Best Weapon / Talisman for Dark Father

What would be the highest damage weapon and tali combo for best DPS against DF for a typical sampire? 

I know some changes happened a few years back when I was out of the game but I see people talk about 200 per swing and I've never managed more than 50 or 60 with double undead slayer, 100 fire damage, using double axe on my sampire.

What am I doing wrong or misunderstanding here?

I know he's demon but I'm bad at switching and it wasn't doing much more damage at all so I leave the fire undead on for the spawn. I just finished 10 rounds solo over several days camping there and he takes foreverrrrrrr... Plus, I got nuthin ha.

How do you hit for 200 damage?

Comments

• ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    edited January 2023
    Next I'm going to earn and burn as many hammers as it takes so I want to make sure whatever new weapon sets I'm aiming for crafting are the right ones... Because it's going to take a lot of hammers if I need to put mana drain or fatigue on them.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,898
    Are you honoring him first 
    Yes. Starts around 35-40 up to 50-60 once perfection achieved

But no EoO for him for fear of spawn.
    If double strike goes for both then I'll hit for double that.. that number is my single hit dmg
  • Start by looking at my post HERE. Is your damage increase at/near max? What about damage modifier/multiplier?

The dark father is demon and elemental slayer, not undead. What I personally use is undead cameo with a 100% fire elemental slayer double axe. The undead cameo is to deal with the side spawn. By honoring the dark father and having an elemental axe, I am able to reach the damage mod/multi cap.

On top of that, are you using onslaught and double strike?
    Got it... I'll use elemental slayer then.  I can do onslaught but I usually run Bushido in there for mana and the confidence boost to make sure I don't mess up the fleshrenderer. I can switch but probably not every round with the cooldown. I just don't need any of the stat boosts from a warrior mastery.

Do you just use leeches on the weapon or can you do anything significant to the DF with fatigue or mana drain?
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited January 2023
    Dark father is just demon slayer , he's not elemental slayer technically.

But wearing an elemental slayer give you a +50% dmg that goes OVER the cap because he's one of these rare monster that does a reflect ability, and by wearing an opposite elemental slayer, since hes demon , his reflect ability does +50% more dmg on you, and because of that you also deal +50%. Same goes for the swamp dragon armor, if you mount one of these vs dark father, his reflect will do -20% dmg on you, and because of that you'll do -20% dmg on darkfather, so another tip is to NOT mount a swampy/paroxysmus, same apply for the peacemaking mastery song -30% dmg taken, you do -30% to dark father with it active...

It's almost as your dmg taken from his reflect ability dmg is always tied to your final damage, so the more dmg you take from the reflect, the more dmg you'll do on him, vice versa.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    Dark father is just demon slayer , he's not elemental slayer technically.

But wearing an elemental slayer give you a +50% dmg that goes OVER the cap because he's one of these rare monster that does a reflect ability, and by wearing an opposite elemental slayer, since hes demon , his reflect ability does +50% more dmg on you, and because of that you also deal +50%. Same goes for the swamp dragon armor, if you mount one of these vs dark father, his reflect will do -20% dmg on you, and because of that you'll do -20% dmg on darkfather, so another tip is to NOT mount a swampy/paroxysmus, same apply for the peacemaking mastery song -30% dmg taken, you do -30% to dark father with it active...

It's almost as your dmg taken from his reflect ability dmg is always tied to your final damage, so the more dmg you take from the reflect, the more dmg you'll do on him, vice versa.

"haha nice, reminds me of this"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
     :D  :D  :D  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Yoshi said:

"haha nice, reminds me of this"

Uo coding in a nutshell D
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Valeria said:
    What would be the highest damage weapon and tali combo for best DPS against DF for a typical sampire? 

I know some changes happened a few years back when I was out of the game but I see people talk about 200 per swing and I've never managed more than 50 or 60 with double undead slayer, 100 fire damage, using double axe on my sampire.

I know he's demon but I'm bad at switching and it wasn't doing much more damage at all so I leave the fire undead on for the spawn. I just finished 10 rounds solo over several days camping there and he takes foreverrrrrrr... Plus, I got nuthin ha.

The elemental slayer dmg trick doesn't work anymore.  When fighting the Dark father use a demon slayer tailsman and a fire damage double axe.  Use area dmg (fire).  You should deal significant dmg if your suit has 100 damage increase and you use onslaught.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited January 2023
    Foos said:
    Valeria said:

The elemental slayer dmg trick doesn't work anymore. 
    I don't know who fooled you into saying elemental slayer trick doesnt work anymore, because it does. You just had me doubt tho and I went into doom to test it out. Result : I did a mystic bombard on darkfather for 28 damage with a reptile slayer book on, then I switched to elemental slayer book and bombard did 42 (+50% exactly).

• One more quick question... can anyone confirm whether or not the "pity timer" continues if you leave doom?  If I do 5-6 laps and don't get a drop... leave... then come back later with a new golden skull, do I still have some credit towards a drop or does it reset?

And what if I park it within the gauntlet shop without leaving the dungeon altogether and then log back on the next day after server up.  Do I keep my credit or does it reset?
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Valeria said:
    One more quick question... can anyone confirm whether or not the "pity timer" continues if you leave doom?  If I do 5-6 laps and don't get a drop... leave... then come back later with a new golden skull, do I still have some credit towards a drop or does it reset?

And what if I park it within the gauntlet shop without leaving the dungeon altogether and then log back on the next day after server up.  Do I keep my credit or does it reset?
    Yes, you do have your credit. It resets when you get drop. 
  • Thanks for the confirmation!
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Foos said:
    Valeria said:

The elemental slayer dmg trick doesn't work anymore. 
    I don't know who fooled you into saying elemental slayer trick doesnt work anymore, because it does. You just had me doubt tho and I went into doom to test it out. Result : I did a mystic bombard on darkfather for 28 damage with a reptile slayer book on, then I switched to elemental slayer book and bombard did 42 (+50% exactly).

Nobody.  It doesn't work anymore.  You used a spell, use an axe.  I used to do insane damage with an elemental slayer if I honored the DF.  Elemental slayer axe + demon cameo + honor.  I would hit him for unreal damage.  Like 200 per hit so double strike could go over 400.  They changed that.  I wasn't hitting anywhere near that the last time I tried it.