Crafting Menu.... how about a "Make Last Number" button ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

As known, when crafting, a "Make Last" button is available.

Only, it just makes 1 of the last item...

Sometimes, particularly when having to fill BODs, it is better to enter the number of items requested by the BOD (Make Number).

Unfortunately, if one has to fill up multiple BODs of the same one item, this process has to be replicated for each and every BOD even though they need the same exact number of items. Further annoying, is that the "Make Number" button is not at the front gump of the crafting Menu, but on a secondary one.
This repeated passages, slow down crafting for repeated BODs and quite some.

Having a "Make Last Number" button at the front gump would speed up the process of crafting for same quantity and items multiple BODs.

Oh, and before someone suggested to just craft 100 and fill multiple BODs with the 100 crafted items, unfortunately, backpacks have a limit of 125 items and a weight limit too so, very often, it is quite difficult to craft too many same items to fill up multiple BODs, having a "Make Last Number" button at the front crafting page, would help overcome the difficulties created by the limited number and weight of a main backpack.

@Kyronix , can we please get this enhancement to make crafting gameplay less cumbersome for those UO players  still refusing to use unauthorized Third Party utilities that make it possible to automize all of this process through scripts that basically take care pretty much of most if not all repetitive actions ? Thank you.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited January 2023
    In my opinion this equates to 'make work' for the devs, it is not needed.
    When I have multiples of the same item to craft, eg 2 x 15 bucklers, I will set it to make 30, while having the first bod for 15 open. I watch my crafting menu and when it gets close I hit the 'combine with contained items' button to get the cursor, then target my crafting bag when the first 15 are made. Job done, with no need for your 'make last number' button. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    When I have multiples of the same item to craft, eg 2 x 15 bucklers, I will set it to make 30, while having the first bod for 15 open. I watch my crafting menu and when it gets close I hit the 'combine with contained items' button to get the cursor, then target my crafting bag when the first 15 are made. Job done, with no need for your 'make last number' button. 
    You mean, "while" you are busy crafting a large number of same items which may overload you, you can, without that new command interrupting your crafting, hit the 'combine with contained items' and the BOD will suck up the right number of items thus reducing your weight ?

If so, I need to try that out.....
  • EC Client, Pinco's UI will do all you need and more
    edited January 2023
    Yes. I have been using that method all the way through filling several hundred bods. I don't use Pinco's, but I do use EC. I guess I can test to see if the same method can be used with CC.
    Yes it works in CC - if the video uploads before my edit period ends, I'll add it

Please excuse slightly shaky hands, which caused me to have 2 attempts.
    edited January 2023
    Yes. I have been using that method all the way through filling several hundred bods. I don't use Pinco's, but I do use EC. I guess I can test to see if the same method can be used with CC.
    What would also be of good help, now that the crafting stations can load up to 5,000 tools, that they were also permitted to also stock up and use (as if it was the crafter's main backpack) the related, needed crafting materials as locked down containers allow in one's own home, with no weight limit.

This, would finally stop the need to always drag and drop materials in one's own backpack which players using unauthorized Third Party utilities can do with scripts, but which  players still refusing to use these utilities, need to do manually with quite a lot of annoyance for having to engage in such a repetitive action over and over....

This way, players needing to fill up lots and lots of BODs would only need to focus on filling up the various BODs using the 'combine with contained items'.....
    I'm really sorry, but I totally disagree with your 'make work' efforts for the devs, I would really rather they concentrated on fixing bugs and creating meaningful content than ideas that 'automate' the game process more than it already is. Do you realise just how much your 'brilliant' idea would benefit the despised scripters??
  • here we go again

Endless "the players, some players, UO players"

Speaking for others that have not ever asked him to represent them.

