24yrs Of This Is More Than Tiresome - Devs Please Give Us Some Quality Of Life Options

Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
@devs. Death is a significant part of the game - especially during events such as the treasures events. After 24+ yrs I (I am sure just about everyone else) am sick and tired of everytime I die I have to rez, reopen my backpack, every single container that was open, reposition every single thing (because of the anti-afk-macro code from a long time ago), and throw away this useless death robe (it is not cute nor useful). I do this countless times per week on these events. Enough is enough. No other mmo I have ever played requires this because they don't use backpacks or containers in the way that UO does.

I tried to write a macro that would dress, arm, open my backpack as one click in the CC. That won't work because of all the delays you put into the dress macro. I tried adding a 1sec up to 10sec delay between dressing and opening backpack... still gives me the cannot do this now message. If I could even get a macro to work it would take so long to run, I could have done it 3x by hand.

Please give us some quality of life options and allow some kind of static placement/open/close status options for these things so that every single time I die, I do not have to redo/reposition every one of my open containers, etc. Also the anti-afk-macro random placement is basically nothing but a burden at this point in time. People who are determined to cheat use way more sophisticated scripts than UO can counter. All that is being done is making the game a grind for normal players.

Comments

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    they already added it, its called EC
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited October 2022
    Whitewolf said:
    they already added it, its called EC
    /golf claps. Add CC graphics on top and I'll use it. Otherwise this is a request for the CC.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes in EC one macro dresses and arms you.  Could probably mount you as well.  Could probably do spells like protection and magic protection as well if you have magery.  I have separate Marcos for these but think I could combine them if I wanted.  Not sure if I could also drop the  robe though.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Each client is different and you have to choose 
  • Death robes should be done away with. Having them spawn on a rezzed person serves no real purpose and as I see it never did other than the novelty of pointing out you just got rezzed.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    I think I am also getting sick of CC users who complain they won't switch to EC because it's graphics are bad but yet many of us are already using EC and swear never to switch back to CC.

I guess it might help to specify which part of CC graphics must be pass on to the EC. We are all CC users for many years before EC was created. It isn't 100% all bad graphics or we won't convert. Be fair to the team and let them know which are the bad ones. It can't be all. 

For me, i feel that some issues are just "preferences", and it doesn't matter which one is used.

E.g. I like the Balron look in CC but I can "accept" EC - its not bad enough to stop me from using EC.

What are those graphics that are really so bad that without those, you will swear never to use EC.

It should not be "every" EC graphics is crap?

If we can all stick to One client perhaps it's easier for the team to maintain and make it better. Nothing has been done to EC for years. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Grimbeard said:
    Yes, no duh. That does not mean I am not going to ask for some common sense improvements.

Anyway, I have no interest in debating clients because it's beaten to death hundreds of times and I will play what I will play. Arguing clients is like arguing politics. So, I will not waste my time beyond this last post. I simply ask the devs to strongly consider my request. Thank you.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Grimbeard said:
    Yes, no duh. That does not mean I am not going to ask for some common sense improvements.

Anyway, I have no interest in debating clients because it's beaten to death hundreds of times and I will play what I will play. Arguing clients is like arguing politics. So, I will not waste my time beyond this last post. I simply ask the devs to strongly consider my request. Thank you.

So EC gets auto follow? 
  • Seth said:
    I think I am also getting sick of CC users who complain they won't switch to EC because it's graphics are bad but yet many of us are already using EC and swear never to switch back to CC.
    One last /golf clap.

Good old UO "community". 51% one side, 49% the other. With one side who can't let an opportunity pass to tell the other one how much they hate (OMG we are so sick of you CC people! rofl) them (aka you) just because they express an opinion with an honest appeal to the devs mind you - not you. Just move on and stop trying to derail this into another argument between clients.You clearly can't help yourself, or you would just have kept your criticism to yourself, lol.

