Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Even cemetery has more spawns, would be nice if we can get drops here too.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Merlin said:
    Well looks like some of our comments have been heard... spawn was kicked up majorly tonight on Atlantic... lots more mobs, to the point of needing to fight in a group in some areas in order to get past them.  More paragons, including Lich Lords this time around.  It was much more fun and engaging. 

Popped a potion, used my plate sampire with 750 luck, ended up with 53 drops.   So in addition to kicking up the amount of spawn and difficulty of spawn, looks like drops are increasing too.  They were falling like candy for me tonight.   Granted, I was hustling pretty hard and constantly on the move to more mobs, tonight was the first night where I felt challenged to a sufficient point (but not overwhelmed) and had it feel rewarding to get a good drop count.   

Also, noticed that the spawn was strong enough to overwhelm anyone who thought they were going to run some AFK archer macro in some of the obvious spots... well not anymore with the jacked up spawn!

Good adjustment by the devs.  Tonight was my favorite night of the event thus far. 
    Good to hear that the spawn has increased. I haven't been able to make it into the game yet to check but will welcome more of a challenge from more monsters. 

Few other questions for you @Merlin
    1. Did you die at all? If so how many times?
    2. Were you running from the entrance down to the crypts for all this spawn or were you pretty much just working 1 floor?
    3. Was that 750 luck from a statue touch or is that already on your suit?
    Thanks!
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    keven2002 said:
    Merlin said:
    Well looks like some of our comments have been heard... spawn was kicked up majorly tonight on Atlantic... lots more mobs, to the point of needing to fight in a group in some areas in order to get past them.  More paragons, including Lich Lords this time around.  It was much more fun and engaging. 

Popped a potion, used my plate sampire with 750 luck, ended up with 53 drops.   So in addition to kicking up the amount of spawn and difficulty of spawn, looks like drops are increasing too.  They were falling like candy for me tonight.   Granted, I was hustling pretty hard and constantly on the move to more mobs, tonight was the first night where I felt challenged to a sufficient point (but not overwhelmed) and had it feel rewarding to get a good drop count.   

Also, noticed that the spawn was strong enough to overwhelm anyone who thought they were going to run some AFK archer macro in some of the obvious spots... well not anymore with the jacked up spawn!

Good adjustment by the devs.  Tonight was my favorite night of the event thus far. 
    Good to hear that the spawn has increased. I haven't been able to make it into the game yet to check but will welcome more of a challenge from more monsters. 

Few other questions for you @ Merlin - 
    1. Did you die at all? If so how many times?
    2. Were you running from the entrance down to the crypts for all this spawn or were you pretty much just working 1 floor?
    3. Was that 750 luck from a statue touch or is that already on your suit?
    Thanks!
    1.  Died once - had so many drops in my pack I was overweight, didn't realize it, was in the ram room and just couldn't get away in time.  Paragon poison elementals got me.  Luckily, had all my drops insured so only lost some petals and pies. 

2.  I do not camp any spot.  I typically stay on the move continuously.  I will pause in a few high spawn areas such as the ram room and the prison cells to properly clear them out, but I move on once again when I do.  

3.  Luck was mostly from statue.  When it comes to Sampires, I don't favor having a "luck suit" as I feel it takes up too much mod intensity and simply can't beat what you can get from modern legendary pieces.  I try to make up for this by only farming when I can use the luck statue and fortune potions together.   I have more than one sampire, so I switch from night to night which one I use. 
    Battle report for tonight...

Took my bone samp down tonight... 700 luck after statue... popped a fortune potion... ended up with 46 drops. 

Started around 11:30pm EST, played for an hour.  Not as many people tonight as previous nights.   Dungeon difficulty definitely ramped up still similar to my comment from previous night.  There were definitely some trains of paragon Poison elementals and rams in the rooms where people were having difficulty.  Wasn't a hard time to find spawn though.  Kept on the move constantly and always found plenty to fight.  With the paragon elementals in greater numbers, had to switch between undead and elemental cameos a good bit more than previous nights to make sure I was getting most out of my damage.   

No deaths tonight, which is surprising because this particular sampire build is a bit more squishy than the plate samp I was running other nights.  Overall good result with 46 drops though.  This is about what I would hope for if I'm going to spend Sovs for a potion and hustle the entire hour.  

