns of Ore Elementals above the Shadow Elementals that spawn in Tokuno along with the Dull Copper ones.

@Kyronix , could you please kindly consider the idea of restarting these Ore Elementals persistent spawns (for all kinds, all the way up to Valorite....). Thanks.
    @popps so you are not making anything with gold ingots. Gold is not a common need in BODS.

Why do you always refuse to say what you are doing/making when you ask for changes?
    Maybe you would get some of your requests if you state the actual needs for these changes.

You just want an easy way to get ingots.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps so you are not making anything with gold ingots. Gold is not a common need in BODS.

Why do you always refuse to say what you are doing/making when you ask for changes?
    Maybe you would get some of your requests if you state the actual needs for these changes.

Again, why do you consider the killing or Ore elementals which yield Ore, not ingots as easy but you do not see likewise the looting of Pirate and Merchant Ships which yield "ready to go" ingots which one does not even need to smelt with the associated failure rates ?

edited January 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps so you are not making anything with gold ingots. Gold is not a common need in BODS.

Again, why do you consider the killing or Ore elementals which yield Ore, not ingots as easy but you do not see likewise the looting of Pirate and Merchant Ships which yield "ready to go" ingots which one does not even need to smelt with the associated failure rates ?

So you are saying pirating is just as easy as elementals? Then there is no need for a change. Players can get ingots now. Especially players who refuse to say why they need bulk gold ingots.
    There are a number of ways to obtain gold ingots.
    A quest in Ter Mur to convert 500 dull copper to 500 gold: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/thepem-and-zosilem-quests/
    A cauldron of Transmutation from Vela the Sorceress
    All cauldrons convert in a ratio of 3 to 1.  Bronze cauldron converts to Golden  7500 uses
    Also from Vela a map to mine a large number of ingots and a talisman to ensure trouble free smelting
    The same type of maps and talismans can be gotten from Blacksmith bods
    or from Tinker bods

And of course you have already mentioned pirate ships.

I see no reason why gold ingots should be difficult to get.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited January 2023
    If they did bring back ore elementals in Blackthorns, people would go right back to afk farming them. Then we get into the tired subject of Broadsword doing more to combat this and the thread goes no where etc. 
  • I want Large stacks of Reagents on Pirate ships, along with blank scrolls and bottles. oh, and sammiches.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,898
    I want Large stacks of Reagents on Pirate ships, along with blank scrolls and bottles. oh, and sammiches.
    Fish sammies 
    Mariah said:
    There are a number of ways to obtain gold ingots.
    A quest in Ter Mur to convert 500 dull copper to 500 gold: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/thepem-and-zosilem-quests/
    A cauldron of Transmutation from Vela the Sorceress
    All cauldrons convert in a ratio of 3 to 1.  Bronze cauldron converts to Golden  7500 uses
    Also from Vela a map to mine a large number of ingots and a talisman to ensure trouble free smelting
    The same type of maps and talismans can be gotten from Blacksmith bods
    or from Tinker bods

And of course you have already mentioned pirate ships.

Then, consequently, there should also be no reasons to restart again the Ore Elemental Spawns which used to run on Backthorne Dungeon for Golden Ore Elementals and in Ilshenar, around what is now the Earth Elemental Camp before getting to the Exodus Dungeon for the other Ore Elementals all the way up to Valorite Elementals ?

I mean, these Spawns ALREADY existed..... they are in the code already.... only, they were turned off.

Turning them back ON, should only be a matter of turning their OFF switch to ON, right ?

So, is my question, and agreeing with your argument thatyou see no reasons why ingots should be difficult to get, why not then turn back ON these other Ore Elementals in addition to the Dull copper and the Shadow Ore Elementals that spawn already in Tokuno ?
    I want Large stacks of Reagents on Pirate ships, along with blank scrolls and bottles. oh, and sammiches.
    Pirate Ships should REALLY have as Loot Hoard or Trove Treasure Maps....

I mean, if it is not Pirates who carry Treasure Maps, then WHO would ??

The fact that Pirates in UO do not carry Treasure Maps makes NO SENSE whatsoever to me.
    edited January 2023
    dvvid said:
    If they did bring back ore elementals in Blackthorns, people would go right back to afk farming them. Then we get into the tired subject of Broadsword doing more to combat this and the thread goes no where etc. 
    Why would they ?