And prepare for endless debates and counter arguments to everything you post Petra
  • EC Client Pinco's. ANWSER COMPLETE

this is the solution to YOUR problems

subject closed, next?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    EC Client Pinco's. ANWSER COMPLETE

subject closed, next?
    But he gets sea sickness....
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "I needed to do something like this,
    I wanted to make 10 of something infinite times but didn't want to keep typing, make number: 10

I used EC, and there's a make last macro option, and I set it on loop, which you can do 1-10 times,
    so if you want to make a macro to make 1-10 make last items that works great"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    I wanted to make 10 of something infinite times but didn't want to keep typing, make number: 10

I used EC, and there's a make last macro option, and I set it on loop, which you can do 1-10 times,
    In which client would you be required to actually type 'make number:10' ??
    edited January 2023
    "both?
    have to type 10, after you click make number

but don't have to type 10 (or click make number) if you make macro for make last and loop x 10,

sorry English is not my first language"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I'm really sorry, but I totally disagree with your 'make work' efforts for the devs, I would really rather they concentrated on fixing bugs and creating meaningful content than ideas that 'automate' the game process more than it already is. Do you realise just how much your 'brilliant' idea would benefit the despised scripters??
    Well, I guess that hardly anything can be done to UO, be it fixing bugs, enhancements or even adding new content without work involved.... yet, at least to my viewing, I think that work that addresses players' gameplay making it less cumbersome, less repetitive etc. would actually contribute to helping players make their time in UO for the better and, thus, void them getting bored or frustrated from it....

Sure, I do agree that the fixing of bugs is a higher priority, no doubts, nonetheless, some "minor" enhancements to players gameplay enjoyment which, hopefully, would not require "that" much of work to implement, whenever possible, should not be looked down, IMHO....

I have no idea how much work it would involve to make crafting Stations be capable of stocking up crafting materials and work as a crafter's backpack (i.e. for the crafter to be able to craft using tools and materials stored in the crafting station, not in the character's backpack...), perhaps it would take a lot of work, perhaps just a little.... what I am is is that, if the amount of work needed was to be resonable, I would see it as a positive thing for UO and to enhance UO crafters' enjoyment of the related gameplay.

It would benefit scripters ? I seriously doubt it...

Those who want to script and automate processes in UO already do it using Third Party unauthorized utilities..... it is the UO players who do not  use these Third Party unauthorized utilities who are getting the short end of the stick to the detriment of their enjoyment of UO's gameplay....

subject closed, next?
    Unfortunately, there is UO players of which I am 1, who just cannot stand the EC graphics and for them using the EC is a no-no....

Now, "if" the Developers made it possible as an alternative, to also load the Enhanced Client with the Classic Client graphics well, then I would say nothing....

But if one is "stuck" with playing the Classic Client and its limited macro and scripts capabilities, well, then the story becomes an entire other.....
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    This is exactly what I do!
    I usually do 20 at a time, depending on the amount.

Yoshi said:

In which client would you be required to actually type 'make number:10' ??
    Well, I have to do that in the Classic Client crafting gump, for example.... I need to go to the item's submenu and then click on the Make Number button, then write the number I want and then press enter....

Doing it once or twice is fine, but doing it tens upon tens of times if not hundreds depending how many BODs one needs to fill up well, "might " become quite annoying and cumbersome.....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    The scripters are crafting now ??  
    Yes.  I deliberately logged in to CC and made a video, just for you, to show how to do what I do, in that client. 
    I only did 2 x 10 bods, because you wouldn't want to spend time watching me do 3 x 20 bods or more, but the principle is the same.
    There are weight limits on what you can hold in your pack for a reason!  It's not just to cause you inconvenience.
    You complain bitterly about scripters, but try to persuade the devs to make it easier to script large quantities of items! 