... a bit disappointed to hear the news about limited number of Fel days for Atlantic.  I expressed my displeasure in another thread but going to mention it here as well... 
    Merlin said:
    Took my bone samp down tonight... 700 luck after statue... popped a fortune potion... ended up with 46 drops. 

Overall good result with 46 drops though.  This is about what I would hope for if I'm going to spend Sovs for a potion and hustle the entire hour.  
    Thanks for the updates @Merlin. The only thing that I would point out that you were also at 700 luck with statue. Have you tried just using the luck potion (near 0 luck)? I'm wondering how much that 700 luck comes into play because when I'm running around with no luck (or potion) on my sampire I was only getting 12-15 drops per hour. That was before the spawn increase that happened yesterday. 
  • LancelotLancelot Posts: 1
    edited October 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Merlin said:

Overall good result with 46 drops though.  This is about what I would hope for if I'm going to spend Sovs for a potion and hustle the entire hour.  
    Thanks for the updates @ Merlin. The only thing that I would point out that you were also at 700 luck with statue. Have you tried just using the luck potion (near 0 luck)? I'm wondering how much that 700 luck comes into play because when I'm running around with no luck (or potion) on my sampire I was only getting 12-15 drops per hour. That was before the spawn increase that happened yesterday. 
    Maybe this will help. I use a life leeching paladin, similar to a Sampire, with all stats pretty optimal and 0 luck. When I do the dungeon, I pretty much hit something non-stop, one shotting most monsters, except rams, spectral armor and poison elementals. Without a potion, I get 11-15 drops per hour. With a potion, I get 25-30 consistantly. It used to be the lower number. With the spawn boost recently, I get 15 and 30 drops per hour almost always respectively (if I don't die).

Seems like luck does really help. Time to get that luck statue.
    Also seems like the potion pretty much doubles my drops.

P.S. I play on ATL. Golden armored. Say hi if we meet!
    keven2002 said:
    Merlin said:

Thanks for the updates @ Merlin. The only thing that I would point out that you were also at 700 luck with statue. Have you tried just using the luck potion (near 0 luck)? I'm wondering how much that 700 luck comes into play because when I'm running around with no luck (or potion) on my sampire I was only getting 12-15 drops per hour. That was before the spawn increase that happened yesterday. 
    I have also been in the ~15 drops an hour range when not using fortune potion or luck statue.  Will occasionally still have less than ~300 luck on me depending on the suit (and character).  Took my archer and thrower down there and those were the results I was getting (as well as dying more).  Perhaps would have done slightly better in drop count if I wasn't dying on those other template, but about everywhere I am seeing is reporting ~15/hour with no potion. 

Lancelot said:

P.S. I play on ATL. Golden armored. Say hi if we meet!

The characters I have been bringing down there are Uther Pendragon, Arthur, Galahad, Lancelot and Gawain... although mostly Uther and Arthur.    Usually around late nights during the week and daytime on the weekend.   Happy to hunt together or team up if you ever see me down there.  
    This evening's battle report... 

Played Atlantic Fel Deceit tonight with my SW/Healing Necro Warrior (it's an odd 'sampire' variant)...   popped potions, used luck statue...  played for about two hours tonight from 11:30pm until about 1:30am.  

Only a moderate amount of people down there.  So lots of opportunity for hunting.   There were a few raids, but usually only one or two individuals.  I'm guessing most people didn't expect this to be up just yet so was quieter than expected.  One of the Discord's I am in said it was more active from about 4pm to 10pm, so I may have missed the high time by the time I got online. 

While focus most of the night was on popping the champ spawn, there were plenty of mobs to fight on first and second floor to make it worth while just to be there for the Fel luck bonus.  For the most part, spawn was popped during the duration of my two hours there.   And man let me tell ya... the drops were falling like candy when the getting was good.   Especially levels 1 and 2 of the spawn where it's relatively easy mobs... that was the bread and butter time.

I forgot how difficult this dungeon can be to navigate from getting stam blocked... especially by paragons and rams.  Most of my deaths occurred not because of PVP fighting or getting overwhelmed by spawn, but because I got trapped by rams, disarmed and/or stuck in a corner without being able to get away.   Especially that skinny bridge on 2nd (?) level.   This made it difficult not just with navigating while fighting the spawn, but to run all the way out and then have to come back to your corpse...  during my first potion session I made a mistake of dying in a tough spot and died two more times trying to get my body back (didn't have my Undertaker Staff on me).  More than anything else, this was the challenge of the dungeon in Fel.   I regret complaining about level of difficulty in my previous posts - because it's surely tougher now!

