Ok I"m going to vent here...

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited November 2022 in General Discussions
So here it goes, FIX BEDLAM ALREADY @Kyronix

Or did you name it Bedlam because you know the coding is so shoddy that's what your experience is going to be is pure bedlam ? Why did you make it so mobs aggro on  you and stay aggro'd on you even after you die, recall home, change clothes, go have dinner, kiss your wife, feed your dog, say Hi to your son, watch a movie, and then 2 hrs later return to the dungeon only to find Sir **Ahole* still has you set as his last aggressor, yet I can't target something behind a wall, but HE can remember me for eternity ? 

This does not make for a fun experience. I don't expect to be able to stand still down there and farm it 24/7 and rack up on every armor set and Grizzle key, with little to no danger to myself, but holy crap can you at least log in once, go to the damn dungeon as a player, fight it for awhile and see how incredibly ridiculous it is and fix it for crying out loud ? The AOE of the mobs is larger than players/pets AOE is which is unfair right there. Some of us don't want to stand back so far that our heals can't target the pet because "that is too far away" Oh but it's not too far away for Sir Patricks effect to hit you. The rewards for this dungeon aren 't great enough to justify the risk  that you take on when you enter. You're forcing me to cancel my credit card and either go to a Free Shard where they apparently listen to the player base and fix stuff, or I can just fire up my emulator and play at home by myself. I'm sorry to go off on a rant about this but good grief. If I were a game developer and developed for this game, I would actually listen daily to players and investigate the things that need fixed and fix them !!! Or are you so busy that all you can do is reply "thanks for the feedback" and then do nothing ? I"m sorry but I"m a paying customer and I"ve never vented this much, but enough is enough already. Yeah I know, I can cancel my account and spend my measily 14.99/mo on something else and Broadsword/EA won't even know I"m gone, but you could also fix things that players have been saying for YEARS are broken, retain a majorit of your player base on a consistent level, and then enjoy the money you make because of customer retention, holy cow this isn't rocket science...or maybe it is..../end rant. 

Ok rant not over, I have so much more I want to say about this. Everything I used to enjoy and still try to enjoy is broken. Tracking on ships, which I still love in High Seas, but it's freaking broken and has been since the beginning...high level Tmaps which you advertised as being dread loot, still doesn't exist...heartwood boards which I reported 2 yrs ago as missing from loot, is still broken...yeah there's heartwood logs, but that's not the same thing !!!!  Salt peter is still over 400 gold per on each and every shard, because it's broken. Regs don't go up astonomically when they're purchased, scrolls don't, but other items do...arrows are typically wayyy over priced on every shard. and these are just little examples, others I"m sure can chime in with almost game breaking issues, that never get fixed !!

Good lord I"m so upset about this simple stuff I need to go tell my wife, and maybe she can set me straight and settle me down.......good night....
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    You are talking about the area you enter to get Grizzle Keys correct?
    Sir Patrick  <3 U.

Not  the Pestilence  Champ Spawn.  
    Can you imagine an event in that tiny place with those evil Mobs!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2022
    OMG don't even get me started on the champ area, no I"m simply talking about the dungeon itself, where the spawn downstairs begin to target you while YOURE STILL UP TOP AT THE HEALERS !!! lol..it's ridiculous...I honestly think the dungeon starts as soon as you enter Umbra, which is an easy fix if they would just investigate it and fix it. And I'm sorry but the excuse of "someone else developed that part of gameplay and is no longer here" is an insult and should be an embarrassing excuse to use.

I love this game like everyone else that has played it for over 20 years, and I feel that I"ve earned the right to vent this much and I should be heard !!!

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited November 2022
    OMG I just showed my son what I was talking about because he hears me in here ranting like a lunatic. So I showed him. I said watch this., I recalled back to Umbra from my house where I had been sitting for 10 minutes. I hit the statue and went into bedlam, and here comes Sir Patrick from the far corner of the dungeon and he's already got me targeted as his nemesis, that's just pure stupidity. I know for a fact that monsters down inside the dungeon can see you when you're standing up top, and this is the only dungeon that behaves this way, and there's something wrong in the coding that gives them too far of a reach. If I had video recording software I would record it and post it, but everyone knows what I"m talking about. Can I go find something else to do ? Sure, but is that really the fix ? Go do something else ?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    It's a Bards place 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "This is the first complaint i've read about Bedlam"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Maybe just kill it?
    Merus said:
    Maybe just kill it?
    Wow that's brilliant, why didn't I think of that. Be sure and use that excuse on the next gameplay issue you have a problem with.

Another issue that's been around for a while and hasn't been fixed. Ever notice when you're running both Provo bard masteries, if you pick one to turn off, the other one automatically turns off too ? Fix that too please. maybe I suddenly decide I don't want to run both, why do they both turn off ? 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    There is a bug report on the Bard buff issue when turning one off.

Maybe Sir Patrick is following you like a mob will do when you recall away and return.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited November 2022
    I don't run, he just kills me before I can heal up. I die in there a ghost, and he stays on my ass even after I've rezz'ed and returned..I just told someone in game, like others, in the 20+ years I've played this game I've spent over $20,000 playing this game. I hate using the word entitled, but damnit I'm entitled to have some things fixed in a game I've gone above and beyond supporting..the excuses of we can't fix that, are no longer valid imo...

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    It's a feature so you can jump right back into battle after you rez. 

lol, well it's a feature I can do without..

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited November 2022
    Merus said:
    Maybe just kill it?
    Wow that's brilliant, why didn't I think of that. Be sure and use that excuse on the next gameplay issue you have a problem with.
    We’ve likely all run into the issue of a mob getting stuck following a character before.  It happens now and then… yes it’s a little annoying to have a mob track on you at near paragon speed even after leaving or hiding… but I’m not sure it warrants the level of frustration it’s eliciting from you.  Nor do I think it’s so game breaking that it warrants immediate action from the dev team to fix it.

Sir Patrick (nor anything else in Bedlam) is not so over powered that it isn’t killable if it’s stuck on you.  Kill the bugger and move on about your blissful day.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    "so it stops attacking other people in there and goes back to you?
    or you're doing this solo on a dead shard with no other people in there?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "so it stops attacking other people in there and goes back to you?
    or you're doing this solo on a dead shard with no other people in there?"
    yes