Thoughts on Deceit Fel

After this weekend with the event being held in Fel on Great Lakes I was able to play with it a bit. First, as a disclaimer, I am not a pvp'er so this may be a bit biased. I was able to do the spawn area twice for over an hour each time mostly unmolested. During this time, I was able to accumulate more than twice the drops that I typically get during an hour in Tram. This fits with experience from past events where the drop rate at the spawn area was substantially higher than the Tram area. As the drops are insured even when fighting the only thing, I lost to dying was some time. I also spent 3 hours in the rest of the dungeon at various times as the spawn area was well guarded. During these times I did experience a slightly higher drop rate but closer to 10%. I am guessing this was due to the increased luck in Fel. 
      That being said my personal view is that the current system seems the best approach to events going further. Having the event in Fel full time would require removing the event drop from the spawn area otherwise it would greatly benefit those who play in that area. Rather this is even possible with the current programing of the game seems unlikely or it probably would have been done already. Having the event in Fel for a weekend or even two on various shards still allows pvp'ers to enjoy their preferred play style, without skewing the rewards as far for those who do. It also allows for more intra-shard battles as players who want to pvp have to travel to other shards to fight. Also, having a rotating system gives players on each shard the opportunity to take part in pvp if they chose to.  In the end I think this is probably the best compromise to allow for pvp without flooding the game with the rewards. 

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited October 2022
    Were you there long enough for PvP to happen in Fel? I don't have a character on GL so I have no clue about the population or PvP but my assumption is that it's probably spotty?

This is where shard disparity comes into play and why I think a few shards should have Fel active but not all. From the sounds of it, your experience in Fel GL was MUCH different than the experience in Fel on ATL. Granted I was away most of the weekend it was on ATL but there wasn't a single spawn in Fel where there wasn't blues/greys/reds fighting. 

EDIT** - Unlike some of the sour grapes people on dead shards; my official stance is that I really don't care if all shards have it active in Fel if that means the few shards that need it get it but I can see why all shards would not get Fel if there isn't going to be anyone using it.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited October 2022
    @keven2002 from what I could tell there was a bit of pvp mostly between two of the pvp guilds and of course one or two guilds which visit from ATL. As for blues\greys mostly stayed out of it during the weekend. My time unmolested in Fel it was due to the time of day, not sure if even ATL would support 3 am fights if it was for the whole event time. And if it wasn't stated clearly enough, I will say that I have no issue with Fel being open for the event and actually just the opposite I feel it should be on all shards. What I don't think is that the champ spawn should have event drops the sheer amount of spawn makes it disproportionately high in drops.
  • Great Lakes has its own PvP population and it's one of the higher population shards. The PvP in Deceit over the weekend was fairly nonstop, if the typical PvP Gen Chat ... um ... "banter" was any indication. "Spotty" is definitely not a word usually associated with GL.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @Riner excellent conclusion. Let all shards have fel. The spawn mobs should not be tagged of the.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I was on GL most of this past weekend and I enjoyed the pvp we did get.  Literally anyone can go down and attempt the spawn regardless of other players/pvpers are there.  Just get a group together and go to it.  During the pvp downtime, I managed to get enough drops to get a robe on GL, plus an additional 30 or drops.  But this should be all the time on all shards still.  The only pvp in game right now is on weekends which have the event in fel, which is completely ridiculous.  Much more fun to fight over a dungeon then it is to run around yew gate for no reason.  When fire event was in fel on LS there was plenty of non pvpers doing the spawn all day, occasionally my guild would go down and kill them, but they made out much better with the occasional death in fel, then they would have in trammel.   More fel events all the time pls!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    the real trouble with deceit on both facets is painfully obvious

1. not enough fishing spots
    2. the fish are not stocked 
    3.no zombie fish come on 

i recommend
    1. fixing line of sight issues at all water spots  
    2. increase amount of fish stocked 
    3. stock zombie fish 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Should make a random non drop Paragon Charybdis spawn while fishing, that would add some death and fun.  Sounds like something @Kyronix would enjoy!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I was on GL most of this past weekend and I enjoyed the pvp we did get.  Literally anyone can go down and attempt the spawn regardless of other players/pvpers are there.  Just get a group together and go to it.  During the pvp downtime, I managed to get enough drops to get a robe on GL, plus an additional 30 or drops.  But this should be all the time on all shards still.  The only pvp in game right now is on weekends which have the event in fel, which is completely ridiculous.  Much more fun to fight over a dungeon then it is to run around yew gate for no reason.  When fire event was in fel on LS there was plenty of non pvpers doing the spawn all day, occasionally my guild would go down and kill them, but they made out much better with the occasional death in fel, then they would have in trammel.   More fel events all the time pls!
    I do agree with you that it would benefit the PVP community if this was a full time feature during this event. While I don’t PVP myself I do think anything which attracts players to the game benefit’s everyone. I don’t agree that the spawn should drop artifacts. You help make that point in your post with the sheer number of drops you claim from “down time”. Some non-pvpers may get access to the spawn on some servers but overall that would be controlled by those who have the experience, equipment, and even tools to dominate the spawn. Since the spawn increases dramatically the drops one can receive controlling it gives a substantial advantage to any group. This also will skew the economy on a server. If the purpose of having the event in Fel is to give an opportunity for pvpers to take part in pvp and the event that would be accomplished without the added drops from the spawn. 
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    We just had our event on LS and it's really sad that this spawn isn't active for the entirety of the event.  We don't have a large PVP community, and not supporting the events like this just makes it harder to create one.  My group "tried" but we lack experience and we were battling a much more experienced group.  If the event were live everywhere that group would shard hop and we'd have a chance to battle other guilds on our level.  But keeping it to one server at a time just encourages shard hopping which makes it harder for the locals on smaller shards to PVP.  Open it up for the event next time please.
  • Foos said:
    We just had our event on LS and it's really sad that this spawn isn't active for the entirety of the event.  We don't have a large PVP community, and not supporting the events like this just makes it harder to create one.  My group "tried" but we lack experience and we were battling a much more experienced group.  If the event were live everywhere that group would shard hop and we'd have a chance to battle other guilds on our level.  But keeping it to one server at a time just encourages shard hopping which makes it harder for the locals on smaller shards to PVP.  Open it up for the event next time please.

There were certainly enough people on LS to deal with said group, but nobody was interested outside of a few people (I was one of them); I ran the champ spawn several times during early morning hours (after 1 AM) and got roughly 90 drops (with glorious fortune potions) using my Sampire.

My thoughts after doing it on Fel on LS:

Spawn throughout the dungeon's other floors was no different from that of Tram, making the champ spawn the only part of it worth doing.

Drop rate (both with and without glorious fortune pot) is terrible.  I don't expect spawn to be as heavy as Destard originally was, but the mobs in Deceit are MUCH easier to deal with compared to Destard.  There's no reason why it can't be bumped up a little (and adjusted as needed)

Wherever the next dungeon event is, it needs to be in Fel ON ALL SHARDS from the beginning, and it needs to be there until the event ends.