Which Archlich Reward would be advisable to have a spare double of ?

It is my understanding that the Archlich Rewards, even though they are not tagged as Brittle, they still are, since Powder of Fortification cannot be applied to them to restore the lost durability when repairing them.

Of course, if one has plenty points to redeem for rewards, they can claim as many doubles and even triples as they please but, what about those players who, instead, need to make choices and can only get a double or two of the items that they are planning to use with their characters ?

Since not all item slots get worn out at the same speed (I understand that items in different slots get hit with different probabilities) and, also, considering how items worn by melee characters get worn out faster as compared to items worn by ranged characters, among these Reward items, which should be the "priorities" to consider as doubles to claim so as to replace those items wearing out their durability faster because of repetitive repairs needed ?

- Gargish Kilt of the Archlich
- Mantle of the Archlich
- Cingulum of Ju'onar
- Divinos Luminous
- Corrupted Paladin Vambraces
- Gargoyle Corrupted Paladin Vambraces
- Scabbard of Ju'onar
- Gloves of the Archlich

Thank you.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    There is no right answer 
  • OMFG really?  have you got NOTHING better to do?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited December 2022
    You will never play enough to wear out anything.

Different templates need different items. You need to be more specific.  You want the vambraces for every dexxer you have.

I only took a tali and many arms. I don't need any of the others.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Maybe sell them instead of hoarding them.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited December 2022
    Vambraces and gloves seem to get the highest recommendations depending on what you play.  To be honest I get pretty good stuff from looting treasure chests and corpses.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Arnold7 said:
    Vambraces and gloves seem to get the highest recommendations depending on what you play.  To be honest I get pretty good stuff from looting treasure chests and corpses.
    Good for you...

Most Treasure Hunters that I hear from, keep lamenting how junkie is the loot from treasure chests and this, even with Hoard chests digged and opened with plenty luck and +5 Cartography glasses.... you must be really lucky to get good loot where most players lament getting only junk...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Good for you...

Most Treasure Hunters that I hear from, keep lamenting how junkie is the loot from treasure chests and this, even with Hoard chests digged and opened with plenty luck and +5 Cartography glasses.... you must be really lucky to get good loot where most players lament getting only junk...
    Maybe you should do more things in the game instead of playing through other people's responses. Then stating them as real experiences. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Not needed, well before a piece gets worn out they'll make something better and these can be delegated to a crafter or runner. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Most cache through trove chests contain mostly junk but mixed in are some real jewels. The profession affects what is in them.  But if you do chests on a regular basis, you will get the good stuff.  Not to mislead, close to 100% of the equipment is junk but most chests, except maybe cache,  have one to three really exceptional items.  Think it is all just luck regarding what is on anything so the probability of getting a good item is low by design.  I don’t have that much luck on my suit but I do use the best glasses.
    Not needed, well before a piece gets worn out they'll make something better and these can be delegated to a crafter or runner. 
    Are you really sure ?

On my Sampire, which I am using for Deceit, when the Event started I put a pair of solaria's Secret Poisons for the +10 HCI which where at 255.... and they are already now down at 245...

And they are a pair of earrings which, supposedly, should have a much lower chance to get hit as compared to other slots....

I am not sure what gets them worn down so frequently.... yet, I wait till they are down to like 20 and then repair them and in doing so, 10 points of durability have already gone down the drains....

Noticed my Yukio’s earrings were gone the other day so suspect earrings take a lot of damage.  Think I noticed that when I first started using them.  Earrings are more fragile than armor.
    edited December 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Noticed my Yukio’s earrings were gone the other day so suspect earrings take a lot of damage.  Think I noticed that when I first started using them.  Earrings are more fragile than armor.
    Still, one would imagine that Chest and legs would get most hits.... perhaps arms.... I find it odd that earrings would get hit so frequently....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    popps said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Still, one would imagine that Chest and legs would get most hits.... perhaps arms.... I find it odd that earrings would get hit so frequently....
    Do you understand how things wear? My bard can destroy something jusr running buffs 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited December 2022
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Do you understand how things wear? My bard can destroy something jusr running buffs 

Yes, certainly antique jewels with any amount of mana regen wear out very quickly, even if not in combat.   Curiously, this "passive" reduction in durability will stop when the item reaches say 0/255 durability (last I checked; I tend to avoid using antique jewels when possible).

I think the durability is checked whenever certain attributes are checked of the worn items.  So for Yukio earrings, it's possible that anytime SDI or perhaps Luck is referenced, a durability check occurs.  The durability reduction may be a probability % influenced by antique, brittle, etc.

The shield slot appears to be based on whether parry is checked/successful.  That's why gargoyles and elfs with zero parry can avoid durability loss on shields.  (humans have 20 parry via JOAT, ... ).

• Arms and gloves are not brittle, as has been stated multiple times on this forum. In fact I just used PoF on the arms successfully.
    Arms and gloves are not brittle, as has been stated multiple times on this forum. In fact I just used PoF on the arms successfully.
    Hmmm... so which are then the Rewards that are brittle and, thus, would be recommendable to get doubles of ?
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    vambraces - really good piece. 
     I will challenge the idea that ALL dexers should wear these.  My 820 skill build dragoon cannot use these, they simply dont need the dex/stamina, they need str/hp.  And i personally prefer the LMC benefits of studded/bone armour types. 

SDI belt - really excellent piece.  Worth having a couple of. 

Robe - also great piece and worth having extras of.  

