Crafting Elemental Weapons and Luck Suits with Max resists step-by-step

When I started crafting a few months ago I found it difficult to find detailed information on how to craft elemental weapons and luck suits. After reading and taking notes both from multiple posts and various web pages. Making a number of weapons and a few luck suits.  I have tried to put together a document which explains both processes in step-by-step detail. I hope this helps others looking for information on this subject. Please if you have any feedback good or bad or information, I should have included please let me know. Thank you.

Comments

• Very detailed, sir. Thanks for putting this together.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    edited July 2022
    Very nice. Thank you. This helped make my first commissioned piece for someone when they asked for very specific items. Clear and concise. Bravo. One question. Why do you have Enhancing as the last step? I was taught to Enhance if needed after Fortifying and before Imbuing. I am going to experiment on another bladed staff I have that has 70 percent Poison after reforging.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited July 2022
    Very Nice @Ben.  Enhance last so the property value does not increase before you imbue.

Unless the Enhance is just changing the resists.  But if it changes durability or luck or something, that counts as a stat and has weight. So you will not be able to imbue as much as you wanted.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    So can that weapon be enhanced now with gold and would that change the 100% cold ? Or would it be better to enhance with shadow 
    Elemental enhancement changes only reduce and change physical damage, so he could enhance with gold for 40 luck and lower requirements. 

Gold does not change damage type.
    Shadow would do nothing to it since there is no physical damage to change and the durability is maxxed.
    Kk ty sir
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2022
    “Wait

Before you take Pawain’s advice to add 40 luck which is not bad advice,
    you have imbued this item, and can no longer Powder of Fort it.
    Depending on how much you play, this item should already last forever 

however once the item goes down to say 150/150 durability, which would take an age.

you may then want to enhance with shadow to increase durability back up to 255/255.

that said, the 100% elemental damage on the item is actually of little to no use, given that the bladed staff is used for the armour ignore special, 70% fatigue or 100% leech would be of more value”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    So shadow brings it back to 255 after it’s lowered to 150 and leaves it 100% cold 
    edited July 2022
    “yes will leave it at 100 cold
    in theory it should go to 255 durability when it’s down to 128, but I’ve not PvMed that long in my life to check”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2022
    Shadow only does 50 durability. Dull Copper does 100.  How the heck did @Yoshi know ur item had low durability.

I was talking about the sword with 255 durability.
    I’m confused now so shadow isn’t as good to use as dull copper to increase durability after you wear down an item 
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Pawain said:
    Very Nice @ Ben.  Enhance last so the property value does not increase before you imbue.

Unless the Enhance is just changing the resists.  But if it changes durability or luck or something, that counts as a stat and has weight. So you will not be able to imbue as much as you wanted.
    Goodness gracious! Enhancing before Imbuing can change property weight? Thanks for that one, Pawain.
    edited July 2022
    Yup,  if it adds a property, that counts as a property and weight.  Only the not popular ones do not add a property or increase a value.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/material-bonuses/
    edited July 2022
    “Sorry my mistake, I was looking at the table for armour, yes dull copper is what you want to enhance with for weapon after you wear the dura down.

Enhancing only adds weight/property if you’re adding durability/lower requirements or luck. In other words if you’re just adding resists (on armour) or enhancing with val/verite you can enhance before you imbue if you want to save money (by not using a forged metal of artifacts) But if really depends on what you’re using. If you’re using a piece that took you a while to reforge, it’s best to imbue first then enhance using the tool. 

But if you’ve just made say a double axe with 70 cold (by reforging using dull copper runic) you should enhance with agapite first without using forged metal of artifacts charge. Then imbue. Because the charge costs 7/8 mill at market price.

another tip for saving gold, if you don’t need damage increase on a weapon, rather than using a whetstone (8 mill market price), most 2 handed weapons you won’t need the full 600 weight on so just use a non exceptional weap (purchased from npc) 

On one handed weapons, you normally will need exceptional (500 weight), 
    most mods you put on will weigh at least 100 or more intensity, so you would maybe imbue 4 mods at max intensity and not be able to fit the last mod at max intensity. Consider instead imbueing all 5 mods just below the full intensity to save ingredients. 
    Example on a long sword, 87 life leech costs 10 void orbs. 80 life leech is 2 void orbs

example piece:
    long sword:

Hit stamina leech 24
    Reptile slayer
    hit cold area 50
    hit life leech 87
    hit mana leech 87
    total 498/500 intensity
    ingredient cost: 20 void orb, 10 lava serpent crust, 10 raptor teeth.

instead consider:

Hit stamina leech 38
    Reptile slayer
    Hit cold area 46
    hit life leech 80
    hit mana leech 80
    total 500/500 intensity
    ingredient cost: 4 void orb, 10 lava serpent crust, 2 raptor teeth

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I know it's been a while since this information was posted, but one thing which was missed in the talk about enhancing is that you have a very high probability of breaking and destroying the item unless you use forged metal of artifacts from the UO store. A 60% ancient smithing hammer decreases your odds of breaking but still has a high probability.
    edited January 2023
    “I think it’s been requested before but never implemented.
    for crafting menu to show your chance of enhance”