Will the log out delay also fix

The issue with being dismounted when logging back on ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Do you have a macro to dismount yourself?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Nope it happens on my tamers and warriors multiple accounts every variety of pet swamp, beetle,cu etc 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Which client?  I use the CC with no add-ons and have NEVER had this happen to me.
    EC I've mentioned it before and others have reported it as well 
  • It essentially shows you mounting whatever you are riding when logging into the EC. Been this way a long time.  when you log in you will be beside your mount and then jump on it to ride, this happens even with an ethy
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

So are you really dismounted or is it a fluke with the EC not showing you mounted?
    Really dismounted 
    So you have watched yourself with another account and the EC dismounts you then logs you off or when you log on you can see yourself dismounted with another account and then the EC mounts you.  I find it hard to believe that the EC dismounts people when they log off and then auto mounts them when they log on and why is it only some EC users and not all EC users, is this a feature with Pinco?  What if you are on a loaded beatle, do you lose the beatle
    edited October 2022
    “I am a little bit confused about this new delay logging out, I never heard of anyone losing a pet by logging out from a safe location. 
    Must be something technical server side, but looks like they discovered something so that’s good news.

I’m too busy to test but would be great if it also prevented people logging out outside of safe locations to prevent their pets dying
    aka cheating”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I just loaded 2 EC accounts and logged one off and on a few times. The mounted one stays on his mount when he disappears.  When the mounted one comes online he is standing next to the mount and he remounts.  Its weird.  Now my eyes are burning and cant play...

But it seems they stayed mounted in pixel land but is not mounted when they return, but they get back on.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2022
    “doesn’t really tell us much, I’d have logged one char in/out on EC and observed from the other char on CC”
    It essentially shows you mounting whatever you are riding when logging into the EC. Been this way a long time.  when you log in you will be beside your mount and then jump on it to ride, this happens even with an ethy
    Should have read this before I blinded myself.  If you remount the ethy you never were really unmounted.  Its just a weird mounting thing EC does when they log on.
  • Yoshi said:
    “doesn’t really tell us much, I’d have logged one char in/out on EC and observed from the other char on CC”
    I did this and you only see this in the EC client. in the CC client you just see the character appear already on the mount. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yoshi said:
    That's why I said it seems the player stays mounted in pixel land. And it's just some weird mounting animation in EC when they log on.

If they really dismounted at log off, there would be scores of missing beetles from crafters and others.
  • RomRom Posts: 51
    Yoshi said:
    “I am a little bit confused about this new delay logging out, I never heard of anyone losing a pet by logging out from a safe location. 
    Must be something technical server side, but looks like they discovered something so that’s good news.

I’m too busy to test but would be great if it also prevented people logging out outside of safe locations to prevent their pets dying
    aka cheating”
    This was the exact issue I reported maybe a month ago and which you provided commentary on.
    edited October 2022
    “ no @Rom you’re the guy that wouldn’t answer any questions or give info about how to reproduce the issue that you could apparently reproduce.
    also last time I checked papua bank was not a safe logout location….unless the banker has co-owned you to his bank…
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11038/pet-disappears-working-as-intended/p3

Yoshi said:
    “ no @ Rom you’re the guy that wouldn’t answer any questions or give info about how to reproduce the issue that you could apparently reproduce.
    also last time I checked papua bank was not a safe logout location….unless the banker has co-owned you to his bank…
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11038/pet-disappears-working-as-intended/p3

Sure seems like the issue had merit as it is now being acted upon. Also, not certain your recollection is correct as I remember answering quite a few questions, including your presumptive victim blaming ones.

Cheers guy.
    edited October 2022
    “you’re confusing me with someone else I think,

I only asked questions that you refused to answer.

maybe papua bank is a logout spot it might share an inn or something I’ll check it out when I’m next on.
    but if you managed to share your repro info with the dev team then that is good, since you didn’t share any info with us”
    Yoshi said:
    “you’re confusing me with someone else I think,

I only asked questions that you refused to answer.

maybe papua bank is a logout spot it might share an inn or something I’ll check it out when I’m next on.
    but if you managed to share your repro info with the dev team then that is good, since you didn’t share any info with us”
    There are literally responses from me to you, quoting you, that remain in the thread. There were also more back and forth exchanges which do not remain. I responded to most all your questions that were not already answered, so not sure why you are making false statements. Again, please do not slander me.
    edited October 2022
    “I do not know your race/gender/ethnicity nor care for it so you’re going to struggle to target me with your 
    I’m offended bomb”
    Yoshi said:
    “I do not know your race/gender/ethnicity nor care for it so you’re going to struggle to target me with your 
    I’m offended bomb”
    Look up the definition of slander:
    "no @ Rom you’re the guy that wouldn’t answer any questions or give info..."
    "“you’re confusing me with someone else I think,
    I only asked questions that you refused to answer."

These are outright false statements that cause reputational harm. Try not doing that...
    edited October 2022
    "my reading/comprehension skills are not very good.
    So here was the summary of your report (that i understood):

I logged out at the champ
    i didn't log out at the champ i logged out at bank

me: where was your pet when you logged out? at the champ or next to you.
    no response

I don't remember what happened.
    My pet dissapears all the time, when i enter despise.
    me: you mean trammel or fel? cos if it's trammel it's supposed to
    no response

quit hating on me, reported, i am victim you victim blamer

weirdest bug report i ever had the misfortune of reading

oh and i checked papua bank, not a safe logout spot"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Yoshi&; @Rom Can you take your personal issues to DM please and get this thread back on topic? Thank you
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Aww @Mariah c'mon it was somewhat entertaining  :D
     :D