I could care less of anyone is sick of the CC users. I also have a char with basic EC setup & after 30 min of using it, I simply want to delete it - with a hammer =p.

Peace, enjoy talking to the wind.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “I have never noticed any issue with death and containers, but other than my backpack and bandage belt I don’t normally have any open. I think I open them automatically now it becomes second nature.

Not sure what items you’re repositioning either, all my insured items stay in the same position, and when I grab my body to get potions everything is back exactly where I left it.

I’m not really understanding the request.

I guess it would be helpful to auto open bandage belt, but then it would be even more helpful if you didn’t have to have it open for it to work…

as for making a macro, dress delays should not be an issue if you make dress the first action, performing an action before you dress (like arming) is causing the dress delay to kick in so try putting dress first, then you shouldn’t have any issue with delays after that.
    I remember reading some guy was complaining he couldn’t do anything when he was getting ressed and dressed and it was because he was arming first before dressing (which there are logical reasons to do so, stops you from being hit) but dress must come first, then no problems”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited October 2022
    Seth said:
    One last /golf clap.

Good old UO "community". 51% one side, 49% the other. With one side who can't let an opportunity pass to tell the other one how much they hate (OMG we are so sick of you CC people! rofl) them (aka you) just because they express an opinion with an honest appeal to the devs mind you - not you. Just move on and stop trying to derail this into another argument between clients.You clearly can't help yourself, or you would just have kept your criticism to yourself, lol.

I could care less of anyone is sick of the CC users. I also have a char with basic EC setup & after 30 min of using it, I simply want to delete it - with a hammer =p.

Peace, enjoy talking to the wind.
    Apologies, I am not criticizing CC users but put the other way around, I am happy if CC can incorporate all the grid backpack, map, actions and macro features. It's time we combine the two into one good client. The only thing standing in the way is purely cosmetic.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    EC dress and arm macro has no delays.  I click-on the macro key and I am instantly dressed and armed with my default weapon.  It only consists of one action, equip items I think is it’s name.  It takes a little time to figure out how to edit it so it works.  But once you do that it is quite easy to work with.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:

I guess it might help to specify which part of CC graphics must be pass on to the EC. We are all CC users for many years before EC was created. It isn't 100% all bad graphics or we won't convert. Be fair to the team and let them know which are the bad ones. It can't be all. 

For me, i feel that some issues are just "preferences", and it doesn't matter which one is used.

E.g. I like the Balron look in CC but I can "accept" EC - its not bad enough to stop me from using EC.

What are those graphics that are really so bad that without those, you will swear never to use EC.

If we can all stick to One client perhaps it's easier for the team to maintain and make it better. Nothing has been done to EC for years. 

Then, why not give to these players the OPTION to be able to use the EC UI but with the CC graphics ?

Wouldn't such an Option made available to UO players make a whole lot of players happier ?
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    popps said:
    Then, why not give to these players the OPTION to be able to use the EC UI but with the CC graphics ?

Wouldn't such an Option made available to UO players make a whole lot of players happier ?
    I don't know probably because they use different graphics engines and are NOT interchangeable. For the non technical it would probably like switching a diesel truck to gas.

If it was easy to do they would have done it years ago for no other reason then to stop the constant whining.

And for the record I like the death robes. It lets me keep track of how I did that night.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Use an undertakers staff, the death robe goes poof.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2022
    popps said:
    Seth said:

Why not make this into a lower hanging fruit, instead of massive coding, why not let the artist redraw only selected CC graphics in EC format and put replace the existing in EC? 

Start listing.

It's like how they make new graphics for new items or monsters. It's just a cosmetic revamp.

I think this is easier and faster than a rewrite of the CC to add EC functions. Or better than trying to replace the entire EC graphics engine with CC.

