Remove instant bandage cross-healing

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
The cross healing delay reduction with bandages is antiquated, unbalanced for 200+ dex (near instant) and should be removed. This is something extensively abused by non-legitimate players (multiboxers) via 3rd party client automation. I've not heard of any legitimate players using it extensively since the early Doom days where dozens of players stacked up and tanked the dark father. RP/lore wise doesn't make sense either. The need to cross heal has been mostly done away with modern templates and gear anyways and a few seconds on a cross heal doesn't matter. This only fuels multibox stacks of dozens of characters making them unkillable death balls.

Was running around on Deceit seeing how it's going on a couple of shards and as I ran passed several players I was instantly bandaged, so and so is healing you, lightning fast reflexes, ie, not humanly possible. I'm sure this is an option in the 3rd party clients, ya know those ones that @Mesanna refuses to do anything about. 

Healing others, or yourself, should all be the same time.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone else as bothered by other players as you are. It must be painful for you to even log in.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Every change you want to implement hurts legit players.  Self healing should be fast speed also. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,896
    I cross heal the poor sampires everyday 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    You know you can write a macro for EC that looks for the nearest player under 100% health, and then bandage them, then repeat that macro 100 times for each key press? Dont jump to conclusions that it is just 3rd party.
    Well first it get rid of CC because of following. Now get rid of EC because of bandage nearest.

What client is left after the OP gets his way?

Get rid of UO because there are other players.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Norry said:
    You know you can write a macro for EC that looks for the nearest player under 100% health, and then bandage them, then repeat that macro 100 times for each key press? Dont jump to conclusions that it is just 3rd party.
    Sure these are the same sampires that are just 'EC macros' running deceit 24/7  :D Good one

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited October 2022
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone else as bothered by other players as you are. It must be painful for you to even log in.
    Seems you're the one bothered cause you open your stupid mouth every post I make. Rent free. Must be painful to be as dumb as you are, but I guess ignorance is bliss?

Pawain said:
    Every change you want to implement hurts legit players.  Self healing should be fast speed also. 
    Yes all those legitimate players cross healing  :D We're back in 2002 boys!

edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    Well first it get rid of CC because of following. Now get rid of EC because of bandage nearest.

No one asked to get rid of the EC ever. If you took the time to read I am asking that the timer is put at the same timer as self heals.

If you weren't so interested in always post count +1' trolling, and took a moment to read instead of also typing your dumb reply immediately, it would be fantastic.

See I can too can type four individual replies back to back to post count +4! 

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited October 2022
    So folks can get something out of this thread, my simple CC x-heal macro is:

SelectNearest->Mobile
    Delay (I don't set an integer) 
    BandageTarget

I've got it bound to F1. F2 is self-bandage, Tilde is Primary Ability, 1 is secondary ability. 

I've got that set on any and every character that utilizes bandages and spaced like that they're all perfectly situated for where I keep my left hand.
    edited October 2022
    username said:
    Pawain said:

No one asked to get rid of the EC ever. If you took the time to read I am asking that the timer is put at the same timer as self heals.

If you weren't so interested in always post count +1' trolling, and took a moment to read instead of also typing your dumb reply immediately, it would be fantastic.

Sorry but the EC can do cross healing 100 times with one click. maybe you just ignore that fact to further your agenda.  i have used toons with healing in all these events.  just because you have to use an easy button swords Sampire does not mean all of us do.

Seems like you are also bothered by other peoples post counts, maybe single player games would suit you better.
    edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

Sorry but the EC can do cross healing 100 times with one click. maybe you just ignore that fact to further your agenda.  i have used toons with healing in all these events.  just because you have to use an easy button swords Sampire does not mean all of us do.

Seems like you are also bothered by other peoples post counts, maybe single player games would suit you better.
    Really, the EC can bandage me 100 times as I'm full mounted sprint past your character? Nope, try again.

What's my agenda? Benefiting legit players while hurting multiboxers? Fixing broken systems? Common sense changes that only hurt RMT players? Yeah, what an agenda!

Jepeth said:

SelectNearest->Mobile
    BandageTarget

I've got it bound to F1. F2 is self-bandage, Tilde is Primary Ability, 1 is secondary ability. 

