Events are pretty much for Samps and Archers

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
     :D 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited October 2022
    So a Rogue with EV scrolls can get drops in Deceit.  I guess what @popps is missing is going to the dungeon and playing.  Or use his rogue and get the Titan Statues from Khaldun and selling those for drops.

Come to LS with your rogue and Ill buy the Statues for 200M each paying on your shard.  Our drops are selling for 2M per, so that is 100 points.  I have the Stratos one already, so need the other 3.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Not gonna lie being a pally/macer is almost criminally powerful 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Uo has no class, or can we say we have 7 class in one? stealing, magery, sword, cooking, camping, mining, and taming - what class is this? Just not effective. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Uo has no class, or can we say we have 7 class in one? stealing, magery, sword, cooking, camping, mining, and taming - what class is this? Just not effective. 
    I almost feel challenged to make this exact character because it could earn 50 drops..
    any class can do this can we just lock this so we don't resort to insulting pops further?

any 
    I think tamer has a better advantage as it can wear a full luck suit and spam area spells over the wall and around corners. Warriors can't wear full luck suit and need to fight hand-to-hand combat.

Its over powered.
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    any class can do this can we just lock this so we don't resort to insulting pops further?

any 
    I think it might be good idea to add stealing skill (just one rogue skill) to one of the 6 skills and let us random steal from the monsters while we hack and slash.

Its like a lottery, so maybe out of 10 tries we get one drop from stealing  :D
  • usernameusername Posts: 698
    Events are pretty much for BOTTED samps and archers

There, fixed it for ya.

#makedropsaccountbound
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I've gotten 0 drops, because my participation % is 0...and I'm ok with that..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • McDougle said:
    Not gonna lie being a pally/macer is almost criminally powerful 

Told you guys. Been using my Macer/Paladin since Treasures of the Undead Lords (Oct 2020) for farming these events. Would see Swords Sampires running and screaming from the Paragons, as i'd take on a Para Ram and Para LL at the same time, or Para WW and Para OL (Tears of the Ice Dragon) at the same time. Stagger is very powerful for reducing the opponent's damage output which lets Bandy healing keep up, especially when combined with a Hit Fatigue Wep.
    edited October 2022
    Can I get as many drops per hour as better players like Merus and Merlin?  No
    Can I get enough drops before the end of the event to equip all my characters and help friends equip their's? Yes
    Am I having fun in the event? Heck yes!
    So, am I going to get bent out of shape because someone is a better player, or has a more suitable template than I?  Not a chance. I don't care if someone is getting more drops than me. Why do you?  
    Its not just about the drops, but the pathetic spawn rate when few players are around on Low Pop shards. Spawn rate affects fun from both the (fighting) activitiy and reward.

Honestly @Kyronix ;
    Shard bound and Spawn rate based on players are disastrous for small, low pop shard.

Champ Spawn, Shadowguard etc offers more fighting satisfaction and blood shed with good drops too even though they are rather Stale at this point.

I still don't understand the logic of why shard bound would help low pop shard. Without it, I would rather go to a Hi Pop shard to farm and bring back to my Low Pop Shard.

@ Shard Bound Supporters - this is a crap design for Low Pop Shard. How about removing this so that We can now Farm on Hi PoP and Bring Back To Low Pop instead. Its so hard to get them on Low pop and you are afraid players farm on low and bring to high pop shard to sell?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    So a Rogue with EV scrolls can get drops in Deceit.  I guess what @ popps is missing is going to the dungeon and playing.  Or use his rogue and get the Titan Statues from Khaldun and selling those for drops.

Come to LS with your rogue and Ill buy the Statues for 200M each paying on your shard.  Our drops are selling for 2M per, so that is 100 points.  I have the Stratos one already, so need the other 3.
    The gameplay of a Rogue, to my viewing, is not casting Energy Vortexes a go-go but, instead, locating hidden chests, opening their locks, removing their traps, looting them or, stealing from monsters....

