STOP the Events Drops Shard Bounding folly!

IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
edited November 2022 in General Discussions
After six Dynamic Events with the really bad choice to have the Event Drops Shard Bound, isn't at last time to stop that folly?

The results of that ill concieved "experiment" is visible to all: uncecked inflation on ATL (not the only cause of it, but one of the strongest), ABSURD inflation in Dead Shards an Dead Shard more dead than ever.

STOP THE BOUND!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• TheoTheo Posts: 167
    What I hate is that if I use the item in my toons suit then it gets broken when I shard transfer and I have 20+ shard shields. I like to move it move it. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    They will never stop shard bound...as Kyronix has stated over and over and over and OVER...

Keep stuff on your own shard, build your OWN shards community and trade. I get extras of the rewards so that when a new player comes to my shard I might have something they need and they don't have to go to Mall of Atlantic to get it at a ridiculously inflated price. 

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited November 2022
    Larisa said:
    They will never stop shard bound...as Kyronix has stated over and over and over and OVER...

Keep stuff on your own shard, build your OWN shards community and trade. I get extras of the rewards so that when a new player comes to my shard I might have something they need and they don't have to go to Mall of Atlantic to get it at a ridiculously inflated price. 

The Event Drops prices on ATL are inflated EXACTLY because they are Shard Bound, and this discourage mass farming by the "residents" of other Shards to sell on ATL.

Kudos for what you do in your Home Shard, but I think that you don't have a clear idea of what a TOTAL DESERT the Shards have become: even on ATL itself there are TENS of 18x18 for sale, and tens and tens of smaller spots freely available.

When I came back in 2018 my Home Shard, Europa, was FULL of Houses and of fully stocked vendors in Luna, now it is a post-atomic desolation where you cannot buy ANYTHING beside the most basic items (and those too only thanks to the goodwill of a couple of "good hearted" long standing players), and there are NONE AT ALL new players incoming.

@Kyronix MUST come back on this ill conceived decision, born only to cater to a bunch of crybabies, to satisfy the tantrums of which "Desertum fecerunt et pacem appellaverunt".

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

The Event Drops prices on ATL are inflated EXACTLY because they are Shard Bound, and this discourage mass farming by the "residents" of other Shards to sell on ATL.

Kudos for what you do in your Home Shard, but I think that you don't have a clear idea of what a TOTAL DESERT the Shards have become: even on ATL itself there are TENS of 18x18 for sale, and tens and tens of smaller spots freely available.

When I came back in 2018 my Home Shard, Europa, was FULL of Houses and of fully stocked vendors in Luna, now it is a post-atomic desolation where you cannot buy ANYTHING beside the most basic items (and those too only thanks to the goodwill of a couple of "good hearted" long standing players), and there are NONE AT ALL new players incoming.

@ Kyronix MUST come back on this ill conceived decision, born only to cater to a bunch of crybabies, to satisfy the tantrums of which "Desertum fecerunt et pacem appellaverunt".

To my understanding, and rightfully so, the point of Shard Bound limited items is to help their Shards of Origin, particularly if low population ones...

Should those items be transferrable to Atlantic, this is what would happen... they would be farmed on those population Shards and then be moved onto Atlantic thus making it then night to impossible for all of those players playing on those low population Shards, to find them available for sale there...

There is plenty players (and scripters, IMHO) on Atlantic farming for drops and, thus, for these Rewards items considering the much larger population of players there as compared to all other Shards.... there is really no further need to have "more" items be drained from all of the other Shards to be taken onto Atlantic, me thinks.

As I see it, the introduction of Shard Bound has been a blessing for the ecinomies of Low Population Shards. Items which previously where impossible to be found on many Shards other then Atlantic, now can be found on them, also thanking to Commission Vendors who only charge upon actually selling the item, and not on a daily basis.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    popps said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

@ Kyronix MUST come back on this ill conceived decision, born only to cater to a bunch of crybabies, to satisfy the tantrums of which "Desertum fecerunt et pacem appellaverunt".

