Game Graphics

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited November 2022 in General Discussions
Ok first, this isn't an attempt to start another unwanted ECvCC thread. Anyway I downloaded one of those programs that YouTube gamers use that show graphics card and cpu info because I was curious what my old pc and card perform at, so I got it working after numerous YT videos. I started UO EC and was really surprised to see the On screen display pop up with the details. Now my monitor is limited by it's low refresh rate, but the OSD still showed roughly 26 FPS on the game, I didn't do much testing, in fact I never even left my house, but just for kicks I wanted to see what the classic client, which I rarely use would show. The on screen display never even came on !!!, I"m thinking because it doesn't even recognize classic as a game ? I may have even laughed out loud. I don't know enough about that type of software to see what it even looks for to know a game is being played, does anyone with more knowledge know ? I'm just curious anyway.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Wild guess but I think when CC was written separate graphics cards didn't exist.
    So does it even have the base graphic "call" to a seperate GPU in it's base code? 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    "i used to find that if I launched EC, and CC, the CC would run better as i think it was using the graphics card then instead of the CPU.

But there is an option in windows to choose the Graphics card to handle certain apps
    I have no idea if it works or how well"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2022
    I was just more interested in what the monitoring software did to distinguish between the 2 clients, but I think it's due to the Direct 3d or Direct x requirements that one requires that the other doesn't ??? 

Side note, just realized win10 has gaming mode with a screen capture utility built in. It's clunky as hell but good to know I can use it now .

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2022
    Weird that it created a new reply instead of letting me edit my other one. This shot is a graphics glitch I get in Classic which is when I stopped using it and went to EC. I have a decent graphics card even though it's only a 3gig.

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Tim said:
    Wild guess but I think when CC was written separate graphics cards didn't exist.
    So does it even have the base graphic "call" to a seperate GPU in it's base code? 
    Actually, it was built-in graphics that did not exist at that time. All PC GPUs were discrete. The reason CC in not recognized as a game is because it relies on a CPU to draw graphics. GPU has no effect on CC whatsoever.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited November 2022
    as others said, yeah Classic doesnt use a graphics card.  sad thing is, classic still runs better with no card than EC with a top of the line graphics card.  massive memory leaks in EC, even with the best card wont see much of an improvement to gameplay.