My first potion run, I ended up with only 28 drops.  This was due to getting raided twice, playing the game of dying while attempting to retrieve my body, and losing a large number of drops on a corpse I was not able to recover.   Dems the breaks.   Second potion run... ended up with 54 drops.  There were no raids this time, and I did better job at insuring drops as soon as I got them using a simple EC macro.  I did still have the stam-block doom issue a few times, so probably could have done better if it weren't for playing the corpse retrieval game. 

Part of my issue here was that I took a character down with a unique template that I hadn't played in a bit, so my next go-round will be using one of my more tried and true sampires.  

Another issue was no healer out front.  I hope this might be resolved tomorrow since that is when the Fel side was supposed to go live.  This forced me to have two other accounts sitting out front stealthed in the event I needed to run out for a rez.  

Definitely a doozy tonight, but lots of fun if you like this type of Fel content.  Died a bunch and underperformed my drop expectations, but was an enjoyable challenge none the less. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Merlin said:
    This evening's battle report... 

Played Atlantic Fel Deceit tonight with my SW/Healing Necro Warrior (it's an odd 'sampire' variant)...   popped potions, used luck statue...  played for about two hours tonight from 11:30pm until about 1:30am.  

Only a moderate amount of people down there.  So lots of opportunity for hunting.   There were a few raids, but usually only one or two individuals.  I'm guessing most people didn't expect this to be up just yet so was quieter than expected.  One of the Discord's I am in said it was more active from about 4pm to 10pm, so I may have missed the high time by the time I got online. 

While focus most of the night was on popping the champ spawn, there were plenty of mobs to fight on first and second floor to make it worth while just to be there for the Fel luck bonus.  For the most part, spawn was popped during the duration of my two hours there.   And man let me tell ya... the drops were falling like candy when the getting was good.   Especially levels 1 and 2 of the spawn where it's relatively easy mobs... that was the bread and butter time.

I forgot how difficult this dungeon can be to navigate from getting stam blocked... especially by paragons and rams.  Most of my deaths occurred not because of PVP fighting or getting overwhelmed by spawn, but because I got trapped by rams, disarmed and/or stuck in a corner without being able to get away.   Especially that skinny bridge on 2nd (?) level.   This made it difficult not just with navigating while fighting the spawn, but to run all the way out and then have to come back to your corpse...  during my first potion session I made a mistake of dying in a tough spot and died two more times trying to get my body back (didn't have my Undertaker Staff on me).  More than anything else, this was the challenge of the dungeon in Fel.   I regret complaining about level of difficulty in my previous posts - because it's surely tougher now!

My first potion run, I ended up with only 28 drops.  This was due to getting raided twice, playing the game of dying while attempting to retrieve my body, and losing a large number of drops on a corpse I was not able to recover.   Dems the breaks.   Second potion run... ended up with 54 drops.  There were no raids this time, and I did better job at insuring drops as soon as I got them using a simple EC macro.  I did still have the stam-block doom issue a few times, so probably could have done better if it weren't for playing the corpse retrieval game. 

Part of my issue here was that I took a character down with a unique template that I hadn't played in a bit, so my next go-round will be using one of my more tried and true sampires.  

Another issue was no healer out front.  I hope this might be resolved tomorrow since that is when the Fel side was supposed to go live.  This forced me to have two other accounts sitting out front stealthed in the event I needed to run out for a rez.  

Definitely a doozy tonight, but lots of fun if you like this type of Fel content.  Died a bunch and underperformed my drop expectations, but was an enjoyable challenge none the less. 
    If drops were cursed would you still play there instead of tram side? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2022
    Ok I also get close to 35 drops with potion.

Its expensive to spend 200 Sov to get only 20 more drops per hour with luck statue. That is not alot.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    McDougle said:
    If drops were cursed would you still play there instead of tram side? 

Absolutely, I don't insure my drops anyway.  (in fire / hythloth Tots) farming in trammel it doesn't matter if you insure your drops or not, even if a mob loots it from you, its easy to get back..