I've got that set on any and every character that utilizes bandages and spaced like that they're all perfectly situated for where I keep my left hand.
    This doesn't work, and if you actually used it, you would know that. Case and point, I will point you to the dev M&G transcript where someone explains similar situations and the pitfalls of the CC's targetting system. That, or you just like bandaging monsters. 

edited October 2022
    read Norrys post. EC is a modifiable user interface.  I don't even use it but know you can repeat macros 100 times.  target nearest player below 100% health.  You run by and it bandages you.
  • username said:
    The cross healing delay reduction with bandages is antiquated, unbalanced for 200+ dex (near instant) and should be removed. This is something extensively abused by non-legitimate players (multiboxers) via 3rd party client automation. I've not heard of any legitimate players using it extensively since the early Doom days where dozens of players stacked up and tanked the dark father. RP/lore wise doesn't make sense either. The need to cross heal has been mostly done away with modern templates and gear anyways and a few seconds on a cross heal doesn't matter. This only fuels multibox stacks of dozens of characters making them unkillable death balls.
    Healing speed caps at 140 DEX. At 140 DEX, bandage self heals are 4 seconds, cross bandy heals are 2 seconds. While cross healing may be strong in situations where you're fighting one target (like Exodus, Corgul, Osiredon, or a Treasures Paragon), it fails against multiple foes like Champ spawns, especially ones that can spam Poison or Bleed.
    My Macer/Paladin outperforms Swords Sampires against Treasures Paragons (not to mention any foe with Corrupted Life), but they outperform him in Champ Spawns.
    edited October 2022
    username said:
    Jepeth said:

SelectNearest->Mobile
    BandageTarget

This doesn't work, and if you actually used it, you would know that. Case and point, I will point you to the dev M&G transcript where someone explains similar situations and the pitfalls of the CC's targetting system. That, or you just like bandaging monsters. 
    I do and it does? I was running up to folks at the EM event on Wednesday, using it to heal. I don't have the PVP targeting problems the whiner at the M&G had because I'm not trying to squeeze milliseconds out of this dinosaur game for a slight advantage. There are also targetnext and selectnext commands, too, if you need to cycle through things. The one I posted can find the target to heal, then you can BandageTarget, LastTarget. Or, as mentioned, plenty of elaborate ways to do it in the EC. 

Yes, plenty of folks are using 3rd party programs. There are, however, good options in the CC beyond dragging a bar and double clicking bandages that "legit" players use in 2022, not 2002.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    @Jepeth I have to agree with username 
    that macro does not work 
    as select nearest mobile brings up, dead pets, monsters, orange targets, red targets (summons), every mobile. 
    You’re healing orange players and monsters?

i do use select nearest and previous mobile to target in conjunction with select nearest hostile, and so I know just how many times I have to press those buttons before I get lucky and target something I want to target. As when you play a red you’ll know that is the only macro to target blue players.
    But I dunno maybe your red has more counts than my reds.

in order to target blue players you must use EC or download other client to play, they have not provided a means to play official classic client.

as much as I complain about the cheats, some people just want to play uo 2d so have to use cheat client just to play
    then they end up using all the cheats that come with it because why not…

as for the initial OP about crosshealing, the timesave is a little excessive, could perhaps be adjusted to give a 10 or 20% bandage time reduction compared to heal self instead”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    As I just said, I was using that macro just this past week. I'm sorry things don't work to y'alls expectations all the time. Learning to manage them seems more likely to happen than them changing the healing or macro systems.
    edited October 2022
    "it could just be that you're using this macro in an environment where the consequences are minimal for macro failure. you may for all i know just play in trammel, where you'll only receive a message that says cannot perform beneficial acts on your target if it targets the wrong target.

But for normal players, when you do this in fel, you would normally be instantly guard wacked, dry looted, in stat loss for 5 mins, and all your guild members log out for the night because you lost the match for them by making a stupid macro..

But i am interested to hear about how you have managed to use them, whereas i can't, i have learning difficulties but i'm all ears..