To my understanding, and rightfully so, the point of Shard Bound limited items is to help their Shards of Origin, particularly if low population ones...

Should those items be transferrable to Atlantic, this is what would happen... they would be farmed on those population Shards and then be moved onto Atlantic thus making it then night to impossible for all of those players playing on those low population Shards, to find them available for sale there...

There is plenty players (and scripters, IMHO) on Atlantic farming for drops and, thus, for these Rewards items considering the much larger population of players there as compared to all other Shards.... there is really no further need to have "more" items be drained from all of the other Shards to be taken onto Atlantic, me thinks.

As I see it, the introduction of Shard Bound has been a blessing for the ecinomies of Low Population Shards. Items which previously where impossible to be found on many Shards other then Atlantic, now can be found on them, also thanking to Commission Vendors who only charge upon actually selling the item, and not on a daily basis.
    Well just because they don't get to Atlantic doesn't mean there are more on Origin....
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Shard bound is further ruining the game imo. 

It may have been meant to bring life back into lower pop shards but it's preventing nomads from using shields or spending real cash on xfers to shop and spread items across lower pop shards. 

To me, it's only forcing people to play higher pop shards. The housing prices on Atl reflect this. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Urge said:
    Shard bound is further ruining the game imo. 

It may have been meant to bring life back into lower pop shards but it's preventing nomads from using shields or spending real cash on xfers to shop and spread items across lower pop shards. 

To me, it's only forcing people to play higher pop shards. The housing prices on Atl reflect this. 
    I love shard bound for em event items for server birth rares even for PS but starting to wonder if for the TOT events it's really helping as it stands now the exact number of items end up on Origin what has changed is the off shard people are not there increasing and helping with the spawn so it's realistically harder for low pop shard people 
    popps said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

Popps write “To my understanding” plus a bunch of loose words that are, as usual, the exact opposite of reality.

Yes popps; to YOUR understanding.

’nuff said… :D
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    Shard bound always causes inflation.

I have already written many times about the supply and demand logic, yet neither shardbound supporters nor Kyronix can  provide one simple piece of evidence thst this SB had achieved anything signficant except making the rewards even rarer, expensive, eventually extinct when players all quit and the houses go idoc.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Seth said:

I have already written many times about the supply and demand logic, yet neither shardbound supporters nor Kyronix can  provide one simple piece of evidence thst this SB had achieved anything signficant except making the rewards even rarer, expensive, eventually extinct when players all quit and the houses go idoc.
     I don't notice as many bots running on low pop shards when I have bounced around compared to a shard like ATL where they are always out in droves. No point to script a low pop shard to charge the same thing you would on ATL when you can just do it on ATL and have it sell faster.
  • Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

Apparently you havent been on atlantic because the event drops are selling for a mil a point where as on LS they are 2 mil a point. Its supply and demand, more people on atlantic its cheaper because more people selling. I can get cuff and a halo on atlantic for around 70 mil, on LS your looking at almost 100 mil for both wheres the inflation.
  • With the exception of really good armor and rings, and houses, EVERYTHING IS CHEAPER ON ATLANTIC than any other shard including shard bound items try looking.

mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

Apparently you havent been on atlantic because the event drops are selling for a mil a point where as on LS they are 2 mil a point. Its supply and demand, more people on atlantic its cheaper because more people selling. I can get cuff and a halo on atlantic for around 70 mil, on LS your looking at almost 100 mil for both wheres the inflation.

What you seems to be unable to understand is:

1) before SB the Drops during an Event on ATL were at max 300.000 GPs (as are now still the Blackthorn ones that are NOT SB);
    2) on LS you can buy them ONLY at 2 mils, when if they weren't SB you could have bought them on ATL for (far less than) 1 Mil and move them to LS;
    2) In NO Shard beside ATL there are for sale ALL the kind Drops.