This autumn I filled just over 300 bods for the artisan festival. I KNOW what I'm talking about. How many did you fill?
    edited January 2023
    Removed
    Grimbeard said:
    There is BOD rewards which are often up on VS for sale.... anything that sells and brings in gold can be of interest to scripters.... especially, if, thanking to Third Party unauthorized utilities they can script them with relative ease.....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Grimbeard said:
    That actually made me laugh :)
    edited January 2023
    “let me get this straight
    about 0.1% of crafters are using scripts,
    but you’re allowed to talk about that even though when you’re crafting you’re not directly competing with other crafters?

yet if you criticize the rampant scripts in PvP/fel that actually get you killed and looted, you get comments removed and sent threatening messages?

thats interesting

What happens if we start trying to pvp with crafters? Can we criticize script use then?”
  • popps said:
    Well, I guess that hardly anything can be done to UO, be it fixing bugs, enhancements or even adding new content without work involved.... yet, at least to my viewing, I think that work that addresses players' gameplay making it less cumbersome, less repetitive etc. would actually contribute to helping players make their time in UO for the better and, thus, void them getting bored or frustrated from it....

Sure, I do agree that the fixing of bugs is a higher priority, no doubts, nonetheless, some "minor" enhancements to players gameplay enjoyment which, hopefully, would not require "that" much of work to implement, whenever possible, should not be looked down, IMHO....

I have no idea how much work it would involve to make crafting Stations be capable of stocking up crafting materials and work as a crafter's backpack (i.e. for the crafter to be able to craft using tools and materials stored in the crafting station, not in the character's backpack...), perhaps it would take a lot of work, perhaps just a little.... what I am is is that, if the amount of work needed was to be resonable, I would see it as a positive thing for UO and to enhance UO crafters' enjoyment of the related gameplay.

It would benefit scripters ? I seriously doubt it...

Those who want to script and automate processes in UO already do it using Third Party unauthorized utilities..... it is the UO players who do not  use these Third Party unauthorized utilities who are getting the short end of the stick to the detriment of their enjoyment of UO's gameplay....
    there you go again....
    "addresses players' gameplay"
    "enhancements to players gameplay"
    "as a crafter's backpack"
    "not in the character's backpack
    "detriment of their enjoyment of UO's gameplay"

STOP talking for other people, replace the above with my or Popp's    stop writing essays in the third person, you want this ALL for yourself

and as always, you dont speak for the players
  • popps said:

subject closed, next?
    Unfortunately, there is UO players of which I am 1, who just cannot stand the EC graphics and for them using the EC is a no-no....

Now, "if" the Developers made it possible as an alternative, to also load the Enhanced Client with the Classic Client graphics well, then I would say nothing....

But if one is "stuck" with playing the Classic Client and its limited macro and scripts capabilities, well, then the story becomes an entire other.....
    Popps, 

YOU ARE CRAFTING, you are not in a dungeon, you are not running away from mongbats

You are in your house, you cannot get sea sick there, it cannot make you nauseous and fall over, but it CAN improve your crafting experience

Obviously you have never tried this skill in the EC and you are just being ignorant or difficult

this is the solution to your problem

TRY IT
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
      :D  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I cant wait to see what comes next
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Again disagreement with popps okay personally attacking him not so much 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited January 2023
    not attacking him, but I think its unacceptable to keep on going with the "some players" nonsense.  It is his problem, not others, and suggesting it is is not acceptable

it makes out that there is a big problem when in truth,  it is only HIS problem, and my concern is that things get further messed up and nerfed to due nonsense like this

if anything his posts are an attack on better players enjoyment of the game
  • its also no acceptable to articulate a problem by bloating out his essays with contact suggestion that other payers are suffering the same issues he is, they are not and he should NOT suggest that they are.  This is the problem I have with all the posts.  He asks for help then argues with the responses...........

I this case EC. and pincos will 100% help him

2D client I ancient and he wants the Devs to waste valuable time fixing issues he has by hiding behind non existent players
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2023
    You can tell CC to create 100 items and then open the BOD and fill it and add resources  while the crafting still goes on.

This is not a needed QoL change.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
This discussion has been closed.