Grizzled Mare

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
@Kyronix will the Grizzled Mare ever be raised to a 4 or 5 slot, or is stuck forever at a mere 3 ? Can you address why it would be so low, for such a rare mount ?

thank you
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    sigh

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    You're lucky...my Windrunner is a 3 slot but it's stuck at 2......no gump to train just sits there laughing at me by saying Slots 2 of 3.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    There are no plans to adjust pet slot training caps as part of the current publish, however I will bring up this request with the rest of the team for a future publish.  It would be helpful to aggregate all slot level cap increase requests in this thread so we have them in one spot.

Beyond a grizzled mare - what other creatures would you like to see have a higher training limit?
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    A 5 slot pink bunny would be epic. 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I second the bunny motion!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kyronix said:
    There are no plans to adjust pet slot training caps as part of the current publish, however I will bring up this request with the rest of the team for a future publish.  It would be helpful to aggregate all slot level cap increase requests in this thread so we have them in one spot.

Beyond a grizzled mare - what other creatures would you like to see have a higher training limit?

These Pets need to be one slot less.  If you look around you will find few being used because they can not get as good of a build as a Cu, Lesser Hiryu , Giant Beetle, Cold drake, and more.

It has been a year, we need more good options.  There is still no Viable necro pet.

Skree

Ossein Ram

Dread Spider 

Tsuki Wolf 

Phoenix 

3 slot horses

4 slot Rune Beetle

Bake Kitsune

Ki-rin and Unicorn

Shadow Wyrm  This would be popular!

Dragon Wolf

Dragon Turtles should be a good 4 slot

Any one slot pet going to 5 slot would be great.  BUT, I cant think of any that have a magic ability  except the Grizzled Mare.

So here is what would be nice:

Dire Wolves

Squirrels

Lasher

Wind Runner

Sakkra Bird statue pet.  Those have great colors and would not be OP.

and................

The little Tiger Cub !!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    purple rabbit up to 5 slots
    Thank you @Kyronix for considering it. 

edited June 2018
    I'd still like option to set a pet to "vanity" status. Turns it yellow (autostables if you die), and makes it only respond to follow, stop and stay commands (it won't attack). No mounts.

A "housepet" ability would also be nice. Same rules as above, but it wanders within your home. (a toggle to allow/disallow it to walk through doors and use intrahouse teleporters would be good as well)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    Actually I have an Ossein Ram, if you add necro to it as the first choice, it removes its current ability and gives you more points and choices so they are a good necro pet.

covenantx said something very important about pet slots: all pets need to spawn with a set slot, so you SHOULD be looking for the BEST pet, but instead we’re looking for a BAD pet but not too bad...

why is a dragon 4 slot but white wyrm 3 slot?
    why is a lesser hiryu, drakes and cu sidhe magical?
    why does a lesser hiryu train to be more powerful than a hiryu?

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

I'd still like option to set a pet to "vanity" status. Turns it yellow (autostables if you die), 
    Someone please shoot me in the face
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Pawain. You actually do get 4 slot dragon turtles, and 3 slot rune beetles, and make Skree and Phoenix a slot less? They’re already very very strong.

Mervyn said:
    Pawain. You actually do get 4 slot dragon turtles, and 3 slot rune beetles, and make Skree and Phoenix a slot less? They’re already very very strong.

I have bullt them and the stuck them on my vendor when done because they are no where near a Cu, Hiryu, or Drake.  We have many tamers on LS and we constantly build things. The mage is used for hours each day and they move to Navrey for skills.  The Ram and skree do not have room for a good build and 120 scrolls. (you dont use them but many do).  The Turtle should start as a good 4 slot pet because the ones at 5 vary way too much.  I posted a pic of the worst one ever at 5 slot.

If we instead changed to a system where each pet could reach caps then we would see other pets in actual use other than a vanity. (oh look I can kill a Greater Dragon with my Skree) We already know pets at caps are not OP.  There are plenty out there and they do no more damage or live longer than my un exploited pets. 
    Mervyn said:
    I'd still like option to set a pet to "vanity" status. Turns it yellow (autostables if you die), 
    This would be why people dismiss a lot of what you say.
    edited June 2018
    @Kyronix

I have some feedback from others:

Make the Black Widow spider tamable.  Most other spiders are.

