UO Loot Filter

ZoltZolt Posts: 6
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
I recently came back to UO after being away for six or seven years. During that time I played a game called Path of Exile which had an awesome tool that allowed me to programmatically change the font color and size of dropped loot. You also have the ability to filter out things that are below certain thresholds. It helped me to identify which items are worth keeping etc.

My biggest problem when playing UO is I simply do not know what is worth keeping and what is worth unraveling. No doubt I have unraveled some really good items because I just didn’t know better.

I spend a lot of my time digging up level 5 and 6 treasure maps and fishing up SOSs so I have no shortage of items to sift through.

I am in the process of using an Excel spreadsheet to help me identify items I should consider keeping.

Here is my process:

1) I put all my weapons and armor in a bag that I get from the treasure map.

2) In UO Assist, I make use of the Vendor Bag feature where I can export the contents of the bag to the clipboard.

3) I past the clipboard into Excel.

4) I have a second sheet in Excel that helps me summarize the loot.

I am sure most of you know the maximum % of ‘Swing Speed Increase’ for instance. I don’t. I don’t know if 10% is good or 100% is good etc. I am starting to learn.Additionally, I want to put most of the limits in Excel. So if an items has the potential to be 50% and the item I have is at 50%, it is worth reviewing.

Better yet, items that have certain related characteristics and at a certain threshold are certainly worth reviewing. IE, total resists + luck + lower reagent cost.

So now for the questions…

Are there are any rules you could think of right away that would help me in my journey? IE, ‘if the item has 75 resists, 100 luck and 10% lower mana cost’ it would be worth reviewing. Or, ‘look for jewelry that has at least these three characteristics x% SDI, y+ INT and z Luck’.

Thanks for any insight and direction. I’ve read a whole lot of articles since my return but probably missed some good discussions. Feel free to include links to any previous discussions that help you.

PS: This Excel document does not have macros, it is all built in functions. I would have no problem sharing my work in progress if anybody else would find my work in progress beneficial.

PSS: Some of you fishermen out there may know me out there. I created the excel fishing spreadsheet about 10 years ago that helps converted SOS coordinates to the x,y format for easy map import.

Cheers!
-Zolt

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    You may wish to try Pinco’s UI, it has an inbuilt imbuing intensity calculator (last time I tried it, it miscalculated everything but may be working today)
    you can also arrange the loot depending on the artifacts level. 

Also sorry I am working with the uo wiki editor to add the info about the new loot/reforging intensity ranges, it’s a slow process.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ZoltZolt Posts: 6
    Regarding Pincos UI, that add-on has tempted me to try the new client again, but from my last experience I prefer the classic client.
    edited June 2018
    A GENERAL rule for what is good loot to keep, is if it has a total intensity greater than say 600, but in the mods you’re going to use ofcourse, I probably wouldn’t count things like “lower requirements” and stamina regeneration, or even luck unless you’re building a luck suit.

don’t include resists in that, it’s so easy to get 70 all resists.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Zolt I am a die hard CC user (20 years) but when it comes to sorting out all my nurmerous chests and organizing them I use the EC as I can put stuff where I want it in grid mode.  If as @Mervyn says that with Pico and EC you can do what you want while you are at your house then you may want to use it for that purpose but use CC with all other stuff.
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    The harder part to me is total item intensity doesn't always make what item is worth it at least for jewelry.  Most of the time now I only sift loot for low mod items that can be imbued.  And generally only loot major and legendary artifacts.

Best pieces for me now are looting a ring with only MR4 and no negatives or maybe. 10 stat by itself.
    @Zolt we've updated the magical item properties. this will be right up your street.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/magic-item-properties/

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2018
    Mervyn said:
    @ Zolt we've updated the magical item properties. this will be right up your street.

Nice list. I'm not sure what criteria you are using to decide on inclusion to this list, but here are a couple more. (These are from the EC Item Properties Info menu.)

The web list mentions Berserk, but leaves out Bard Mastery Bonus and Fish Bait strength.

Cursed is included, but not Blessed (even though Blessed is mentioned in the description of Cursed).

Assassin Honed, Cannot Be Repaired, and Durability are not on the web list.

Missing from EC Item Properties Menu:
    Bone Breaker

Again, it is a nice list. Hopefully it eventually includes everything we find on items we can equip!

