Lost and Found.

When I quit I pretty much just everything drop in the IDOCs and whatever was in banks or backpacks was what I would have if I ever decided to return.  Since I have been back I have been missing my fire paintings and Barrel Sponges :)  So going through characters the other day collecting the holiday tokens I hit a character that I never log onto or use and he has 20 fire paintings, 20 barrel sponges and 20 ship painting in his pack. SO I think lets see what is in this ones bank and I find a full set of dye tubs, a couple ethy Llamas and 15 violet soul stones. I guess I used that toon to hold stuff during a house remodel and totally forgot about it and the stuff.  LOL kind of annoying at the same time because the night before I bought 20 kings collection add ons for the fire paintings and sponges.  Lesson here is returning players should check every character on every accts packs, banks and beetles!  Even if you think you don't have anything you might actually have a lot! 

LOL I did not care even a little bit about all of the ship paintings going Poof, I mean how many stacks of 60k Heavy powder charges do you really need :)  The same could be said for the sponge potions but I actually use them.  It is the fire paintings that I love. One fire painting is not very useful, when I had 100 they were very useful, all of those .1 sots add up with scroll binders :)  No getting around I let 80 of them go POOF but now have 40 of them thanks to an obscure character holding 20 of them.  And I am not going to complain about not having to buy soul stones and work skills up on that acct :)

Overall I am glad I let 99% of my stuff drop or go poof in the IDOCs.  I heard regularly when one of my houses or castles was going to fall and the final one to fall being the Fel Trinsic Swamp Castle on Origin.  Reports were it was a fun IDOC and the Castle was fairly well stocked with Phat Loots.  So happy folks had some fun with the 50 some IDOCs I let drop :)  Some Empty, some with a bit of stuff and some pretty loaded.  Also amusing hearing the reports of What Happened to Tyrath??? He Died!, He Went Bankrupt IRL!!  He Got hit by a car and is a vegetable!!!  LOL Nope he just got burned out to the extreme on UO and had way too many big projects going on IRL to log in for more than 10-15 minutes on any given day.  He also had too much stuff in game to the point he could not even begin to keep track of it and sort it all out.  I spent 5 days looking for a reptile slayer cameo and found one a month later while looking for a Yukio Earrings and a Minax Sandals.  Now I don't have to look for any of that stuff!!! Characters were either wearing them or they were not :)  The only thing I really regret going poof were all of the shard shields, but they can all be replaced over time. Soul stones and store stuff are just money and easy enough to replace.  Lost skills on stone no big deal as it does not take long to get 100 and 120s. I am loving my plats being stranded on Napa for at least another year!  After I spent all of my gold on Origin I had to actually hunt and farm it for the things I want to buy on shard or on shopping trips to the armpit of UO.  LOL I did have enough vet picks to get 2-4 shard shields on 3 accts.  So I can get back and forth from Origin-Atlantic and Origin-Legends or Origin-LS. 

I did make ceiling for how many accts I would reopen when I came back.  The Magic number was 17, Not a reason in the world I can come up with now days to have 54 accts open at one time. There are 17 house spots that I like and use.  LOL No one else seems to like those spots as they were all open or Origin is just that dead.......  I decided I was only going to actively play on Origin.  Gets to nuts keeping track of houses and stuff across multiple shards IMO. 

I still have a lot going on IRL but have reached the point on the project list that I can take a few hours here and there and a whole day now and then to play.  Building the 15 acre lake, the 7 acre pond and the 1.5 acre pond dams and scraping the beds down to hard clay was a very long and time consuming project and a constant race against rain...... that turned out to not be much of a race since we had a drought for the last 8 Months! Now I am just building a house and am to the interior work, so that means I only have to push as hard as I want to. Next Sping/Summer/Fall will be kind of crazy again as I am going to build a 50KW Solar System, a personal water treatment plant from lake to house, and build another two ponds a 4 acre and a 6 acre and build another 3 miles of gravel roads.  My last big retirement projects :)  After next year it is Fishing, playing games, shooting stuff and maybe blowing a few things up just for kicks. Can rattle the windows 10 miles away in town with enough tannerite :)

LOL and as usual when I go pirate hunting......... Why is there always one part of the orc ship plans that just refuses to fall in my backpack!!! LOL 6 of 6 HATES ME!!!  Need to move the other 20 fire paintings and sponges to the Zento Gate house.  Got lucky on the acct I am building and got a decent triton first pick with 126.9 wrestle and good everything else in the stats.  Scroll him out and train him up and he will be a very good pet for the marginal acct I am working up. 

So for those that care or wondered that is what I have been doing and what I will be doing. For those that don't care just scroll on past ;)

Comments

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I remember you gifting me an Orc SHIP back on Origin some years back :) Welcome back to the game and good to hear you are enjoying your retirement!  
  • This has to be an imposter, I know for a fact the real Tyrath was involved in an alien abduction that crash landed and left him a vegetable. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited December 2022
    I  saw the remains on Origin after the Faire.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I would like to personally thank you for funding UO of the next year. Good on ya
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    It was a demonic hog that ate him is what I was told. 
    I still have super chicken :) 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    This has to be an imposter, I know for a fact the real Tyrath was involved in an alien abduction that crash landed and left him a vegetable. 

ANd killed all of the hogs and cattle leading to my financial demise while vegetating!
    Hippo said:
    I remember you gifting me an Orc SHIP back on Origin some years back :) Welcome back to the game and good to hear you are enjoying your retirement!  

Are you Kinslayer?

Pawain said:
    I  saw the remains on Origin after the Faire.

See that ALien ate Vic's Cookies!

I would like to personally thank you for funding UO of the next year. Good on ya

My Contributions probably only keep Origins server plugged in at best :)
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Skett said:
    It was a demonic hog that ate him is what I was told. 
    I still have super chicken :) 

Think I saw you run through Luna bank night before last while I was camping the mages buying scrolls and making Gates on NasTea