Opposing slayers

Is this still a thing ? 

Why do developers not put opposing monsters in for better challenges 

Also i haven't died to blood oath once has it been nerfed? 

Comments

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Grimbeard said:
    Is this still a thing ? 

Do you have Resist?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    drcossack said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Is this still a thing ? 

Why do developers not put opposing monsters on for better challenges 

Do you have Resist?

Not on my sdi tamer who was most likely to kill herself 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Grimbeard said:
    drcossack said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Is this still a thing ? 

Why do developers not put opposing monsters on for better challenges 

Do you have Resist?

Not on my sdi tamer who was most likely to kill herself 

ahh.  In that case, your only way out is one-shotting.  And, depending on the monster, an SDI tamer is likely capable of doing that.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    edited October 2022
    Grimbeard said:

You only kill yourself if the paragon type Blood Oaths you the normal do not have much HP. The Butcher killed my mage quite a few times when he Blood oathed me after I cast.  

Can you link this nerf you speak of?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:

You only kill yourself if the paragon type Blood Oaths you the normal do not have much HP. The Butcher killed my mage quite a few times when he Blood oathed me after I cast.  

Can you link this nerf you speak of?

I asked not stated.  i normally die a time or two to a ill-timed Blood oath meteor swarm mishap 
    edited October 2022
    Looking at the opposing list I'd suggest swapping artic ogre lords and titans for poison and fire elementals that would spice it up 
    edited October 2022
    Seems the dungeons have set mobs.  We have had Deceit twice on LS before this time.

When it was on Test Center and there was a feedback thread, I asked for some new Mob types so we would not have the same thing for a third time.

Seems the "New" type Mob for Deceit is the stupid Spectral Swords.
    Pawain said:
    Seems the dungeons have set mobs.  We have had Deceit twice on LS before this time.

When it was on Test Center and there was a feedback thread, I asked for some new Mob types so we would not have the same thing for a third time.

@Kyronix must be punished  :p
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited October 2022
    Grimbeard said:
    Is this still a thing ? 

15+ years ago during one of the revamps, all skeletal mages were one-shotting players with blood oath because the devs ridiculously cranked the eval int way up on them. Also the imps were way cranked up. In a week or two they toned them all down to fit their actual level. The paragon versions are very dangerous (if your not prepared), especially in a group mobs situation. Go grab 3 or 4 mobs with a paragon skeletal mage and whirlwind them all after the mage cast blood oath and you and come back to report.... Even solo you have to watch your health, if your not paying attention they can do a lot of damage - that is if you are doing any decent amount of damage. If you are getting the paragon skeletal mages to 50% health before they blood oath, they are not much of a problem.

And they do put in opposites in some treasures events. All the events with wisps for example. Total pain in the rear. Paragons are enough when they get the events cranked on high after a few weeks =p. Always a masochist in the group.. lol.
  • Pawain said:
    Spectral swords are not new to Deceit treasures. They were in the first one. I hate the way they always take target priority when using target nearest hostile.
    Pawain said:
    Spectral swords are not new to Deceit treasures. They were in the first one. I hate the way they always take target priority when using target nearest hostile.
    Each dungeon has a new mob or two added.  Yes, this is the third time Deceit has had the swords as the new mob.  Destard had 3 new mobs that had new skins.

I asked for a different new mob but they chose to do a rerun.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Grimbeard said:
    Is this still a thing ? 

You are so lucky... did u avoid the para skeletal mages. I still died from their BO several times esp when i get cornered in a room. Para ele can be unpredictable at times.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    I was already down on HP when I died from blood oath because I had the wrong slayer spell book equipped when I meter stormed a regular Lich.