The landscape and housing looks quite similar on both CC ans EC.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    how can you die in trammel in this game? ( one account open of course )
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited October 2022
    We've asked for these for decades. We've gotten a few updates here and there but nothing significant. Things for the CC (and EC if it doesn't have it) I would love would include:
    • Drink heal, drink cure potion macro
    • Option to disable spell particle effects + field animations.
    • Option to disable words of power
    • Option to add spell at end of words of power, ie: "In Flam Grav - Firefield"
    • Gold display on character status bar
    • Update for the object handle system. Maybe a macro slots for 3 customizable, or just set, object handle types. They could be default to alt + shift for item objects, shift + tab for non-player neutrals/hostiles, etc. 
    • Targeting system that actually works.
    • Increased performance, server and client. Game chugs at EM events but even when just running around Luna sometimes.
    ... and that's just off the top of my head. We'll never get any of them.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    " @username what game you playing?"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited October 2022
     :D many don't use the objects one.  But Gold ?  He is too busy looking at everyone else to see his own abilities.   :D

Too bad the exploding tar and the confusion potions do not work on paragons in the dungeons.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited October 2022
    Yoshi said:
    " @ username what game you playing?"

Do those macros chug a pot as soon as it's off timer? Or queue a potion up?
    Is that your total accounts gold/plat? You know we got that "new" system where it's shared on amongst chars on the same shard? What game you playing? 
    While they're at it, fix the item insurance menu. If you have well over 1+ plat it only shows "1,000,000,000+" gold.
    Forgot, it's the UO forums, gotta spell everything out completely else the trolls get hungry. Yeesh.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Agree the character insurance menu and house placement tool should be fixed to show total bank balance instead of the 1plat max. 

Disagree on showing it on the status bar. It would take up too much room. 

Then again, it only takes 20 seconds to hit a bank and check balance so it doesn't really bother me either way. 
    edited October 2022
    “If you’re wanting to auto chug a heal potion as soon as it’s off timer, you’re not going to do very well at the game. Same for any consumable. 
    @username
    Also just our if interest, what do you mean by 
    an option to disable words of power

You mean the spells? Why would you want to do this and how would you know what spells people are casting?

(uoassist will show the English names of spells)”
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Yoshi said:
    " @ username what game you playing?"

I don't use these macros in game (I use UOA instead) because it causes my client to crash seemingly the first time I use it for a new stack / trap box (at least I think this is the cause? I haven't really try to narrow it down). I've used the trap box and enchanted apples macro several times (seemingly when I get a fresh stack of apples or new trapped box) and when I hit the macro for it my client stops working and when I log back in usually I'm dead so i don't really mess with it.

Has anyone else encountered this consistently? I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong like casting a spell while eating an apple or trying to hit my open box macro and open door macro after? 
    I haven't crashed but sounds like maybe you have a client macro and uoa macro on the same key. 

I haven't tested 2 conflicting client macros though. 
    edited October 2022
    "I never experienced any crash related issues

I use the uo's trapped box macro because it will recognise any trapped box you don't need to keep resetting the specific box like you do in UOA. And i have to say it works flawlessly, never failed.

but every other consumable you actually need to use UOA because if you simply run out of that consumable, UO fails to notify you that the item cannot be found, you get absolutely no system message at all, this bug has been reported also.
    (UOA consumables macros work as expected:)

Also i tried using UOs enhancted apple macro and occasionally it would fail to recognise the apples i had in my bag, i don't have this issue with UOA "
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Your user data file might be messed up if you are crashing. Might need to start a new one. Just a guess. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    It is possible to create everything the opening poster wishes for.

Classic Client, can outperform everything, looks, feel, functionality, if only it is allowed to.

You need more testing to narrow it down from all your macro keys down to who all is around.

There used to be an age old exploit in pvp where a specific macro from someone else could crash you. I also once had a registry issue where the entire game was smooth as silk but it prevented me from opening a mob corpse. I never figured that one out. 
  • I didn’t realize this wasn’t in the CC I seriously just run back to my corpse double click my body and everything is opened and placed as it was including my clothing.