And please tell everyone who has downloaded third party clients that hey, you don't need to use that client anymore because you have the solution..."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    username said:

Was running around on Deceit seeing how it's going on a couple of shards and as I ran passed several players I was instantly bandaged, so and so is healing you, lightning fast reflexes, ie, not humanly possible. I'm sure this is an option in the 3rd party clients, ya know those ones that @ Mesanna refuses to do anything about. 

Healing others, or yourself, should all be the same time.
    I do not understand why, legittimate players who do not multibox nor script should be penalized to address multiboxers and scripters....

It comes to my mind the randomization of resources which was implemented, to my understanding, to address macroers and scripters but which ended up penalizing the most the legittimate players who neither macroed nor scripted the gathering of their resources but did it out of their time in the game....

Infact, to scripters it matters little that resources are randomized, they just let an AFK script run, quite automized.... sure, it will take more time to gather a given resource because of the randomization but why care since it is not their time that is being used but that of an automized script ?

Legittimate players, instead, who actually spend their time at the keyboard to gather those resources, have been greatly penalized since now, with the randomization of resources, they have to spend significantly more of their time mining or lumberjacking to gather that specific resource which they may need.

It would be much preferable, to my opinion, to address the multiboxing and scripting for good, rather then implementing these solutions which end up penalizing way more the legittimate player rather then those using what is against the TOS....
    Norry said:
    @Norry

Is there such a Macro also for the Classic Client or, for those using UOAssist, that would also work to heal the nearest player when under 100% health ?
    edited October 2022
    Jepeth said:

SelectNearest->Mobile
    BandageTarget

@Jepeth

Since I am looking for a bandage Macro that works in the Classic Client to heal other players, may I ask a question about your Macro ?

When you indicate " SelectNearest->Mobile " wouldn't the bandage macro also attempt to indiscriminatedly bandage heal "any mobile" that is near, whether an hostile (monster) or a friendly (player's character) ?

Isn't there a way to tell it to "only" bandage heal a nearest friendly player's character ?

Would those using UOAssist be able to make such a Macro for the Classic Client and, if so, how should it be done?

Thanks !
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ Jepeth I have to agree with username 
    that macro does not work 
    as select nearest mobile brings up, dead pets, monsters, orange targets, red targets (summons), every mobile. 
    You’re healing orange players and monsters?

i do use select nearest and previous mobile to target in conjunction with select nearest hostile, and so I know just how many times I have to press those buttons before I get lucky and target something I want to target. As when you play a red you’ll know that is the only macro to target blue players.
    But I dunno maybe your red has more counts than my reds.

in order to target blue players you must use EC or download other client to play, they have not provided a means to play official classic client.

as much as I complain about the cheats, some people just want to play uo 2d so have to use cheat client just to play
    then they end up using all the cheats that come with it because why not…

as for the initial OP about crosshealing, the timesave is a little excessive, could perhaps be adjusted to give a 10 or 20% bandage time reduction compared to heal self instead”

If it is as you say, then I must conclude that, contrary to the Enhanced Client where it is possible, as I understand, to make a Macro to bandage heal the nearest friendly, this ability is barred to Classic Client users....

@Kyronix , would it be possible to please correct this and also make the Classic Client be able to have a Macro to bandage the nearest friendly ?

@Yoshi , for those using the UOAssist UO approved program, would it be possible to compensate this shortcoming of the Classic Client and be able to make such a Macro to bandage heal the nearest friendly ?

Thanks !
    edited October 2022
    “you can store a pre-set target if you plan on cross healing a pre-set character, but nothing that I know of on UOA to help with targeting on the field.

In case anyone is in any doubt, let me be clear.
    CC targeting issues are the main reasons and always have been the main reasons why people download alternative clients and force other guild members to do so. I know at least 3 guilds where they will kick you out of the guild if you are affected by CC targeting bugs. This has been going on for years. Reported over half a dozen times. Constantly ignored, I think at this point you could reasonably conclude they want people to download other client. “
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I wlll say only this before I lock this troll fest.
    1. Cross healing is not 'instant' there is a 2 second timer

2. I, on my non-sampire warrior character, have used cross healing on players who I have joined in with when fighting a paragon poison elemental or ossein ram. My macro is a fairly straight forward 'target nearest friendly' 'bandage selected target' set in the default EC UI