Elemental Slayer Talisman alternatives?

I am just wondering if there is an alternative to the enchantress cameo elemental slayer.  Is there any way to get them from quest rewards or something? 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    No other Talisman.
    Imbue on weapon. One of mine runs with an undead weapon and an Ele tali, could do it the other way.

Other guy uses an undead weapon and switches to ele when needed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    No other Talisman.
    Imbue on weapon. One of mine runs with an undead weapon and an Ele tali, could do it the other way.

Other guy uses an undead weapon and switches to ele when needed.

ok, thanks

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited October 2022
    Imbue "poison elemental slayer" on your weapon for deceit.
    Leave undead slayer talisman equipped.

It's been requested several times to add "lesser" slayer variants as cameo drops.
    I imbue the previous weapons to different slayers when the dungeon changes, If you build a poison ele slayer it will use fewer points than a super slayer, so when you over write it with a super slayer, you may have to reduce something first.

Both the Undeads and the Poison eles are low in Fire resist. The Fire ele is not.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I’m using both elemental slayer weapon and cameo. I’ve read some discussion rather or not it stacks but figure better safe than sorry. With fire axe still kill fire elemental paragons in 4 or 5 hits depending on double strikes. 
  • I go the route of having already built "lesser slayer" versions of weapons on hand, and don't re-imbue.  Fire elementals are a pushover relative to poison elementals in deceit, why I'd prefer "poison elemental" over "elemental" if forced to choose.

This holds true for spellbooks too -- have macros that select the lesser slayer (poison elemental, fire elemental) book wherever possible.
  • I really appreciate all the comments.  I am doing deceit and doing alright there.  The reason I asked about the elemental, or for me specifically air elemental talisman.  Either one.  Because I am farming unbound energy vortexes for void orbs, and I would love to have the stacked bonus from my weapon and a talisman in order to kill them quicker.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited October 2022
    Assuming the UEV is weakest poison, and best slayer is air elemental, go with 100% poison dmg weapon w/air elemental slayer on weapon.  I usually make special purpose weapons for one target too.

If memory serves, you would get no benefit using a super slayer "elemental" talisman stacking in this case.  You could use any non-demon slayer cameo or other talisman for the DI/SSI/etc.

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    Of_Beasts said:
    I really appreciate all the comments.  I am doing deceit and doing alright there.  The reason I asked about the elemental, or for me specifically air elemental talisman.  Either one.  Because I am farming unbound energy vortexes for void orbs, and I would love to have the stacked bonus from my weapon and a talisman in order to kill them quicker.

UEVs are vulnerable to Air Elemental Slayer and Poison Damage. With 100% DI on gear, and Air Elemental Slayer (+200% Damage), you're hitting the 300% Damage Cap in PvM, so no point in wearing an Elemental Slayer Talisman at the same time then. This is my UEV killing weapon.

When farming UEVs, i soulstone skills around on my Sampire so he has 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Necro/GM SS/GM LJ/GM Bush or Parry. I'll keep them under Corpse Skin, and use Onslaught+Double Strike spam, tears them apart fast. Even faster if i also use my Disco/Tamer to discord them, and sick his RC+AP Fire Beetle on the UEV to even further debuff the Resists. I've dropped UEVs down to 7% Poison Resist before doing that, for 450+ total damage a Double Strike.

For Deceit, you can use a 100% Fire Damage Undead Slayer Wep+Undead Slayer Talisman (300% Damage Cap then) most of the time, and swap to a 100% Fire Damage Poison Elemental Slayer wep when Poison Ele Paragon pops up. The Fire Elemental Paragons aren't a problem so long as you're using Consecrate Weapon on them.
    Be a Tamer, Kill the Crazy mage over and over to train your pets. You don't have to farm them, they are just a by product.  The whetstones make good deco rocks.

• Pawain said:
    Be a Tamer, Kill the Crazy mage over and over to train your pets. You don't have to farm them, they are just a by product.  The whetstones make good deco rocks.

yep, I just gave away 600 crystals of shame.  I do a lot of farming there hehe.  Thank you for the detailed info tho.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

yep, I just gave away 600 crystals of shame.  I do a lot of farming there hehe.  Thank you for the detailed info tho.
    omg that is alot! One of my past time was to farm air ele to make the whetstones.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    You can get various elemental slayer talismans from doing the crafting quests in heartwood. 
    Imbue "poison elemental slayer" on your weapon for deceit.
    Leave undead slayer talisman equipped.

It's been requested several times to add "lesser" slayer variants as cameo drops.
    Maybe Shadowguard 2.0 with new rewards and cameo
  • Seth said:
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

omg that is alot! One of my past time was to farm air ele to make the whetstones.

well I guess I should have clarified, I gave them up for a loss, but I got whetstones out of the deal.  I was being lazy and generous at the same time hehe

• TimSt said:
    You can get various elemental slayer talismans from doing the crafting quests in heartwood. 

OK good, this is what I wanted to hear, so do you think I can get an air elemental slayer random from doing the crafting?  I sure hope so.  :)
    Seth said:
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

Thats why I have a separate stack.  I find another player, Go to Fel Shame. I give them 60 crystals. Do the first two myself, then let them do the first two. Then do the last one.  This way we get two whetstones quicker than waiting on the timer.