Same with a Bard, sure, they can cast spells....but their gameplay, as I see it, is not casting spells but, using Provocation, Peacemaking and Discordance....

When I talk about wanting to see as added Design that was to promote more types of Templates being usable in the ToT Events, I am talking about these templates being used according to "their" specific set of skills, not using "side" skills.....
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:
    So a Rogue with EV scrolls can get drops in Deceit.  I guess what @ popps is missing is going to the dungeon and playing.  Or use his rogue and get the Titan Statues from Khaldun and selling those for drops.

The gameplay of a Rogue, to my viewing, is not casting Energy Vortexes a go-go but, instead, locating hidden chests, opening their locks, removing their traps, looting them or, stealing from monsters....

Same with a Bard, sure, they can cast spells....but their gameplay, as I see it, is not casting spells but, using Provocation, Peacemaking and Discordance....

When I talk about wanting to see as added Design that was to promote more types of Templates being usable in the ToT Events, I am talking about these templates being used according to "their" specific set of skills, not using "side" skills.....
    Why do you keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about rogues

YOU CANT USE THEM WITH PARAGONS IN DUNGEONS

You will NOT get the drops rates required in these types of events

Surely you can park the rogue for a few weeks.

I bet you dont even use the rogue during event downtimes do you?

No, of course you dont  you are on here writing novels
    edited October 2022
    Seth said:
    I think tamer has a better advantage as it can wear a full luck suit and spam area spells over the wall and around corners. Warriors can't wear full luck suit and need to fight hand-to-hand combat.

Its over powered.
    If so, then how come that a Dexer is the most yielding ToT Artifacts drops of all possible templates and, this, also by far ?

Clearly, at least to my impression, itis because the underlying code was Designed to assign to number of kills and to change of location the highest weight in regards to the rate of getting drops.

A Design choice which, consequentially, has awarded to Dexers the high ToT Artifacts drops rate that can enjoy as compared to other Templates.

If the Designers had chosen "other" factors to weight in to determine the drop rate, things might have gone differently and, perhaps, "other" Templates would have been more succesfull in terms of the ToT Artifacts' drops rate or, at least, get close or equal to Dexers in terms of how many drops per hour that they can get.

This is the argument that I am trying to raise, the choice of what factors and with what weight the Developers seem to have chosen so far to determine the rate or drops for templates.

Changing this, hopefully, could lead to more templates being played by players and no longer seeing the monotony of Dexers being "THE" template to use if a player wants to be efficient and maximize on drops rate...... perhaps, because they have limited time to participate to the event and, therefore, they need to maximize their drops' rate for the short time that they can log in....

Oddily enough, seeing the many Dexers being used by players in the Deceit Dungeon, it looks to me as if most players pick Dexers, rather then other templates....

How odd.... shouldn't this perhaps hint that something in the Design of how ToT Artifacts' drops are awarded might be skewed and imbalanced and needs a serious adjustment to increase the diversification of the types of templates being used to add variety to players' gameplay ?
    edited October 2022
    Seth said:
    Can I get enough drops before the end of the event to equip all my characters and help friends equip their's? Yes
    So, am I going to get bent out of shape because someone is a better player, or has a more suitable template than I?  Not a chance. I don't care if someone is getting more drops than me. Why do you?  
    Its not just about the drops, but the pathetic spawn rate when few players are around on Low Pop shards. Spawn rate affects fun from both the (fighting) activitiy and reward.

Honestly @ Kyronix 
    Shard bound and Spawn rate based on players are disastrous for small, low pop shard.

Champ Spawn, Shadowguard etc offers more fighting satisfaction and blood shed with good drops too even though they are rather Stale at this point.

I still don't understand the logic of why shard bound would help low pop shard. Without it, I would rather go to a Hi Pop shard to farm and bring back to my Low Pop Shard.

