Is there a general Thanksgiving event?

Mordin_RockbiterMordin_Rockbiter Posts: 64
edited November 2022 in General Discussions
People are running around looking for giant Turkeys.  Been busy in Deciet so have not been following.  Can someone bring me up to speed please.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    They appear year round. You have to kill a bunch of turkeys.  But they have no special drop.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    a friend got a Giant Turkey Feather
    (UO Guide says its for invisibility for 20 seconds)

maybe they want one for deco
    Sess probably told them to look for giant turkeys.
  • Do you still get lambasted and do they drop the maps to find hidden nests to get the rare rewards like the blade and cornucopias ?
    They are the same time consuming to kill but no maps.

You just kill turkeys over and over and one eventually appears. They can be found year round.

Once in a while a NOOB will yell in chat that they spawned one while getting feathers and now they are dead in some random area.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Do you still get lambasted and do they drop the maps to find hidden nests to get the rare rewards like the blade and cornucopias ?

Horn of Plenty and Harvester's Blade are available from the Huntmaster's Challenge
  • usernameusername Posts: 688
    edited November 2022
    Kragg said:
    People are running around looking for giant Turkeys.  Been busy in Deciet so have not been following.  Can someone bring me up to speed please.
    Gosh, turkeys gotta be 10+ years old at this point. Back in my day we got unique events that had unique mechanics and rewards. It actually made logging in exciting. Things that stick out to me was the Virtuebane cycle, Magincia rubble event, Conjurer's Garb event. Now we just get these lame Lenny cookie cutter events, each one the same as before.

Deceit is this years fall/winter holiday event, spaning from before Halloween till just before (1s) the New Years. ToTs for the last few years have been the 'holiday events'. At least in previous years we've gotten a quest or a champ spawn to go along with it, not even getting those anymore lol. Now we're getting a hyper extended, longer than ever before 90+ day ToT.

"Pay your subscription and be happy with the lack of content." -- the devs, probably.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.