Gloves - these arguably a best in slot item.  They single handedly made the vast majority of glove slot looted items obsolete (for mages). 

Talisman - this is a pretty good tally that I will be using to make some dexer luck suits with.   It has durability, and I dont believe it can be powdered; thus I will be getting some extras.  

• None of the rewards are brittle, the devs are just too lazy to fix items that originally had no durability to allow Pof to be applied.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    None of the rewards are brittle, the devs are just too lazy to fix items that originally had no durability to allow Pof to be applied.
    They do not show the brittle tag, yes, but some of them can be applied Pof while some others cannot, so.... I doubt that it is about durability not applied because, if this was the case, then all of the Rewards would not be able to be applied Pof....
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2022
    ForeverFun said:, certainly antique jewels with any amount of mana regen wear out very quickly, even if not in combat.   

“I once read someone else say this,
    but I don’t think it’s true.

It might be the spell casting that’s causing dura loss but not the MR, you could do an experiment, I can’t remember exactly what I was doing but I remember the result was that MR was not causing dura loss”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited December 2022
    Yoshi said:
    ForeverFun said:, certainly antique jewels with any amount of mana regen wear out very quickly, even if not in combat.   

“I once read someone else say this,
    but I don’t think it’s true.

It might be the spell casting that’s causing dura loss but not the MR, you could do an experiment, I can’t remember exactly what I was doing but I remember the result was that MR was not causing dura loss”
    MR appears to lead to durability loss.  Sit in a house/safe area, running a bard mastery buff, and do nothing else.  Antique jewels with MR lose several durability every few minutes.   Other masteries that use mana, running across server boundary (while wearing + mana gear), etc, are other ways to get the same result.

Mana regen may not be checked when your mana is full, but lots of ways to have less than full mana while not being in combat.

Note that acid pools can damage the shield slot (regardless of parry).
    edited December 2022
    ForeverFun said:MR appears to lead to durability loss.  Sit in a house/safe area, running a bard mastery buff, and do nothing else.  Antique jewels with MR lose several durability every few minutes.   Other masteries that use mana, running across server boundary (while wearing + mana gear), etc, are other ways to get the same result.

Mana regen may not be checked when your mana is full, but lots of ways to have less than full mana while not being in combat.

Note that acid pools can damage the shield slot (regardless of parry).
    “ that is I think only due to the mastery buff, not the loss of mana and the mana regen property, *sigh* I will run experiment with cloak of corruption or something, I am very busy for such things “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited December 2022
    popps said:
    CovenantX said:
    None of the rewards are brittle, the devs are just too lazy to fix items that originally had no durability to allow Pof to be applied.
    They do not show the brittle tag, yes, but some of them can be applied Pof while some others cannot, so.... I doubt that it is about durability not applied because, if this was the case, then all of the Rewards would not be able to be applied Pof....
       You misunderstood my point, What I'm saying is items that didn't have durability like Clothing for example, a "Robe" never had durability, therefore when a robe is added to the game that has durability there is no code for that 'item type' that allows for it to be PoF'd.

This is also the same reason 'clean' jewerly cannot be PoF'd cause there was no jewerly that had durability until imbuing came out (save for some replica items that have a "replica" tag suggesting they cannot be PoF'd anyway.

Every single item in the game that has durability without a tag of Brittle, Cannot be Repaired, Imbued or Replica. should allow Powder of Fortification to be applied to them..  in fact, Here is the bug report with a list of items that were not PoF-able (at the time of the report) -still have not been fixed, shocker, i know.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Some posts have been removed. It is obvious that a certain poster favors a 'debating' style of posting, creating 'discussion' topics simply for the sake of creating a discussion. Would posters who are annoyed by that style please refrain from joining in that discussion unless they have a contribution to the topic and not an attack on the poster please?
    “They have a dev called parallax now so maybe they will get round to fixing soon”
    edited December 2022

Yes, certainly antique jewels with any amount of mana regen wear out very quickly, even if not in combat. 

"My char got timed out for inactivity after 20 mins
    people should not make such statements without evidence, especially after i just told you i didn't think it was so, i am too busy for such things"

mr.png 914.9K
    edited December 2022
    Yoshi said:

Yes, certainly antique jewels with any amount of mana regen wear out very quickly, even if not in combat. 

"My char got timed out for inactivity after 20 mins
    people should not make such statements without evidence, especially after i just told you i didn't think it was so, i am too busy for such things"

Running the invigorate or inspire bard masteries leads to durability loss on antique jewels with MR, even if not in combat.  Likewise, running those masteries leads to durability loss on antique jewels with +4 mana (no MR) - though the rate of durability loss seemed slower than with MR. 

My original post did not single out MR as the only stat where durability loss is noted on antique jewels, and it's speculative in nature as to other attributes like luck and SDI (indeed, perhaps this as broad as any antique items).

Your test of the cloak of corruption may not trigger whatever logic is leading to durability loss.  It's quite possible the cloak does a direct delete/drain of mana, rather than triggering some sort of use/buff/combat check.

You're welcome to ask at the next meet & greet for a comprehensive explanation of what can lead to durability loss, and how the rate of durability loss may be influenced.  I'm not losing any sleep over the details here, or whether there are bugs in this area, etc.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited December 2022
    You know what would stop all this Garbage-heep of a discussion over durability loss?  Fixing the F**KING Bugs.  That is all.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Deathbringer, read this discussion.