@ Shard Bound Supporters - this is a crap design for Low Pop Shard. How about removing this so that We can now Farm on Hi PoP and Bring Back To Low Pop instead. Its so hard to get them on Low pop and you are afraid players farm on low and bring to high pop shard to sell?
    Shard Bound is a blessing come true for low population Shards because it gets those items generated on those Shards stay on those shards and this, combined with Commission Vendors which do not charge per day but only at the time of the sale, ensures that those items move around the economy of those Shards and can always be found on those Shards sitting on those Commission Vendors until someone who needs them searches for them on Vendor Search.

Not making them Shard Bound would only get them to be transferred to Atlantic, likely, and be nowhere to be found on that low population Shard.

Personally, I am totally sold for Shard Bound items, so much, that I even proposed to the Developers to introduce a mechanics for players to actually be able to "tag" items as Shard Bound if they wished so so as to further be able to help the economies of their Shards by restricting items that they possess to "stay" on their Shard....
  • POPPS.  they wont change the game to suit YOU

why is this so hard for you to understand?????

IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN, park the stupid rogue until event is over
    popps said:
    Seth said:

Honestly @ Kyronix 

Shard Bound is a blessing come true for low population Shards because it gets those items generated on those Shards stay on those shards and this, combined with Commission Vendors which do not charge per day but only at the time of the sale, ensures that those items move around the economy of those Shards and can always be found on those Shards sitting on those Commission Vendors until someone who needs them searches for them on Vendor Search.

Not making them Shard Bound would only get them to be transferred to Atlantic, likely, and be nowhere to be found on that low population Shard.

Personally, I am totally sold for Shard Bound items, so much, that I even proposed to the Developers to introduce a mechanics for players to actually be able to "tag" items as Shard Bound if they wished so so as to further be able to help the economies of their Shards by restricting items that they possess to "stay" on their Shard....
    Its faster to farm rewards in high pop shard as they drop faster due to more players and spawns. So now we should farm at Atlantic and then bring back own shard.

Btw, many players that buy in Atlantic also do that to ship back to own shard because they don't have enough of them. It's not for Atlantic players who already has the mass of goods to buy from.

Shard bound is destroying low pop shard.
    edited October 2022
    popps said:
    Seth said:

Its over powered.
    If so, then how come that a Dexer is the most yielding ToT Artifacts drops of all possible templates and, this, also by far ?

Clearly, at least to my impression, itis because the underlying code was Designed to assign to number of kills and to change of location the highest weight in regards to the rate of getting drops.

A Design choice which, consequentially, has awarded to Dexers the high ToT Artifacts drops rate that can enjoy as compared to other Templates.

If the Designers had chosen "other" factors to weight in to determine the drop rate, things might have gone differently and, perhaps, "other" Templates would have been more succesfull in terms of the ToT Artifacts' drops rate or, at least, get close or equal to Dexers in terms of how many drops per hour that they can get.

This is the argument that I am trying to raise, the choice of what factors and with what weight the Developers seem to have chosen so far to determine the rate or drops for templates.

Changing this, hopefully, could lead to more templates being played by players and no longer seeing the monotony of Dexers being "THE" template to use if a player wants to be efficient and maximize on drops rate...... perhaps, because they have limited time to participate to the event and, therefore, they need to maximize their drops' rate for the short time that they can log in....

Oddily enough, seeing the many Dexers being used by players in the Deceit Dungeon, it looks to me as if most players pick Dexers, rather then other templates....

How odd.... shouldn't this perhaps hint that something in the Design of how ToT Artifacts' drops are awarded might be skewed and imbalanced and needs a serious adjustment to increase the diversification of the types of templates being used to add variety to players' gameplay ?
    @popps I don't read 100% of your post anymore, as you are too stubborn to read others replies at the beginning of this thread and the past TOT threads. There are other options. If you really dislike Dexer so much, can try Aoe tamer mages. I ever used just a tamer sw mage with Cu to farm at Atlantic during the first deceit tot - thunderstorm. Should read what others like Pawain and McDougal wrote, I also tried others suggestion at times.
  • Seth said:
    popps said:
    Seth said:

Its over powered.

