Deceit : "You cannot receive a gift because you are dead"... resurrect, still no gift ?

What gives, @Kyronix ?

I was fighting in Deceit, died to overwhelming spawn and, I see on my screen, a message telling me something of the like that I could not receive a gift because I was dead.... I was due for a ToT Artifact drop, it looks like, but being dead, the game could not award it to me....

OK, no biggie, I thought, I will resurrect, and the ToT Artifact drop will then come to my backpack upon resurrecting....

Well, not at all !!

Sure enough, my backpack had no gift right after getting resurrected....

Mind you, I DID go to the NPC outside the Dungeon, thinking I might have received a ring hidden under something else in my backpack which I could not see and, sure enough, upon double clicking the NPC outside of the dungeon, ZERO ToT Artifact drop on me was present to be turned in to the NPC guy....

So, even though I was bound to get a ToT Artifact drop which I could not get because dead, the system did NOT give it to me upon resurrecting....

Bottom line is, I was deprived by the game of my drop.

It ain't funny, please correct this and make it so that, if a drop cannot be awarded because one is dead, upon resurrecting the drop WILL show up in one's own backpack rather then getting lost.

Thank you.

Comments

• DcBarnumDcBarnum Posts: 15
    edited October 2022
    did you happen to log in and out while you were a ghost? I receive this message on my account that has vet rewards to claim every time I log in as a ghost. It may have something to do with the vet reward system being activated. not sure if you can claim vet gifts while dead? 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Didn't this happen to you before? You shouldn't get drops while dead or I'd park my Triton somewhere and stay as a ghost to get drops.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This is years old
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    vortex said:
    Didn't this happen to you before? You shouldn't get drops while dead or I'd park my Triton somewhere and stay as a ghost to get drops.
    I do not discuss not being able to get a ToT Artifact drop when dead but, I would expect to then receive it once I resurrect....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I thought we read this complaint somewhere. Ding ding... round 2...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Do you get few drops that this is even an issue?   You could have had another 5 drops in the time it takes you to complain 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:
    vortex said:
    I do not discuss not being able to get a ToT Artifact drop when dead but, I would expect to then receive it once I resurrect....
    Smh you just don't get it...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    popps said:

Bottom line is, I was deprived by the game of my drop.

Backpack drops used to have an order of checks. (don't quote me on this now)
    If alive drop goes into pack
    If dead drop checks for corpse
    If corpse=yes drop goes there
    If corpse=no you lose your roll

Either way this isn't some once in a lifetime event rare. It takes less than 5 minutes to proc another drop. 

A very wise player once shared his wisdom with me on how to better my game. He said "once you learn to live you can then learn to play". 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I thought this one sounded familiar too. It is.

Popps maybe review your posts so you don't repeat anything more for this discussion.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Marge said:
    I thought this one sounded familiar too. It is.

Popps maybe review your posts so you don't repeat anything more for this discussion.
    Yup and that was locked.

@Mariah @Rorschach
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed since the previous thread.
This discussion has been closed.