Classic Client Journal

@Kyronix
Is there any way to turn the brightness down on the old Journal parchment in the Classic client?
Some of the text colours people use are almost impossible to see on the Journal.

Perhaps give it the same skin as that new 'global chat' parchment as that's abit darker?.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This is something @Bleak has been working on, as it's killer for us at Meet & Greets.  No ETA as of yet though.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Thanks. :)
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    The journal is desperately n need of a face lift and UI lift.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • A fix to this could also be outlining the text like it was in the old Third Dawn client.
    If the parchment gets darker, won't darker text just be unreadable?

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    The EC journal is fully adjustable you know.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• The EC journal is fully adjustable you know.
     How does that benefit the classic client's journal?
    by eliminating the problem altogether.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Kyronix said:
    This is something @ Bleak has been working on, as it's killer for us at Meet & Greets.  No ETA as of yet though.
    Cool, maybe you finally start posting them to UO.com then?
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • by eliminating the problem altogether.

So what you're suggesting is that people should stop using the classic client?
    edited June 2018
    no, i'm offering an alternate solution.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    When I can look at EC without getting a headache in 30 seconds and my eyes hurting I will use it.

Also they would have to change the hideuos Hiryu.  I have >20 of them and one toon concentrates on those.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • no, i'm offering an alternate solution.

I'm pretty sure the original poster knows that there is an alternate client.
    The question was about the classic client's journal, not whether or not you should use the enhanced client.

The question was about the classic client's journal, not whether or not you should use the enhanced client.

i'm pretty sure i can offer suggestions if i want, and that the OP will let me know if he has a problem with my suggestion.

i'm pretty sure i can offer suggestions if i want, and that the OP will let me know if he has a problem with my suggestion.

Nobody says that you can't. But it's not solving the original issue. Some text is still unreadable in the classic client.

Nobody says that you can't. But it's not solving the original issue. Some text is still unreadable in the classic client.
    I disagree, it does solve the original issue by eliminating it altogether 

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited June 2018
    Avoiding the issue isn't solving it or eliminating it. The issue still exists in the classic client even if you're using the enhanced client. And not everyone is going to stop using classic, so that makes your proposed "alternate solution" rather redundant.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    maybe they could make all the text appear the same color on the journal

If they want to keep their subscribers, discontinuing the classic client is not the way to go.
    And this passive aggressive trolling won't solve this issue either.
    Faeryl said:
    Avoiding the issue isn't solving it or eliminating it. The issue still exists in the classic client even if you're using the enhanced client. And not everyone is going to stop using classic, so that makes your proposed "alternate solution" rather redundant.
    It’s not avoiding it, it is an alternative that fixes the issue. 

If they want to keep their subscribers, discontinuing the classic client is not the way to go.
    And this passive aggressive trolling won't solve this issue either.
    I highly doubt that. We are addicted to this game like it was crack. And I’m not the one trolling. I am offering a solution and you disagree, which is fine, but it is still a solution. 

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Again, it doesn't fix the issue. The issue is still present, you're merely avoiding it by using the other client. For those who prefer CC, EC's journal being functional doesn't change the fact that not all colours are currently readable on the CC journal.

You're basically saying "just use EC instead of having the devs fix CC". No. We want CC useable as well. EC's journal, whether good or not, has nothing to do with getting this issue fixed.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Drop the client wars.
    Mariah said:
    Drop the client wars.
    Aww, and it was just getting fun.  But I will comply with your request mi’lady

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Faeryl said:
    I personally think it's quite awkward that even the developers admit it's a PITA for them but they at the same time refuse to use their own other product that is working just fine *smh*

IMO for the better of the game they should be obliged to spent equal times on both clients when they are not specifically on some issue affecting only one client.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)