I don't know if that would stop many people from farming the fel side (it would deter bots alot more than players, but bots weren't doing these events in fel anyway), pvp is what prevents most people from going to fel in the first place.

I fully support making the drops cursed, even if it's only the fel drops. as I did the first time it was suggested (I believe by @Yoshi)

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Today's battle report... 

With the Fel event officially opening on Atlantic, I got in some time both during the day and then in the evening to play... generally good action all around.   

During the afternoon, there was a good balance of people fighting in different levels of the dungeon, others running the spawn, reds raiding helpless blues and different PVP guilds fighting... not necessarily huge 10v10+ type of battles, but more like 5v5 with non-aligned spawners jumping in and out.   Pretty much exactly the action I had hoped for.  Group I was with had its ebbs and flows of being able to hold and defend the spawn for a bit, but would get overwhelmed by PVP raiders by the next round, forcing us to fight for it back again. 

In the later part of the evening, the dungeon went through different phases in terms of who was there.  From 8pm until 11pm, it was pretty packed with multiple guilds/alliances battling for control of the spawn.  There were a handful of one-offs trying to engage in either PVP or PVM, but if you weren't aligned in one of the larger groups, you probably had a rough go of it.   I took a break for a bit and came back around 12:30am and the population had tapered down a bit, but there was still good fighting.  Better opportunity for the lone wolfs and smaller groups to get in there, keep there head down, and just fight the spawn while the people who wanted to PVP generally were too engaged to raid the blues all that much. 

These changing dynamics from hour to hour are what make the Fel portion of this event interesting...  it's not static killing of the same mobs in the same pattern again and again... there's no bots down in Fel farming with their AFK followers in tow...   this is core UO, IMHO. 

I generally was one of the sampires down there instead of running a PVP template, but did break out my Bok Mage after doing a couple fortune potion sessions.   Part of the difficulty (or advantage) of this dungeon is that you can wall off various corridors for fighting and force people trying to take or defend the spawn into a surrounded position.   
     Forced me to remember my way through the sparkle portals in order to escape the chaos and save my scrolls!    This includes being walled off not just by PVP fighting and E-fields, but being stam blocked by those pesky rams. 

The drop rate was pretty awesome.  It goes without saying that it's of crucial importance to have some type of insure button macro'ed and to keep your pack open so you can get them as soon as they drop.   While I lost track of the exact figure because I had to run off and squirrel away my scrolls and drops every couple of rounds on the spawn, it's safe to say I easily got 150+ drops over the course of playing on and off for several hours through out the day and keeping potions constantly running.    This includes a fair amount of "downtime" for running through the dungeon while dead looking for a rez, or trying to collect my body.    

Overall, good first night on the Fel side.  I hope the developers are seeing some of this feed back and continue to give consideration to keeping open on Atlantic a bit longer. 

Merlin said:
    Today's battle report... 

With the Fel event officially opening on Atlantic, I got in some time both during the day and then in the evening to play... generally good action all around.   

During the afternoon, there was a good balance of people fighting in different levels of the dungeon, others running the spawn, reds raiding helpless blues and different PVP guilds fighting... not necessarily huge 10v10+ type of battles, but more like 5v5 with non-aligned spawners jumping in and out.   Pretty much exactly the action I had hoped for.  Group I was with had its ebbs and flows of being able to hold and defend the spawn for a bit, but would get overwhelmed by PVP raiders by the next round, forcing us to fight for it back again. 

In the later part of the evening, the dungeon went through different phases in terms of who was there.  From 8pm until 11pm, it was pretty packed with multiple guilds/alliances battling for control of the spawn.  There were a handful of one-offs trying to engage in either PVP or PVM, but if you weren't aligned in one of the larger groups, you probably had a rough go of it.   I took a break for a bit and came back around 12:30am and the population had tapered down a bit, but there was still good fighting.  Better opportunity for the lone wolfs and smaller groups to get in there, keep there head down, and just fight the spawn while the people who wanted to PVP generally were too engaged to raid the blues all that much. 

These changing dynamics from hour to hour are what make the Fel portion of this event interesting...  it's not static killing of the same mobs in the same pattern again and again... there's no bots down in Fel farming with their AFK followers in tow...   this is core UO, IMHO. 

