Buffs that remain after death

Other than the city buff, please can anyone list any other buffs that remain after death. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    There are several in game usable effects that survive death... whether you want to classify them as “buffs” is debatable.

Personally I think of the city bonuses more like the luck bonus from an anniversary statues than a spell effect buff.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    Yeah on classic client the luck statue isn’t a buff :s (well there’s no buff icon, maybe there should be) I am reliably informed there are many but am struggling to identify them alone.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2018

Primer Mastery level X Passive buff.

Orange/Purple petals buff? They are on a timer, cannot remember if it stays on, half think it does.

Virtue Shrine Pendant Buff?

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Where is it listed that the city buff is supposed to drop upon death? It says it lasts for 24 hours on the official UO wiki. I'm guessing this is so players who might die deep inside a dungeon can get resurrected by a friend and back into battle as quickly as possible. If they then had to leave to get a buff they might find it rather inconvenient. I don't use the city buffs myself as I build these things into my suits.

It's very useful for some players if you die in a fight a player can quickly logout to save a mount, then upon logging back in and getting resurrected they still have the city buff and a live mount. This generally means they can get back in the fight without much hassle.
    edited June 2018
    Cookie said:

Primer Mastery level X Passive buff.

Orange/Purple petals buff? They are on a timer, cannot remember if it stays on, half think it does.

Virtue Shrine Pendant Buff?

mastery passive buffs is perma on.
    Orange/purple petals disappear on death, shrine pendant you don't receive a buff icon (again maybe you should) but it does remain after death.

All of the sphynx bonuses remain after death, again no buff (or debuff in some cases)

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Monster stealable buffs? http://www.uoguide.com/Monster_Stealables

Cooking fish pie buffs? http://www.uoguide.com/Magic_Fish_Buff

Zippy buffs? The new Eodon potions? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/alchemy/alchemy-potions/

Having to put question marks, although I'm aware of these things, and players do use them against me, I've never used them myself to know if the buffs last after death or not.

edited June 2018
    Fishy pie ones don’t, i was going to try the monster stealables tomorrow, eodon ones don’t, the wiki already states that. But I also need to find out if they all can be purged or not for research.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I think, as a rule of thumb, short term effects like petals, whispering for tamers, fish pies are lost on death.
    Longer term effects like city buffs, that run for 24 hours, or luck statue, one hour per 24  are not lost.
    I did test stone skin lotion (lasts 30 mins) before I started this post. On death the character's resists were 30 physical, -10 fire and cold, 0 poison & energy. This remained true when resurrected by a wandering healer. This effect remains.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    pet whisper buff stays active
    North_LS said:
    are you sure? the icon disappears.
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Petra,

North_LS said:
    are you sure? the icon disappears.
    I just got on test center to look at this one. Started whispering, stopped the pet and let the mob kill me. Time elapsed less than one minute. Both whispering and boarding icons disappeared. Boarding came back when I rezed, whispering did not.
    edited June 2018
    I’m thinking of making a suggestion, to add the missing buffs, and of making all buffs that survive after death or cannot be purged to be blue, and all buffs that do not to be green. Any preliminary thoughts? 

I would may be suggesting for some buffs that are currently not able to be purged to be able to be purged to fit into these categories.

as it seems a bit of a mess at the moment, unless we could introduce a fourth colour for buffs that can’t be purged and don’t remain after death..

i dont know there are always exceptions to every rule.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Why should whispering stop when you die?  Poor lvl one guy has to wait an hour to go again. lvl3 has to wait >20 mins.  If it continued working while dead who cares?  Pet will die.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Is it a bug that purge magic doesn't work on town buffs?
    I would say not, as it’s not removed on death.