Wolf Spiders go to 5 slot.

The purple rabbit going to 5 slots. Would be lots of fun for casual players that have them.

Also more have said they would love to use the Skree if it had more points.  The skree is a small profile pet that has potential.  It is the opposite of what we hated about the Greater Dragon at events.

And another vote for the Tiger Cub to train to 5 slots.

And another add on from me:

Make the Ostards train to 5 slots.

Do something to make pack damage pets viable.  They die too fast if they are not built specifically for a template and task.  

Either modify damage % on some lesser used pets or make some new trainables with new damage %. Too many pets have 100% Physical damage.

PS.  The ostards are not used at all.  Make each type have a different set of damage. Example: Forest Ostard 50% fire 50% Energy.  Another type: 25% phy 25% cold 50% energy. 
    Mervyn said:
    This would be why people dismiss a lot of what you say.

likewise

Hell Hounds stop at 4 slot.  Request to make them 5 slot.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Lets just make any pet able to go to 5 slot. No need for a pet not to be trainable to godzilla status. *dreams of making a killer rabbit of caerbannog*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I think changing and/or adding slots to pets is a great idea, and I actually think it would be great if all pets could go to 5 slots. Even pigs, cows and other critters. Would create a lot of diversity and fun.
    But apart from what has already been mentioned I think it would be great if imps had their slots changed. They are pretty unusable as they are now.
    And when we are on it, why not make wyverns and ant lions tamable? :p
    Imps are annoying in the wild.  A beefed up one has potential.

Toxic Slith to 5 slots would be nice.  Stone Slith goes to 5.
  •  Pawain said:
    Imps are annoying in the wild.  A beefed up one has potential.

Yeah, why not take the annoyance to another level? (or 5)  :D
    To be honest, any of this is pointless until they sort out pet power scrolls!!!
    I've got 17 pets trained up and now just waiting for scrolling up, not gonna happen on Europa.
    120 scrolls start at 50mill now....which is just stupid money now.

Why implement a system that only a few gazillionairs can use?
    Oh and don't say "well you can go hunt them scrolls in Fel" .....bs!!
    Even if I managed to get a scroll without being ganked.....i'd need to get the several I was looking for for numerous pets so maybe this time in 3 years I might be able to complete 1 pet????
  • I have to agree with @Slayvite on this. As it is now, only some people can get scrolls. The ones that has enough gold to buy them, or the ones that go and do spawns. If you can't do either, I guess it's just too bad..
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

yes please make bunnies 5 slots. I would so love to kill a fire rabbit with my purple bunny!!!

also make the giant toad a 5 slot. would love to see what a pink toad can do at that slot

If not mentioned,  Predator hellcat to 5 slots.

Would be neat to be able to tame a Centaur.  Start them at one slot if possible, make them go to 5 slot.  Keep their AI so they try to back off and shoot arrows. Need to have Battle Defense as an option.  Would be a good pet for Melee Tamer.

yes please make bunnies 5 slots. I would so love to kill a fire rabbit with my purple bunny!!!

also make the giant toad a 5 slot. would love to see what a pink toad can do at that slot

Related image

and the Albino Squirrel while you're at it :)
    If they would allow all pets/mounts/beasts to 5 slots, and then (sorry to my friends that farm these) were to add Pet Power Scrolls to the ingame store, the amount of money they would make would be astronomical, as long as they were priced affordably. 

If they wanted to sell more on the store, they would stop giving away shard transfers for free. They clearly have decided they don’t need to make any more profit. 

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2018
    Necro pets have a problem. Necromagery pets at least (like my Dread Spider) will cast Conduit, yet Conduit does not chain their single target necro spells. Second, many Necro capable pets do Physical or Cold melee damage, and when they cast Corpse Skin, it nerfs their own melee damage output, Shadow Wyrms and Ossian Rams being prime examples of this.
    Speaking of the Shadow Wyrm, they have great potential due to their above cap STR and Base Damage, but it's wasted due to them A) casting Corpse Skin, B ) not able to hit 150 Stam, C) can't get up to 120 Wrest, and D) can't get 30 MR.
    If pets that spawn at 5 slots were able to receive even just 500 Training Points, it'd go a long way towards making them viable.
    I'm so glad the Windrunner was rushed to the front of the Pet Slot Increase line..thanks for nothing.