2023 Wishlist Thread

I have had a running list of things that I've really wanted to see implemented/fixed in the game so figure I'd throw them out there incase any DEV sees. Most are quality of life changes, things that actually would make playing the game and doing things much easier. I run in to at least one of these a week, mainly the first one regarding repairing with 100 cap trade skills. All of mine are only relevant to the CC.

PLEASE ONLY POSITIVE POSTING OR POSTING OF YOUR WISH LISTS.
Some will be controversial so please no negativity/attacking looking to see what people are wanting as far as change for the game.

My list, aside the first one is priority #1, no particular order:
  • Carp/tink/bowcraft only go to 100 skill-cap so repairing is extremely difficult, often fail 3-4 times, compared to blacksmith where you can get 120 skill or 180 repair contracts that NEVER fail. A +skill tool or something PLEASE! THIS HAS BEEN A THORN IN MY SIDE FOR YEARS!
  • Rental contracts for new commission vendors.
  • Auction safe show name of item winner/bidder to owner of safe.
  • Idocs: items poof or in owners bank. Some system, perhaps they need to pay to recover them when they come back but automatically lose randomly 50% (just spitting ideas)?
  • VvV items: simple solution make them not usable + no stats in tram.
  • Pets path through people/other pets in tram.
  • EM event items shard bound and then why not allow everyone to have one that participates.
  • EM event bosses clearly tagged [BOSS] or something.
  • Account gold/plat amount visible on status bar.
  • HP bar more smooth, instead of large % increments, make it every %, and add actual % either overhead or at end of name, ie: "A monster [55%]"
  • Jewelry box itself item count similar to bod books, not 1:1 (ie each piece in the box makes the box itself count as one more item) so you can move and pick up a full one.
  • Context menu trade only works if chars are on same Z axis, allow trade with anyone.
  • Party bars completely mess up when a character in the party relogs or a add new added.
  • Cross-heal bandage timers: really only multiboxers and bots make use of it, make cross heal timer same as self bandage timer.
  • Transfer timers: reduce a few hours to compensate for the time of the actual transfer.
  • Option to turn off animations: spells mostly and spell particles... heck even an option for everything that animates.
  • Filter for ctrl/shift object handles, monsters/objects/items/customizable/etc.
  • All functionalities of uoassist added, no reason people should have to pay for that 25 years later.
  • Targeting system overhaul/customization to be in line with videos of 3rd party clients I've seen.

Here are a few things from my previous wish lists that are no longer for reasons described:
  • Auction safe auto-renew feature IMPLEMENTED
  • Remove gate cohesion/spellbook recharge time TECHNICAL ISSUE, NOT HAPPENING
  • Vendor search poor performance A BIT BETTER, STILL NOT THERE
  • Blackthorns dungeon minor spawn permanently gone NEVER COMING BACK

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• Increase death decay timer.
    It's crazy fast especially for solo play.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Remove shard bound items ? 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited December 2022
    ^ Great ideas, I may have to steal them for my 2024 list  :D
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    • Rental contracts for new commission vendors.
    This is REALLY a must !!

And it would also be easily dealt with, to my opinion....

The number of lockdowns that the commission vendor needs to use ?

Make it part of the negotiating between the House owner and the Renter.... if the renter gets given, say, 50 lockdowns, those lockdowns will be temporarily subtracted, until the Rental Commission Vendor is in place, from the total available lockdowns of the House.

Problem solved, and Rental Commission Vendor been made available to UO players....
    edited December 2022
    A new Veteran Reward which I would like to see as added is a global Crafting bench one whereas UO Crafters could add in it, when locked down in a House, any quantity of materials, unlimited AND, most importantly, the crafter could interact with the Crafting bench as if those materials where in the crafter's main backpack thus making it possible to craft items which need any materials or combination of materials without any annoyance to have to check quantities, drag them onto the backpack and all of that repetitive, annoying stuff....

Just get the crafting tool, get close to the Crafting bench filled up with all materials in load, and craft what needed, without worrying to have to look for the materials, drag the quantities needed and all that annoying part of crafting....

This Crafting bench would come especially usefull when having to fill up Bulk Order Deeds whereas large stocks of materials need to be used up....

