if your an archer be warned

Was in deciet attacking stuff and all of a sudden i could no longer do any damage, tried relogging teleporting out nothing worked, so i paged a GM and they said i been flagged for being afk and i can no longer do damage, well this is BS i was not afk i been at my screen the whole time, i never got a message from a GM or nothing, so appears they are just goin around randomly tagging people, probably because they are to dam lazy to find out if the person is really AFK or not.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2022
    What shard?  They say this lasts 30min.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    God good just killing a paragon spectral armor takes 3 minutes are we gonna get flagged 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Maybe some guy just parked inside a room, doesn't move and missed a GM response.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I just tested my Archer/bard today.  The way I run all over the place, a GM would need to be fired.  Cossack was a victim to my spasms. He did well on the paragons I was leading around and stealing back when I returned.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Maybe a new guy, and was told to flag anyone who keep repeating whatever they are doing..   :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited October 2022
    Think a couple times spells did not cast when I hit the macro key.  Figured it was just another bug maybe I should have called a EM.  Sounds like they are activity looking for those everyone was complaining about.
  • daradara Posts: 19
    Whitewolf said:
    Was in deciet attacking stuff and all of a sudden i could no longer do any damage, tried relogging teleporting out nothing worked, so i paged a GM and they said i been flagged for being afk and i can no longer do damage, well this is BS i was not afk i been at my screen the whole time, i never got a message from a GM or nothing, so appears they are just goin around randomly tagging people, probably because they are to dam lazy to find out if the person is really AFK or not.
    Same thing happened to me on my tamer.
    edited October 2022
    Certain attacks require you to stand still.  I use death ray and,to leech mana, wraith form.  You can’t move when you are using the death ray.  Rams take awhile.  So do bosses. You don’t have time to look at the message board during fights.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It takes me over 5 minutes to kill a para ram or poison ele just standing there healing pet with bandages I've yet to be mistaken for being afk
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    It takes me over 5 minutes to kill a para ram or poison ele just standing there healing pet with bandages I've yet to be mistaken for being afk
    Exactly why we need more info on these specific circumstances. First this may only be an Atlantic thing.  Unless someone specifically pages on you on another server.
    Think there is a new bug here too.  Every once in awhile in Deceit my mage just stops doing damage.  Enemy is targeted, spell is cast, nothing happens.  Happens when I am being chased by several things.  Effect only lasts a short time.  Sometimes I get killed sometimes not.  Would have thought is was just me and not written but it has been mentioned so many times just wanted to confirm it happens.  Think this issue is different from the afk issue also being discussed.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    I just tested my Archer/bard today.  The way I run all over the place, a GM would need to be fired.  Cossack was a victim to my spasms. He did well on the paragons I was leading around and stealing back when I returned.

Yeah, that's because, unlike most of LS, I don't start mashing the panic button when I see a Paragon of anything.  I know how to approach them and keep myself alive, though it isn't foolproof & I can die to certain mobs.  The main issue with the playerbase on LS is that you're used to doing things your way and don't account for others.  So I have to be even more attentive - I'm dealing with Paragons that randomly re-target already (when their Ilshenar counterparts don't), then people running by cause OTHER Paragons to target me/I have to chase down my pet because people only think about themselves.  And you wonder why I ***** so much in gen chat on LS.
    drcossack said:
    Pawain said:

Yeah, that's because, unlike most of LS, I don't start mashing the panic button when I see a Paragon of anything.  I know how to approach them and keep myself alive, though it isn't foolproof & I can die to certain mobs.  The main issue with the playerbase on LS is that you're used to doing things your way and don't account for others.  So I have to be even more attentive - I'm dealing with Paragons that randomly re-target already (when their Ilshenar counterparts don't), then people running by cause OTHER Paragons to target me/I have to chase down my pet because people only think about themselves.  And you wonder why I ***** so much in gen chat on LS.
    Dollar is back!  I know you missed him!  Chat will be fun again!