I generally was one of the sampires down there instead of running a PVP template, but did break out my Bok Mage after doing a couple fortune potion sessions.   Part of the difficulty (or advantage) of this dungeon is that you can wall off various corridors for fighting and force people trying to take or defend the spawn into a surrounded position.   
     Forced me to remember my way through the sparkle portals in order to escape the chaos and save my scrolls!    This includes being walled off not just by PVP fighting and E-fields, but being stam blocked by those pesky rams. 

The drop rate was pretty awesome.  It goes without saying that it's of crucial importance to have some type of insure button macro'ed and to keep your pack open so you can get them as soon as they drop.   While I lost track of the exact figure because I had to run off and squirrel away my scrolls and drops every couple of rounds on the spawn, it's safe to say I easily got 150+ drops over the course of playing on and off for several hours through out the day and keeping potions constantly running.    This includes a fair amount of "downtime" for running through the dungeon while dead looking for a rez, or trying to collect my body.    

Overall, good first night on the Fel side.  I hope the developers are seeing some of this feed back and continue to give consideration to keeping open on Atlantic a bit longer. 

If the drops were cursed would you still play fel and not the tram side?
    I also was able to play in Fel for a good bit Thursday and a little last night (unfortunately was away Friday AM until Sunday afternoon) and had a blast. I agree with Merlin that this is what UO is for me and the the main reason I keep playing. There was enough of a mix of killing monsters & PvP to keep things interesting and engaging. 

Thursday was the most fun I've had in game for several months. It was a lot of back and forth PvP with only a couple of reds/greys trying to control the spawn so I was able to kill the spawn on the outskirts of the alter but then was able to PvP without feeling like I had no chance when a person or 2 started attacking me (I died a few times and only killed someone once with the help of the spawn). At one point I thought I'd outsmart people and just hang around level 1 and 2 killing stuff but a few more reds/greys showed up that started walling choke points and I couldn't really do much there so I jumped over to Tram side which seemed less crowded at that point.

When in Tram, I felt like it was on easy mode after fighting in Fel where there was much more mobs that seemed to accumulate and you can't push through them (or recall out of Fel). I was in Tram for about an hour or so which netted a pretty decent amount of drops but that became very mundane and boring so after a little over an hour I went back to Fel to see what was going on. 

Last night I was only on for a little over an hour after I got home and Fel was packed with a bunch of different people fighting the spawn and no real threat of reds (but people were flagging grey and trying to flag you from AoE). The overall drop rate from each spawn was maybe 3-6 drops per and it was going pretty fast; maybe 10min each (plus the 5min cool down = 4 spawns an hour). I ended up with 22 in a little over an hour of play (ended up doing 5 spawns) with no statue rub/luck potion. There were so many people attacking the champ that the best I got from that was 1 scroll & 1 mastery one round; the rest of the time I either got 1 scroll OR 1 mastery and one time I got nothing except the skull. 

Overall I had a great time with Fel open on ATL and I would urge @Kyronix to please reopen Fel on ATL again. It just doesn't make sense not to for the most populated shard in the game. It allows people in Tram more room to roam and to get drops while also allowing people that want to play in Fel (higher risk/reward) to also have fun.
    keven2002 said:
    I also was able to play in Fel for a good bit Thursday and a little last night (unfortunately was away Friday AM until Sunday afternoon) and had a blast. I agree with Merlin that this is what UO is for me and the the main reason I keep playing. There was enough of a mix of killing monsters & PvP to keep things interesting and engaging. 

Thursday was the most fun I've had in game for several months. It was a lot of back and forth PvP with only a couple of reds/greys trying to control the spawn so I was able to kill the spawn on the outskirts of the alter but then was able to PvP without feeling like I had no chance when a person or 2 started attacking me (I died a few times and only killed someone once with the help of the spawn). At one point I thought I'd outsmart people and just hang around level 1 and 2 killing stuff but a few more reds/greys showed up that started walling choke points and I couldn't really do much there so I jumped over to Tram side which seemed less crowded at that point.

When in Tram, I felt like it was on easy mode after fighting in Fel where there was much more mobs that seemed to accumulate and you can't push through them (or recall out of Fel). I was in Tram for about an hour or so which netted a pretty decent amount of drops but that became very mundane and boring so after a little over an hour I went back to Fel to see what was going on. 