So far, only players using those external Third Party applications which permit to script and automize most UO tasks have it smooth and hassle-free ...... why should regular UO players who do not use those illegal Third Party utilities have to have it so much more difficult and annoying as it now is ?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Same as every year high seas update fishing update fix gargoyles communication...
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited December 2022
    Really like the list from @username with one exception:
    • Cross-heal bandage timers: really only multiboxers and bots make use of it, make cross heal timer same as self bandage timer. We use this on Great Lakes both within our guild and with random people taking damage from para's all the time. 
    My highest priority would definitely be:
    • EM event items shard bound and then why not allow everyone to have one that participates.
    Something I would add is:
    • a Reforge tool which permits control over which reforge an item receives. It could be a unique tool limited one or two choices each taking a charge, each given at 100% possible strength.
    • Create single trading server where shard bound items could be traded leaving as account bound items. With freely accessible gating to the shard of origin for the toon. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    About 98.9% sure none of this will happen but i'll give it one final shot. 

-Imbuing upgrade for armor and jewels: Time invested training imbuing + secondary skillsets + time farming ingredients should not equal the low quality low mod suits. Base resist increase. More mods. 

-More focused easier reforging menu to dial in on desired mods. Can still be extremely hard to achieve max mod chosen. 

-New armor and clothing choices. I've been asking for this for years. Why is this so hard?

-Upgrade for stealing and dungeon chests. NOT ALL OF US ENJOY BASHING CRAP

-More ridable pets for tamers. Would even be willing to pay UOStore for colored skins 

-More imbuing choices for shields. Swing speed, damage increase, regins, stats ect. 

-Less grindy stuff in general. It gets old fast. 

-End shard and account bound on limited time items. Duplicate versions (blackthorn?) should be available for trade. 
  • the ability to block people on these forums.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• looploop Posts: 301
    edited December 2022
    My hope is that the team, at a minimum, shares a roadmap for development that we can expect in 2023, regardless of the nature of that development. More wishfully, my hope is that this development cycle occurs on a monthly basis, not quarterly.

In terms of specific development, I don't think there's any chance of this happening, but I would like to see bug fixes, modernization of the classic client, and balance/content updates to make useless skills/templates relevant.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    A new Veteran Reward which I would like to see as added is a global Crafting bench one whereas UO Crafters could add in it, when locked down in a House, any quantity of materials, unlimited AND, most importantly, the crafter could interact with the Crafting bench as if those materials where in the crafter's main backpack thus making it possible to craft items which need any materials or combination of materials without any annoyance to have to check quantities, drag them onto the backpack and all of that repetitive, annoying stuff....

Just get the crafting tool, get close to the Crafting bench filled up with all materials in load, and craft what needed, without worrying to have to look for the materials, drag the quantities needed and all that annoying part of crafting....

This Crafting bench would come especially usefull when having to fill up Bulk Order Deeds whereas large stocks of materials need to be used up....

So far, only players using those external Third Party applications which permit to script and automize most UO tasks have it smooth and hassle-free ...... why should regular UO players who do not use those illegal Third Party utilities have to have it so much more difficult and annoying as it now is ?
    other games let you craft stuff with the resources in your bank.
    I would prefer that over having another vet reward to store the resources
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    popps said:

I really like this idea!! Would be great to be able to craft from either the bank or even a crate.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Add a filter to Davies' Lockers
    Allow marking of runestones at the Sea Market.
    Add grass, snow, sand, lava, swamp, and water tiles to the UO store.
    edited December 2022
    popps said:

There simply is no reasons not to make this possible...

Thanking to some Third Party utilities which many players use already, and, I seem to understand, without much fear to get banned from using them if one looks at quite many UO videos that circulate on the Web, lots and lots of UO players who use these unapproved Third Party applications can already pretty much achieve this by "automating" with scripts the dragging of resources from a container where they might be stored to the character's main backpack where they are getting used.

The only players greatly disadvantaged, are those who play "by the rules" and do not use these unapproved Third Party utilities....

I think that, it is about time that this disparity of gameplay is erased and that also players who do not want to use unapproved (illegal) Third Party applications, are permitted to be able to craft using resources off of a container or new crafting bench...

I would prefer it not to be "only" a bank box, because so far, bank boxes are not accessable from one's own UO home.... and, I reckon, crafting is better from one's own UO home, rather then at a bank...
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    1  - stop insurance for reds.  
    2-  fix gargish Grugor Shield so it can be repaired
    3- allow gargoyles to go in vamp form while flying
    4- unnerf ninjia animal form : allow special moves in other than dogs form at least. Or in tiger and uicorn ones. 

Do nothing with shard bound, it is just fine. 

• popps,
                 that's a good idea, *cough, cough* this other old mmorpg I play has a supply depot. While in your guildhall all guildies with access to the depot can just craft from the resources deposited.