And someone learns something new.
  • TimSt said:
    These are the "xxx killer" talisman you are referring to, correct?

I tested some of those a while back, and I think they only go to max 100%, and much less damage against the selected mob vs. a lesser slayer.  They also are missing the other good warrior mods.  I remember getting a high intensity ancient lich killer talis, only to find the undead cameo yielded more damage.

I think these also don't match in some cases, like the yamandon killer doesn't match serrado ("dark yamandon").  You're much better off using a snake slayer in this example.

More cameo choices at roof, OR a recipe to make new lesser slayers from the super slayer cameos would be good.

• Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Of_Beasts said:
    Pawain said:

Thats why I have a separate stack.  I find another player, Go to Fel Shame. I give them 60 crystals. Do the first two myself, then let them do the first two. Then do the last one.  This way we get two whetstones quicker than waiting on the timer.

And someone learns something new.

this is great information, thanks.
  • TimSt said:

I tested some of those a while back, and I think they only go to max 100%, and much less damage against the selected mob vs. a lesser slayer.  They also are missing the other good warrior mods.  I remember getting a high intensity ancient lich killer talis, only to find the undead cameo yielded more damage.

I think these also don't match in some cases, like the yamandon killer doesn't match serrado ("dark yamandon").  You're much better off using a snake slayer in this example.

More cameo choices at roof, OR a recipe to make new lesser slayers from the super slayer cameos would be good.

will hopefully doing roof more with the guild this winter as my job takes up my time in the summer.  I hope to get some cameos, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy one lol.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    TimSt said:

Nope, actual slayers

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    Pawain said:

He's specifically farming the UEVs for Void Orbs to imbue Leeches. UEVs also drop Crystals of Shame, Vials of Vitriol, and Void Cores. With the above Sampire setup i use, it's easier (and more profitable) to kill UEVs.
    The Crazed Mages are vulnerable to Mage Slayer Talismans, but also have Corrupted Life, so any attempt to life leech from them will damage you instead.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Of_Beasts said:
    I really appreciate all the comments.  I am doing deceit and doing alright there.  The reason I asked about the elemental, or for me specifically air elemental talisman.  Either one.  Because I am farming unbound energy vortexes for void orbs, and I would love to have the stacked bonus from my weapon and a talisman in order to kill them quicker.

UEVs are vulnerable to Air Elemental Slayer and Poison Damage. With 100% DI on gear, and Air Elemental Slayer (+200% Damage), you're hitting the 300% Damage Cap in PvM, so no point in wearing an Elemental Slayer Talisman at the same time then. This is my UEV killing weapon.

When farming UEVs, i soulstone skills around on my Sampire so he has 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Necro/GM SS/GM LJ/GM Bush or Parry. I'll keep them under Corpse Skin, and use Onslaught+Double Strike spam, tears them apart fast. Even faster if i also use my Disco/Tamer to discord them, and sick his RC+AP Fire Beetle on the UEV to even further debuff the Resists. I've dropped UEVs down to 7% Poison Resist before doing that, for 450+ total damage a Double Strike.

For Deceit, you can use a 100% Fire Damage Undead Slayer Wep+Undead Slayer Talisman (300% Damage Cap then) most of the time, and swap to a 100% Fire Damage Poison Elemental Slayer wep when Poison Ele Paragon pops up. The Fire Elemental Paragons aren't a problem so long as you're using Consecrate Weapon on them.
    @PlayerSkillFTW

May I ask a question about your Weapon ?

You first say : "With 100% DI on gear" but then, I see that you crafted your Weapon with "Damage Increase 45%".... Why is that ?

Did you decide that it was better to have, rather then another Property, +45 DI on the Weapon so as to have less DI on gear and have some other Property on gear, instead ?

Could you please, explain this ?

Thanks !
  • popps said:
    Of_Beasts said:

@ PlayerSkillFTW

You first say : "With 100% DI on gear" but then, I see that you crafted your Weapon with "Damage Increase 45%".... Why is that ?

Did you decide that it was better to have, rather then another Property, +45 DI on the Weapon so as to have less DI on gear and have some other Property on gear, instead ?

Thanks !

I left the DI on the wep simply because there wasn't anything really better to put on it for killing UEVs. I could've whetstoned off the DI and put on HLA, but that wouldn't really matter, since the UEVs are never a threat to my Sampire anyways. Between Jewelry, Cameo, and Jumu's Sacred Hide, i have 90% DI on gear.
    TimSt said:
    TimSt said:

Nope, actual slayers

Those only come in odd types. Bear, vermin, bat , bird are the others that I can recall. I have never seen any type elemental slayer on them. They are useful in other places but not deceit. The slayer on those won't be the Cameo types.

The invasion slayer books had more specific types like snow elemental slayer.
    edited October 2022
    popps said:
    Of_Beasts said:

@ PlayerSkillFTW

Thanks !

I left the DI on the wep simply because there wasn't anything really better to put on it for killing UEVs. I could've whetstoned off the DI and put on HLA, but that wouldn't really matter, since the UEVs are never a threat to my Sampire anyways. Between Jewelry, Cameo, and Jumu's Sacred Hide, i have 90% DI on gear.
    I would put extra HLD, even though it does not add directly to the 30 HLD on helmet. 50 + 30 HLD should add up to 60 plus HLD if I rem the formula correctly, and it’s still better than 30 imho.