Last night I was only on for a little over an hour after I got home and Fel was packed with a bunch of different people fighting the spawn and no real threat of reds (but people were flagging grey and trying to flag you from AoE). The overall drop rate from each spawn was maybe 3-6 drops per and it was going pretty fast; maybe 10min each (plus the 5min cool down = 4 spawns an hour). I ended up with 22 in a little over an hour of play (ended up doing 5 spawns) with no statue rub/luck potion. There were so many people attacking the champ that the best I got from that was 1 scroll & 1 mastery one round; the rest of the time I either got 1 scroll OR 1 mastery and one time I got nothing except the skull. 

Overall I had a great time with Fel open on ATL and I would urge @ Kyronix to please reopen Fel on ATL again. It just doesn't make sense not to for the most populated shard in the game. It allows people in Tram more room to roam and to get drops while also allowing people that want to play in Fel (higher risk/reward) to also have fun.
    And if the drops aren't cursed what's the risk?
    Risk is that people are going to die more in Fel and have less time to actually kill stuff. You are showing how narrow minded you are with your repeated posts asking about insurance while completely neglecting opportunity cost. I did not use a luck potion or statue rub in Fel because there was too much risk of wasting it. If I'm consistently dying/fighting PvP the amount of drops I'm getting per hour is going to be less than if I were in Tram.

By comparison the Tram side has virtually zero risk. That's where I will use my statue/luck potions because I know it will be uninterrupted and I have yet to die in Tram on my Sampire. In fact, the risk is so low in Tram that I don't even bother insuring items there because I know worst case scenario I'll lose 1 or 2 drops but just go back and kill whatever looted them and get them back. I've even started using my SW tamer in Tram. Even then I've only died once (only because it was a perfect combo of poison/para/poison/mana drain) which didn't matter because gift of life brought me right back to life and I was able to claim my body while my pet took all the damage. Soon as my pet gets low, I just recall out so really even my pet dying is low risk. 

On a side note - Funny how I just read one of your other posts where you are asking someone if they have to reply to every post you make. I'll give you the same advice here which is take your own advice and simply choose not to respond if all you're going to do is be a "sugar troll".
    So you are okay with allowing spawn in tram 
    edited October 2022

Battle report from this weekend…

Building on what I posted on Friday..  this event on the Fel side was really a great challenge and good deal of fun.   Without needing to go into the hour by hour details for this report, I can confirm that every time I went down there, it was a different scenario.   Sometimes you had big groups battling for control of the spawn/dungeon.  Other times there were small groups PVP fighting and allowing blues to run the spawn with occasional incursions.  Other times there were lone wolves hunting with various blues fighting off the PKs.  I’m sure there are scenarios I am missing, but assuming an experienced UO player can use their imagination.  Especially on Saturday, the situation really did change hour by hour and you needed to be strategic about which entrance you took and make sure you were ready to have to escape if their was trouble in the entrance or sparkle drop spot.    In short, this is exactly what makes UO fun – different scenarios, different types of fighting, different challenges, different people playing every time…  something beyond the more static Tram side fighting.

By Sunday late night, activity had slowed down a little bit and there were only a small group running the spawn.  The other blues in the spawn kept on going gray, and then when gray, they would get flagged by my whirlwinds and use it as an excuse to attack me to prevent me from fighting Niera.  After dealing with this for two rounds, I switched from my samp to my bok mage and despite being outnumbered, I was able to hold my own, stay alive and flag all of them so they couldn’t use the Star Room to make an easy exit.   After few rounds of this, they got the hint and left my sampire alone when I switched back. 

This dungeon has its own challenges on the Fel side – not just with the obvious possibility of some type of raid from reds but even just running in through the front entrance and having to navigate paragons (rams in particular) to make sure you don’t get yourself stam blocked and cornered.   If anything, my one gripe would be the difficulty of the paragon rams who are difficult to kill under most any circumstance and can be a death sentence if you get cornered by one.   I died from this more than from fighting the spawn or any PVP action.  Especially dangerous when trying to run from raiders and perhaps not watching where I am running quite as carefully. 

Overall, I ended up with 400+ drops from the weekend, ~100 power scrolls, handful of red skulls, a ton of death robes, burned through about a dozen fortune potions, used up some repair deeds, had to restock stam and strength pots and petals…  certainly the type of event that keeps the UO economy turning.    