It sure was a welcomed addition solving many of your stated issues.
  • where to start!
    1 grass, snow, sand tiles added to the clean up officers as claimable rewards.

2 the rarer rubble grass, which looks like iris unbloomed give a common name and added to clean up rewards. 

3 i still want that greenhouse! that holds wheelbarrow or growable plants up to like 1500 of them

4 would also like some of the scattared leaf graphics added to a dungeon reward -dyable with natural dyes

5 same with poppies dust graphic, as that as a dungeon reward and make it dyable with natural dyes

6 would like to see a rerun of some of the deco items , hemlock, snowy hedges,birdhouses, pentagrams. 

7 more statues added to the zoo list...including an eagle statue 

8 i would like to see giant ice wyrms  be able to go to 5 slot pets @Kyronix how many times have i bugged u about a glacial danger noodle...

9  i really want an Egyptian themed dungeon event.. with the rewards themed as well...  a sphinx statue that is normal hue, ankh themed deco, Anubis statues, book of the dead, book of life, reeds, pharos headdress ,  stone slabs, obelisk tips, heck maybe even a scarab pet that was like the wildfire ozzy. 

10...i want the graphics of the fish in fish bowls....i want to be able to use those graphics in game so badly.

and i would love to be able to craft wooden floor tiles, like the hardwood floor.   
    @Dixie_of_Chessy1 love all your request! 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited December 2022
    1) if it's truly detectable, as they once said... start auto-banning people for 24 hours upon login with an 'illegal third-party program'... update the messaging on 'reasons you cannot login' to reflect that more accurately. -The game will not get better without cheating being dealt with in a meaningful way... it just won't.

2) fix parry/evade, it's been broken long enough.

3) remove armor refinement bonuses from affecting players in pvp Dci cap should always be 45 in pvp Resistance caps should always be 70% pvp (75 energy for elves) and reduced from 70 with debuffs like curse, corpse skin & onslaught,

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Let pets eat scrolls of transcendance
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Mojmir said:
    Let pets eat scrolls of transcendance
    Great idea 

Just imagine how much a healing scroll will go for  >:)
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    I finally get vpn working and sign on after what, a couple of months, and after reading the titles of threads, figure I will go back into hibernation.
  • OatsOats Posts: 10
    If they made the 2d client have all the 3d interface features I’d buy a lifetime subscription and never leave the game. 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    the ability to block people on these forums.

Well at least I know you are not speaking of me since I only recently posted on this forum since my return.  But yes blocking on this forum would be very nice.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Gwen said:
    1  - stop insurance for reds.  

Good, insurance should not work when died while grey or red. The Gods should not protect criminals.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2022
    "lol, if a blue is trolling you by healing orange pets or wall scripting you, and you manage to kill them.
    you have to buy a forged pardon every time? 

sounds expensive

red already has fc-1 from no town buff, and no virtue use

nobody plays red anyway because already so many disadvantages and target bugs where guild mates hit them and their pets with attack nearest hostile"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Tyrath said:

**This User has been blocked**

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Tyrath said:

**This User has been blocked**

Don't make me send you the Pig Doo Doo Emoji on the other communications network :) 

And while I am at it, my wish would be............ MAKE MINING STATIC SPOTS AGAIN AND DO AWAY WITH ALL THE OTHER NONSENSE THEY IMPLEMENTED TO STILL MAKE IT NOT WORTHWHILE TO BE A MINER UNLESS YOU ARE 23/7 SCRIPTER.  But even the scripters don't script mine anymore.  So what is the point of making mining worthless to those of us that actually primarily played Miners/Lumberjacks.   Noooooooooo I have to be a tamer/mystic/archer Pirate to get any meaningful amounts of ore or lumber instead of using the skills meant for gathering those resources. Pretty sure I remember a Dev saying it would take all of about 5 minuted to turn ore and lumber static again. Worst that could happen is the market for ore and lumber could be flooded........... OH wait it is already flooded to the point many of the 3rd party sites give ignots away with orders. and sell them for chump change for 60k stacks. Nope gotta keep mining and LJ random and ever changing......... and LJ and Mining near worthless skills.
    I totally agree 
    at this point ore and lumber should be put back to static how it use to be. 
    You all made your profits by know. Let the honest players have a moment. 

I realize it’s cheap to buy 60k of each color of the resources we need. But really your cow has be abused enough already. 

;) 
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    some new rewards that are not shard bound

an item that allows you to remove the shard bound property