GMs Now Issuing Email Warnings Instead of AFK Dungeon Penalty - WOW

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited November 2022 in General Discussions
Instead of issuing characters AFK dungeon penalties they are now issuing email warnings that will result in actual account action. Was fighting aside a few guild mates and one was hit with this in his inbox. No GM even showed up and their gameplay wasn't even interrupted:

Your Ultima Online account has been issued a Warning due to violations of our Code of Conduct.  No further action has been taken at this time. The details of the violation are as follows:

GM petition number xxxxxxxx

Service Warning for Ultima Online Account: xxxxxxxxxxx

This is an official warning for violating the rules and policies for Ultima Online. The following character was found in violation of the Ultima Online unattended gameplay policy:

Violation: Unattended Gameplay
Date/Time: xxxxxxxx
Character: yyyyyyy
World:  zzzzzzzzz

Rules of Conduct: 6) You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you.

This will escalate to a permanent ban.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    As long as it's fair to all including popular forum members who publicly admit to "forgetting " and "accidentally" leaving characters in the dungeon..
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    They are account actioning players that are "AFK" without even talking to them, but, the stack of 12 characters on LVL 4 Deceit Atlantic attacking/moving in sync and being spam called out in general chat and paged on by dozens is legitimate?

YOU CAN TELL WHO IS AFK WITHOUT INVESTIGATION AND BY LOOKING AT THEM BUT OBVIOUS MULTIBOXING IS OK? 

Actually clown game.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I'm curious what email address this came from? Also, it seems like this doesn't correct the problem of people who are present getting tagged or was there an earlier time they might have been AFK? Would be nice to be able to dispute this type of thing but not sure if that's in the cards. 
    edited November 2022
    Riner said:
    I'm curious what email address this came from? Also, it seems like this doesn't correct the problem of people who are present getting tagged or was there an earlier time they might have been AFK? Would be nice to be able to dispute this type of thing but not sure if that's in the cards. 
    It was a legitimate email and had all the correct information, account name, shard and character. I didn't see it at first by I was hit by the same email. I am disputing it. Absolute bullshit.

You want legitimate players to quit and do nothing about the multiboxing? This is how you get it done. Bravo.

@username actually I was wondering about the address it was from because any unknown address goes to my junk mail and I would rather not overlook it in there. So, it would be nice to know where who it is from to place in my filters?
    Riner said:
    @ username actually I was wondering about the address it was from because any unknown address goes to my junk mail and I would rather not overlook it in there. So, it would be nice to know where who it is from to place in my filters?
    do-not-reply@broadsword.com

Thanks!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Well you have been complaining about players using Bots and now you know they are your friends so you are mad?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited November 2022
    Grimbeard said:
    As long as it's fair to all including popular forum members who publicly admit to "forgetting " and "accidentally" leaving characters in the dungeon..
    I told you from the first day there is no timer. They are catching the exact players posters have been complaining about.

Since this is second hand info, we do not know if the player in question answered the GM. They do admit to not seeing it. Notice the date and time are blanked out.  :D

Ask for changes, get them, then complain.  :D
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I know there's been many times I"ll just be playing away in UO and I"ll suddenly get an email from Broadsword, that I notice....while I"m playing......
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
     :D 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    I know there's been many times I"ll just be playing away in UO and I"ll suddenly get an email from Broadsword, that I notice....while I"m playing......
    You just miss you've got mail  ;)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I am going to lock this. This issue isn't going to be resolved here. If you feel you have been unfairly treated please email to one of the appropriate email addresses as listed here:
    https://uo.com/support/ or the more general uo@broadsword.com