Without seeming like a broken record, I wanted to repeat that it would be really great to see the Fel side of this event opened up longer on Atlantic.  The most populated shard of the game should receive some extra attention here. Even if it was just one weekend a month.  I think there is definitely some crave for this type of fighting and activity to mix it up a bit.  And if not that... it would be helpful to atleast understand the developer's perspective on why we're only getting a few days here and there versus other events where it was open for the duration. 

keven2002 said:
    I'll give you the same advice here which is take your own advice and simply choose not to respond if all you're going to do is be a "sugar troll".

Strongly suggest not feeding the Troll.  They don't play the game and aren't interested in the event.  Hence why after you responded to one question about a theoretical never-gonna-happen scenario, they tried side tracking to another. 

PS - think I saw you say hi to me yesterday, but I was running away from paragons (or PKs) - sorry that I didn't respond! 

1635 lucky sampire template, no potions, 20 drops per hour, low pop trammel.  B)
    Seth said:
    1635 lucky sampire template, no potions, 20 drops per hour, low pop trammel.  B)
    Is that 1635 with the luck statue rub or without? 

Personally, I think there is a very noticeable difference between 100-200ish luck and 1300 luck (after statue hit) for the drop rate. I wonder if there is even more of a difference between 1300 and 2000 which you are approaching.
    edited October 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    Is that 1635 with the luck statue rub or without? 

Personally, I think there is a very noticeable difference between 100-200ish luck and 1300 luck (after statue hit) for the drop rate. I wonder if there is even more of a difference between 1300 and 2000 which you are approaching.
    It includes the luck statue, rouge jewels, quiver, minax sandals and 2 imbued gear with added luck.

Well, majority of the spawn isn't super tough like the greater dragon or balron, so I don't need my best warrior suit. The drop is not bad compared to that 35 with fortune potion... which only add 15 more for 200 sov (expensive).
    Most recent battle reports...

Back on the Tram side with the Fel event over for Atlantic...   last three nights did my usual hour-long potion run... got 26, 34 and 40 drops respectively.  That was mixing it up between using my plate samp or bone samp, hitting luck statue for 600-700 additional luck.   Most of time down there between midnight and 1am. 

Difficulty in Tram seems kicked up a notch since prior to the Fel event.  Given how easy it was the first few days, this was a welcome change.  Noticed way fewer AFK-follow bots down there this week, probably because the paragon rams and poison ele's can be pretty brutal.   

One thing that is a little disappointing is seeing how many people just crowd the first floor and barely venture down to the lower levels.  I mean yeah, it's a little bit more of a challenge, but surprised how many adventurers seem to not want to get their hands a little more dirty.  Not that I'm complaining ofcourse... as it ultimately leaves more spawn for a sampire like mine to come and sweep up and score more drops.   Maybe it's just the time I've been playing, but noticed that this week not nearly as many people seem to be taking the risk as in the first week when spawn was a bit lighter.  This is when there is still a decent size crowd in the dungeon, so would be more than enough to probably get more spawn if people spread out a bit.  Just an observation..

Not too much more to report.  Honestly, I had felt a little jaded doing it the last few nights on the Tram side after having a good time with the Fel event.  I still have about another 1000 drops I need to get to in order to hit my target to get all the rewards I want so I will still be busy down here a bit, but not sure how much further I will take it beyond that.  
    Quick battle report noting hardly any rams in Deceit tonight and the crowd was much more dispersed through out the dungeon fighting on all levels rather than just staying on the first floor.  Got 49 drops on my potion run.  Kind of goes to show you what huge difference that one type of monster will make and how the entire dynamic of the fight changes when they're not in there. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Do you ever plan on addressing the broken system of AFK penalties or your GMs actioning accounts without investigation for hunting in these ToTs? @Kyronix @Mesanna
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Been a while since an update.  Dungeon mostly static now with occasional spawn changes here and there (i.e., one day might not have rams, another day no para poison elementals).  Atlantic still has big crowd on first floor, but lots of opportunities for large amount of spawn in other parts of dungeon.  Has been really good opportunity for sampires. 

I've been popping a potion every other day now, hitting the luck statue and doing an hour of constant hunting.  Pulling 30 to 50 drops most every time, with average somewhere in low 40s.  Usually start right around midnight EST. 

