Are you ever going to deal with Archlich Multibox cheating?

2»

Comments

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @keven2002 yeah, the macro can be easily made in EC or Pinco's UI to /say "blah" delay 6000 - repeat and keep repeating all day - but still doesn't allow for unattended macro'ing regardless of if it was in say or chat or help for that matter. Still annoying and against the TOS so yeah would be banned. Also, I find it interesting that he received a 3-day suspension, returned, continued said actions and was surprised to be banned. Would think it would be more expected. 
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    Riner said:
    Also, I find it interesting that he received a 3-day suspension, returned, continued said actions and was surprised to be banned. Would think it would be more expected. 

Eye said:
    Jan, 2020
    Your Ultima Online account has been suspended from the Ultima Online service for 3 day(s)
    I send a few emails to appeal...

Next day...
    Your account ***** for Ultima Online has been prohibited from accessing all servers due to violations of our Code of Conduct.

Who said continued said actions?

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    It looks like you admit to unattended macroing on an EJ account (at least you were honest about it) which is widely known to be illegal; in fact it's one of the few things the Dev team has said directly said is illegal and it's also something very easy for a GM to test (if you are just using an EC macro without some complex script reaction).

So I guess I'm just confused on what the issue is? It's like saying you shouldn't have gotten a speeding ticket when you were speeding because someone else was also speeding (IMO).
    keven2002 said:
    It looks like you admit to unattended macroing on an EJ account (at least you were honest about it) which is widely known to be illegal; in fact it's one of the few things the Dev team has said directly said is illegal and it's also something very easy for a GM to test (if you are just using an EC macro without some complex script reaction).
    Well, rules or not for an EJ account, if the consensus is that an account should be perma banned for a "say" macro, then there's no hope for humanity left in my opinion.

keven2002 said:
    So I guess I'm just confused on what the issue is? It's like saying you shouldn't have gotten a speeding ticket when you were speeding because someone else was also speeding (IMO).
    No, I am saying you get a speeding ticket, and when you go fight it, they charge you with murder...

edited November 2022
    Honestly it seems like you left several things out of your story which keep coming out as more questions are asked; to me says all I need to know about the situation.

You were unattended macroing which is clearly against the rules. I'm not sure why you would try to fight that 3 day ban (you made it seem like they just randomly gave you a perma ban for no reason). Again - you were clearly breaking the rules so you were trying to do what? Lie and say you weren't? Should have let sleeping dogs lie there.

At the end of the day, if you are breaking the rules; you will be risking your account and if it's EJ it's even more so because it's a free account. 
    So, let's see
    If I break tos with a "say" macro
    I get banned for 3 days
    If I email about it (btw whether I tried to fight a 3 day ban or not, that's my prerogative)
    I get perma banned

So, it must be in the tos that if a person appeals a 3 day ban, change the temp ban to a perma ban....

Honestly, if that makes sense to you, I am happy for you...

edited November 2022
    Eye said:
    So, let's see
    If I break tos with a "say" macro
    I get banned for 3 days
    If I email about it (btw whether I tried to fight a 3 day ban or not, that's my prerogative)
    I get perma banned

So, it must be in the tos that if a person appeals a 3 day ban, change the temp ban to a perma ban....

Honestly, if that makes sense to you, I am happy for you...

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that you were appealing the ban when you even admitted to being guilty of it here. Have to take some responsibility / accountability there. Can't say why you were perma banned afterwards (if that was even the progression of things; you have been leaving out details that are not favorable for you) but maybe it has to do with wasting their time? You were obviously in the wrong and wasting their time so they increased the penalty?

To bring this back on topic... being accountable is the reason I do not use unapproved clients or multibox etc; because I do not want to risk my accounts and it never crossed my mind to appeal a ban when I was actually proven guilty of what I was banned for. 
    keven2002 said:
    The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that you were appealing the ban when you even admitted to being guilty of it here. Have to take some responsibility / accountability there. Can't say why you were perma banned afterwards (if that was even the progression of things; you have been leaving out details that are not favorable for you) but maybe it has to do with wasting their time? You were obviously in the wrong and wasting their time so they increased the penalty?

To bring this back on topic... being accountable is the reason I do not use unapproved clients or multibox etc; because I do not want to risk my accounts and it never crossed my mind to appeal a ban when I was actually proven guilty of what I was banned for. 

move on dude, it is okay if you don't understand everything...
    byee byee...
    edited November 2022
    Eye said:
    keven2002 said:

move on dude, it is okay if you don't understand everything...
    byee byee...
    Doesn't really matter to me; hopefully you understand your lesson on breaking the rules of the game. Otherwise, you should understand that the rest of your EJ accounts (and possibly the paid account you are posting with) will be banned. Also coming here for sympathy when you broke the rules probably isn't something smart to do either :) 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    edited November 2022
    I actually really enjoy the multi boxers running scripts.  They move in a predictable pattern and they are super useful for killing the paragons and such you don’t want to fight and they generate steady spawn. I run ahead of them with my sampires and attack all the simple stuff then leave the harder para and the rams for them. I get like 20+ drops an hour this way and let them fight the para poison eles. There is no value in that for me. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Theo said:
    I actually really enjoy the multi boxers running scripts.  They move in a predictable pattern and they are super useful for killing the paragons and such you don’t want to fight and they generate steady spawn. I run ahead of them with my sampires and attack all the simple stuff then leave the harder para and the rams for them. I get like 20+ drops an hour this way and let them fight the para poison eles. There is no value in that for me. 
    All the paragons except lich lords way easy
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    Grimbeard said:
    Theo said:
    That wasn’t the point. I didn’t say I couldn’t kill them I don’t want to kill them. In the time it takes his three sampires to kill a paragon ram I’ve killed 5-8 low level spawn. That’s 5-8 more chances at an artifact since it doesn’t seem
    like difficulty has anything to do with drop rate. This way I get more drops by not being slowed down by paras. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Theo said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Theo said:
    That wasn’t the point. I didn’t say I couldn’t kill them I don’t want to kill them. In the time it takes his three sampires to kill a paragon ram I’ve killed 5-8 low level spawn. That’s 5-8 more chances at an artifact since it doesn’t seem
    like difficulty has anything to do with drop rate. This way I get more drops by not being slowed down by paras. 
    This coupled with having turned into pay to win (well in true UO fashion only partly) is the crux if the problem (well ok just with TOT events shard bound another issue) last week in normal play (3-5 hours a day) i got 100 drops. Yesterday with 4 potion i got 100 ! So so broken and of course i ran about without a care for another (did you know the potion timer runs even when dead how F'ed up is that) because suddenly every second counts...