It  made sense before, when the only source for ingots was mining AND, back then, it was also changed from static to random spawning.

Back then, it did make sense to farm the Ore Elementals.

But now that people can find ingots on Pirate and Merchant Ships, not Ore which need to get smelted with a chance at failing and losing Ore, why would people "farm" Ore Elementals ?

Sure, if people NEED a given colored type of ingots, people might kill a few of that type Ore Elementals until they have enough for what they need (with Pirate of Merchant Ships the ingots one gets are random...), but "farming" them ?

What for ?

For farming, it is more effective to hunt Pirate and Merchant Ships through which one also gets other materials.... cotton, wool, leather, wood etc. etc.

I do not think at all that, if the Developers brought back the spawn of Ore Elementals, players would "farm" them.... kill a few until they have what they need sure, but farm ? I do not think.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @popps - It's funny how you talk about things getting scripted in other threads (like fishing) so the Devs should do X to combat that, yet here you want every type of ore element to persistently spawn which would just be AFK farmed night and day. THAT is the exact reason why the gold elementals were removed from Blackthorns (as already mentioned). Getting 25 ore (aka 50 ingots) for 2-3 shotting an element every 60 seconds probably makes mining obsolete if looking for colored ingots don't you think? 

Mariah outlined the answer btw. Plenty of options in getting gold ingots. None of them are going to be as fast as camping Blackthorns but you can still make a good amount doing what she outlined. 

This topic seems like it has reached its end. This is usually is where popps disagrees with everyone who is telling him how things work and it spirals @Mariah
    @Mariah I didn't know about this Vale ty
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    As for what the difference between having a consistent spawn of ore elementals or collecting other ways. The other ways either take work up front, doing the Void Pool for example or are completely random. There is no way to control which element you get from a mine, pirate ship, or even gargoyle pick. A static spawn means you can select the ore type you want and simply farm that spot. 
          Also, in case you have never pirated before it's a complex issue, not as simple as standing in one spot and killing an elemental over and over again. First, you must seek out the ship, then you must disable the ship, kill the crew, and finally board and loot the ship. Again, we come back to the idea of work. 
    keven2002 said:
    @ popps - It's funny how you talk about things getting scripted in other threads (like fishing) so the Devs should do X to combat that, yet here you want every type of ore element to persistently spawn which would just be AFK farmed night and day. THAT is the exact reason why the gold elementals were removed from Blackthorns (as already mentioned). Getting 25 ore (aka 50 ingots) for 2-3 shotting an element every 60 seconds probably makes mining obsolete if looking for colored ingots don't you think? 

Mariah outlined the answer btw. Plenty of options in getting gold ingots. None of them are going to be as fast as camping Blackthorns but you can still make a good amount doing what she outlined. 

This topic seems like it has reached its end. This is usually is where popps disagrees with everyone who is telling him how things work and it spirals @ Mariah
    Uhu ?

That would be an easy solution, woulnd't it be ?

Rather then "radically" stopping the spawns of Ore Elemental, althougether, the respawn rate could have been reduced, with downtimes in between Elementals spawns...., the Ore spawning as loot could have been reduced to make script farming them less worthy....

It all bears down to "how much time" it takes to get ingots with one way or the other....

When hunting Pirate and Merchant Ships, ingots can be often found in stacks of 100-150 and it does not take long to disable a Merchant or Pirate Ship....

In that same time, how many ore Elementals should be acceptable for a player to farm ?

Consider though, that when a Pirate or Merchant Ship gets disabled, not just a few ingots of 1 type are looted, but several  ingots of several  types are looted, along with other materials, refinements etc. etc.

So, when comparing Ore Elementals spawn "farming" with Pirates and Merchant Ships "farming" and the time it takes to farm "either one", the much higher loot vastity from Pirates and Merchant Ships should be taken into account.

Frankly, as Mariah already pointed out, there is no real reason to be concerned about the "farming" of ingots from killing Ore elementals and I do not understand why this issue might concern you so much......

There is, to my opinion, MUCH worse script farming of other Spawns in Ultima Online as what the effects might be from script farming Ore elementals for ingots could be....
    @popps Those spawns were removed for a reason. We may not be aware of that reason, but the Devs are, and whilever that reason persists they will not be restored.
    Nagging or bullying the devs to do your bidding is not going to work. Desist.
This discussion has been closed.