Difficulty seems to be in a sweet spot... definitely some tough spots with Para Rams probably the biggest pain in the butt, but overall is a challenge but survivable if you're on a high end sampire.   Really only dying if I put myself in a stupid position like running kamikaze deep into a room when I'm not at full health, getting disarmed and para'ed..  or if I get distracted IRL by dogs, Discord, etc.   The few days when there are no Para Rams are really great for the larger drop runs.. have hit drop count into the 60's couple times with diligent farming. 

Glad this will be running until end of the year.    Still lots of opportunity for good farming, plenty of good rewards that will have long term value, especially if they don't offer some of these particular rewards for another few cycles.   If anyone ever wanted to join up to challenge some of the para groups, happy to team together. 

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• daricdaric Posts: 31
    Here is good event. Drop every single EM's houses down and turn their robes to death robes. Then give your rp communities chance for EM job. They can create events with things what are allready in world. Current EM's trash all over world can run their events so they are not needed anymore
    Been a bit since I have posted an update..  overall, still having fun with this event.  I have kept to the routine of eating a potion and spending an hour down in the dungeon every other night... usually midnight EST.   The crowd has softened slightly, but still plenty of folks there, so spawn management hasn't been all that bad.   Especially when there is a favorable spawn variation (i.e., no paragon rams or poison elementals), I am getting well into 50+ and even 60+ drops with the potion.  

Main update I wanted to give is the increased prevalence of mutli-boxers.   Two nights ago, there was easily EIGHT of them down there at once, each with 2-3 additional followers that would go on their spot exactly.  Freaking ridiculous.  In previous weeks and months with this event, I was reporting most of the ones I came across, but it's gotten to the point it's just a waste of time.  Alot of the same names down there doing it every night.  (Maybe it's because of the later hours that I typically play that there are rarely any GMs around?)  The only way I seem to be able to resolve the problem is by violating game mechanics and dragging a train of paragons to them in hopes it kills one of the followers and screws up their process a bit... but even when successful with that, it's a temporary delay at best and most of the multi-boxers are wise enough to not go to the fourth floor for long periods of time where it is easiest form a big enough paragon train to accomplish that.    

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Merlin said:
    Been a bit since I have posted an update..  overall, still having fun with this event.  I have kept to the routine of eating a potion and spending an hour down in the dungeon every other night... usually midnight EST.   The crowd has softened slightly, but still plenty of folks there, so spawn management hasn't been all that bad.   Especially when there is a favorable spawn variation (i.e., no paragon rams or poison elementals), I am getting well into 50+ and even 60+ drops with the potion.  

Main update I wanted to give is the increased prevalence of mutli-boxers.   Two nights ago, there was easily EIGHT of them down there at once, each with 2-3 additional followers that would go on their spot exactly.  Freaking ridiculous.  In previous weeks and months with this event, I was reporting most of the ones I came across, but it's gotten to the point it's just a waste of time.  Alot of the same names down there doing it every night.  (Maybe it's because of the later hours that I typically play that there are rarely any GMs around?)  The only way I seem to be able to resolve the problem is by violating game mechanics and dragging a train of paragons to them in hopes it kills one of the followers and screws up their process a bit... but even when successful with that, it's a temporary delay at best and most of the multi-boxers are wise enough to not go to the fourth floor for long periods of time where it is easiest form a big enough paragon train to accomplish that.    

How are you reporting?  Do you use the another player is harassing me to target them ?
    Do you feel we need a i suspect multi boxing or scripting feature to be more accurate in reporting? 
    Grimbeard said:
    Merlin said:

How are you reporting?  Do you use the another player is harassing me to target them ?
    Do you feel we need a i suspect multi boxing or scripting feature to be more accurate in reporting? 
    Yes, I mainly use the another player is harassing to target them and I add a description in the message.  I make sure to pull as many names as possible to include in the target options.  

100% need some type of multi-boxing feature or option for better reporting and responses.   While not as bad as the beginning of the Destard event, the Archlich event seems a bit worse off than a few of the others that have occured in recent years.   My guess is that it's the same relatively small group of people who are doing this, so just need to do some boot and bans to get a message across.  Gotta make sure to get more than just the EJ accoutns, but the main accounts that are guiding them.   Easier said than done ofcourse, but need to start somewhere.