-Arroth
    Also missing is spell focusing

how far do we go, insured? Imbued?
    quest item? locked down?

Cannot be repaired is too self explanatory, but assassin Honed is a good shout 

Mervyn said:
    Also missing is spell focusing

how far do we go, insured? Imbued?
    quest item? locked down?
    Mervyn said:
    Cannot be repaired is too self explanatory, but assassin Honed is a good shout 

Honestly Mervyn, you all are making the list, but if the list is about item properties, then why not include all the properties that can be found on an item. Not the states of an item like "insured", but the actual properties that appear on the item.

Sure, some of them will be self explanatory, but at least the list will be "complete". The EC already has a list, may as well make the game and the website match. Just for continuities sake. 

Also, "Bane" doesn't appear on the EC list, or the web list, but is on UO Guide.

-Arroth
    Bane is a good shout. 

edited June 2018

Heh. So "Bane" and "Bone Breaker" are in the EC list, but they are down at the bottom, not in alphabetical order.

-Arroth
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Anyone else find all that a bit too much?

This is why I don't bother to loot itemised items anymore, whilst I understand what it all is, there is no hope in hell of matching all of those properties together in a logical way to make a suit I'd like.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    edited June 2018
    The title on this page is Magic Item Properties. Properties such as durability come under a different heading. Basic Item Properties
    As for including the bestial suit, but not the Fisherman's Suit or the Virtuoso Suit I can only say it wasn't there before, it was flagged as an omission in one of the 157 messages I've received from a particular poster since 25th May. I am not totally convinced it belongs, what is the general opinion?

Spell Focusing is a property found only on an event reward sash that is no longer obtainable. I can find no official explanation of what it actually does.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Suits could have their own section?   Theres a bunch of them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    As far as I know only those 3 suits have properties not normally found, and they are listed on the clean up Britannia page.
    edited June 2018

@Mariah

It seems like a good way to go to have separated Magic Item Properties and Basic Item Properties into two categories.

Maybe an Item Properties page, with sub pages for Basic, Magic, One off Suits (named something better of course), etc. ? Maybe a dedicated page would be too much?

No idea!

Just looked at the wiki and realized you've also done a Base Properties page. Geez. That's a lot of work you're putting into UO! Thank you, I know lots of people appreciate it!

EDIT:

(Mana Burst (Good and Evil) is found on the Armor of Epiphany. Don't know if Mana Burst is found elsewhere.)

Maybe you can ask Bleak or Kyronix to peek into the code and see if the stuff about spell focus on UOGuide is accurate? I mean, they can't be busy, right? ;)

-Arroth
    edited June 2018

Hey @Mariah, it took me awhile to realize why I was suggesting durability be included. I was not trying to just make work, I swear!

I keep finding loot with "Durability +XXX%" as a line in the item description (so durability appears as though it were a property) in addition to the numerical durability at the bottom of the item description. "Durability +XXX%" can also be crafted into an item with reforging (or imbuing?). So, while "Durability XXX/XXX" is a basic property, "Durability +XXX%" could be considered a "magic" property.

Anyway, that is what I was seeing. Durability can have a "magic" component which affects the base attribute, just as Massive and Lower requirements are "magic" components which affect the base strength attribute, and Unwieldy is a "magic" component that affects the base weight attribute.

Do with it what you will! 

-Arroth
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Mervyn said:
    @ Zolt we've updated the magical item properties. this will be right up your street.

This is looking good. I have one suggestion. For brittle how about putting something like

"Brittle items can not be fortified using powder of fortification".

Adding in "using powder of fortification" makes it extra clear to players who don't know what "can not be fortified" means.

• Mervyn said:
    You may wish to try Pinco’s UI, it has an inbuilt imbuing intensity calculator (last time I tried it, it miscalculated everything but may be working today)
    you can also arrange the loot depending on the artifacts level. 

Also sorry I am working with the uo wiki editor to add the info about the new loot/reforging intensity ranges, it’s a slow process.
    I can't get that damn Pinco's to work! I know that plain EC is terrible except for the auto loot button and zooming.
    Don't let heartburn and indigestion keep you from relishing life's special moments. Use Alka-Seltzer for speedy relief when you need it.