Classic Client Not Responding Upon Login

NatakeuNatakeu Posts: 8
I recently upgraded to a new computer and Windows 11. Right now when I try to login with the classic client it stops responding and is stuck at the Verifying Account window. I am able to login with EC and play, but I would like to be able to login with CC.
Tagged:

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    edited January 2023
    Are you running cc as an admin?
  • Yes
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I am running windows 11 and can log in to both clients, so it's not a general problem. Have you tried the 'perform full file check' in case you have a corrupted file in your download?
  • NatakeuNatakeu Posts: 8
    edited January 2023
    Multiple times, files come back clean with no errors.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "I don't have win 11, so sorry if this is useless suggestion but try running in compatibility mode for win10 maybe"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Compatibility Mode results with the same outcome. Thanks for the suggestion!
    edited January 2023
    Natakeu said:
    Multiple times, files come back clean with no errors.

"she means full file check on the uo patcher, not windows full file check"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • NatakeuNatakeu Posts: 8
    edited January 2023
    As I said, Performing the Full File Check is what I have done three times already. *Edit* Make that Four times now. I appreciate what your trying to do.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Fix it yet? Trying to log in using UOA by chance?
    "try compatibility mode for windows 7 maybe,
    but i dunno it's strange that others can still connect on win 11 and you can connect through EC"
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Yoshi said:
    "try compatibility mode for windows 7 maybe,
    but i dunno it's strange that others can still connect on win 11 and you can connect through EC"

I had the same screen when trying to log in CC using UOA earlier. It was something conflicting after i had a nice freeshard session using Rxxxr E. 

The fix: Open R, set to OSI, log in, log back out and close R. UOA will now allow it to log in. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited January 2023
    Turn off your virus program and see if it loads.  Every issue I have had is because the virus program does not allow UO to change files.  

opps old thread, I would have bought a new PC if UO didn't work for 2 days.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Sorry guys its been a long month and a very busy one at that. I had a friend over to look at my issue. It turns out that One drive was causing the issue and making Ultima Online Files to be read only. Once we turned One drive completely off, deleted a few things, performed a full file check to replace what was deleted. It completely works now. Thank you everyone for your suggestions!