Try some other point, maybe you will be luckier with the next batch of baseless objection... :D ;)
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    Larisa said:

They will. I do not see Kyronix saying one way or the other anywhere on record. It's ruining lower population shards as much as it's ruining higher population shards. People just want to use their gear and if that means making account bound rewards an option they will. I moved off of Origin because of the lack of gear for sale, players and in general awful community (so much gatekeeping and I see it continues here). 

Curious, how do I build my own shard? Legos?
    Also, how are Atlantic prices inflated? I've seen epaulets for 100m on Atlantic, cheapest anywhere by far lol. Atlantic usually has the cheapest gear because of competition. I see why you wouldn't want these changes, so you can continue to gouge prices for personal profit nice.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Seth said:

The real explanation is simple: Shard Transfers are a cost at server managment level, so more the transfers, more the costs and, consequently, less the... "overhead". Ask yourself: why EM Items instead are NOT SB?

Do you need a drawing? :) ;)

mizchif said:
    With the exception of really good armor and rings, and houses, EVERYTHING IS CHEAPER ON ATLANTIC than any other shard including shard bound items try looking.

Again, the points are:

1) this doesn't matter if one can't move the items to his Home Shard;
    2) The price difference is secondary when one on 90% of the Shards simply CAN'T FIND ANY ITEM TO BUY!
  • Ivenor said:
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

1) before SB the Drops during an Event on ATL were at max 300.000 GPs (as are now still the Blackthorn ones that are NOT SB);
    2) on LS you can buy them ONLY at 2 mils, when if they weren't SB you could have bought them on ATL for (far less than) 1 Mil and move them to LS;

Try some other point, maybe you will be luckier with the next batch of baseless objection... :D ;)
    Try not being lazy and work the event on your server or move to a more populated one. If people came from other shards and were buying on atlantic it would drive the price up do you not get supply and demand.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Origin does not have an awful community. It has a few bad eggs as with every shard. Just because one or two people are idiots does not make an entire shard bad.

We've had more people come and open vendors, we welcome more vendors!  I have crates and crates of armor but I don't know how to price them, was considering just plopping them on vendors for 100k a piece. On top of the vendors I already have which are always fully stocked. 

I have a runebook on the steps of my Luna house to all of Origin's vendors, I am always asking people if they have a vendor or vendor house to please leave a rune in my mailbox so I can add it to the runebook.

No one is gatekeeping....geesh :/

I have everything I need (almost!) from Deceit so now I am farming to get some duplicates to have them in case new/returning players come to the shard. There are a lot of us like that.

And if you have ever looked at my vendors,  I do not gouge prices. People always tell me I am too cheap, I do not care about making gold, I care to help my community get the things they need at reasonable prices.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    “Shard bound would work for fel only things like power scrolls.

but I have to say after seeing all the botting going on without consequences.
    what’s the difference between botting on Atl and botting on a dead shard? 
    When the players are not allowed to stop the bots in trammel. 

I was pro shard bound but that was when I thought the ToT events would be in fel. If it’s tram only then the shard bound serves no purpose that I can think of.

I guess only that people can’t use the shard bound items to hop to dead shards to farm power scrolls, but that could be remedied by making power scrolls shard bound anyway”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    username said:
    I see why you wouldn't want these changes, so you can continue to gouge prices for personal profit nice.
    Really, I've found the answer here. The vocal minority are just profiteering off this so they'll never advocate for change. Greedy bastards, they're the reason UO is so hostile.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited November 2022
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

Try not being lazy and work the event on your server or move to a more populated one. If people came from other shards and were buying on atlantic it would drive the price up do you not get supply and demand.

Try not to tell me how I must or must not play the game for which I pay the same amount as you for the subs.

And, while we're at it, try to grasp at least the basics concepts of market economy before trying to explain to others how it should works, dear mr. "5 posts"... :D
    edited November 2022
    Yoshi said:

I was pro shard bound but that was when I thought the ToT events would be in fel. If it’s tram only then the shard bound serves no purpose that I can think of.

I guess only that people can’t use the shard bound items to hop to dead shards to farm power scrolls, but that could be remedied by making power scrolls shard bound anyway”

And so Yoshi too, that can have many defects but one of which surely is NOT the lack of intelligence, is on the Way to Conversion too!

Kudos! :) ;)

BTW: you forgot that many people collect the Event drops purely for the sake of collecting them, not for their power or combat usefulness...
  • Ivenor said:
    Yoshi said:

And so Yoshi too, that can have many defects but one of which surely is NOT the lack of intelligence, is on the Way to Conversion too!

Kudos! :) ;)

BTW: you forgot that many people collect the Event drops purely for the sake of collecting them, not for their power or combat usefulness...

Ivenor said:
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

Try not to tell me how I must or must not play the game for which I pay the same amount as you for the subs.

And, while we're at it, try to grasp at least the basics concepts of market economy before trying to explain to others how it should works, dear mr. "5 posts"... :D

Oddly enough I have drops on multiple shards for my needs but I play. Just left LS and Deceit is EMPTY. If you wanna BUY your arties instead of working for them then move to a real shard bottom line. Im sure you can get your gold there just as easy cus your obviously not making it where you are.

• MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE
    This is exactly what they want, to Kill every low population shard, so they can finally have an "excuse" to merge shards, since there is no one playing those "dead shards"
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    mizchif said:
    Ivenor said:
    Larisa said:

All these comments about asking others to stick to low pop or move just goes to show how disastrous SB is causing and will ultimately caused all shards to be even more low pop or maybe they don't need NLS any more because only Atlantic will be Prodo shard all other shards can be NLS LMAO.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2022
    MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE
    This is exactly what they want, to Kill every low population shard, so they can finally have an "excuse" to merge shards, since there is no one playing those "dead shards"
    Wouldn't be surprised. I've already moved off a dead shard(s) (Origin, played Sonoma, LS also) to full time Atlantic. Is nice actually seeing people and being able to buy stuff. I know lots of new players that are doing the same. Who would want to play on a shard where the few things you can find to buy (specifically shard bound items, but really anything) are either unavailable or gouged? OR when you try to sell stuff it just sits? Atl has bee fun, definitely not looking back. They should close those dead shards as they're really just bot farms in other non-ToT dungeons/Shadowguard/scrolls.

• RinerRiner Posts: 354
    It's interesting that so many from Atlantic aim to get the shard bound lifted so that more items can travel there. It would also cause other shards to suffer from the same botting problems seen on Atlantic. Why limit yourself to botting one shard when you can bot any shard and still take them wherever you see profit. I can't speak for a lot of shards, but Great Lakes has a healthy population that allows for trade in most items and still plenty of people to play with. I only wish that EM event items would be changed to shard bound as well. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Riner said:
    It's interesting that so many from Atlantic aim to get the shard bound lifted so that more items can travel there.

It would also cause other shards to suffer from the same botting problems seen on Atlantic. 

Atl will always be the main trading hub of the entire game. The point of lifting shard bound is not that items will end up there, but that they go wherever has what's needed, buy and travel back to whatever shard their heart desires. Shard bound is hurting the game. 

We don't have a normal gamer playerbase. We have players that have far more extensive experience coding than the devs. There's going to be botting no matter what. 
  • looploop Posts: 301
    edited November 2022
    Scrolled through the thread but having a hard time following the economic argument.

Costs are what they are on different shards due to the difference in the supply on account of the difference in participants. This doesn’t in itself indicate inflation.

Now, costs are in the millions because of the inflation, which has numerous sources.

You should ask yourself what you hope to gain from the game, particularly if you enjoy playing on a quiet shard. Do you really need what you think you want? What goals do you really want to achieve?
  • looploop Posts: 301
    edited November 2022
    Let me put it this way:

Shard bound is not causing inflation on any shard. What it is doing is creating a market on each shard that is better adjusted to the supply/demand on that shard alone. It just happens that costs are very high across all shards due to inflation, which is not something the team can solve with these events — to the extent it even needs solving.