@ popps I don't read 100% of your post anymore, as you are too stubborn to read others replies at the beginning of this thread and the past TOT threads. 
    No need to read them again, they're the same ones repeated Ad Nauseam. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• HippoHippo Posts: 276
    Each account has 6-7 character slots. Is the OP making 6-7 Tamers and never making an Archer or a thrower or melee fighter?

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited October 2022
    Current situation.
    All Trammel. All Dexxers.
    Going to get boring.

Would be nice to see some mages.
    I agree with Dara, and maybe even Popps in this sense.
    Some of the other expected PvM templates, should in fact be able to PvM, not suggesting the stupid classes like Cooks, Tailors etc, but a Tamer, or a Mage should be able to PvM equally to a Sampire.

On the positive side, the event itself is fun, and the rewards are amazing, love the gloves, which ironically are possibly the best mage gloves ever, it would be nice to give mages some content now. :)
    edited October 2022
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Why do you keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about rogues

YOU CANT USE THEM WITH PARAGONS IN DUNGEONS

You will NOT get the drops rates required in these types of events

Surely you can park the rogue for a few weeks.

I bet you dont even use the rogue during event downtimes do you?

No, of course you dont  you are on here writing novels
    Hi Jack,

I'm going to respond for Popps here.

I have a pvm rogue that I really enjoy playing - when is the last time I ever used him in game content, or event content?

(Ok, I've not played for a year, but even then I dont remember any rogue content)..

I think the point here, is within this event, it would be nice if there were some rogue content also. They have done it sometimes - Khaldun - Kotl - 2 of the more succesful ones I remember - but the point is, this is pretty Dexxer dominated.

He does not mean a Rogue should be able to go out there and slay 1000 monsters, he is asking for some rogue-play within the content. Not everyone wants to play a Dexxer the whole time.

You say surely he can park the Rogue for a few weeks... ? When is the last time a Rogue was ever used in content, you are possibly talking a few years more like. Although I am aware they do sometimes sneak turn on rogue content during other events, but it is not well known. Please feel free to list all Dexxer content, and all Rogue content over the last 5 years, so I can understand just how long I need to park the rogue for?

And I'm not having a go at the Devs here, I know it is hard to put in content, sometimes the playerbase are just as guilty of only having 1 perspective. Remember the Felucca anniversary drop, where rogues could steal them, and the player base went ballistic? The game should not revolve around dexxers.
    Cookie said:
    Hi Jack,

I'm going to respond for Popps here.

I have a pvm rogue that I really enjoy playing - when is the last time I ever used him in game content, or event content?

(Ok, I've not played for a year, but even then I dont remember any rogue content)..

I think the point here, is within this event, it would be nice if there were some rogue content also. They have done it sometimes - Khaldun - Kotl - 2 of the more succesful ones I remember - but the point is, this is pretty Dexxer dominated.

He does not mean a Rogue should be able to go out there and slay 1000 monsters, he is asking for some rogue-play within the content. Not everyone wants to play a Dexxer the whole time.

You say surely he can park the Rogue for a few weeks... ? When is the last time a Rogue was ever used in content, you are possibly talking a few years more like. Although I am aware they do sometimes sneak turn on rogue content during other events, but it is not well known. Please feel free to list all Dexxer content, and all Rogue content over the last 5 years, so I can understand just how long I need to park the rogue for?

And I'm not having a go at the Devs here, I know it is hard to put in content, sometimes the playerbase are just as guilty of only having 1 perspective. Remember the Felucca anniversary drop, where rogues could steal them, and the player base went ballistic? The game should not revolve around dexxers.
    THIS ! 

*presses the LIKE button*
  • I also have a rogue and he is relaxing right now,  maybe you and Popps here can suggest how you propose to get a thief into a fast paced paragon dungeon.

Popps has been moaning about this for as long as I remember, and thus far refuses to suggest a resolution to his problem that does not propose to ruin the content for everyone else just to suit him

WE are STILL waiting for any sensible suggestions form him, we only ever get flannel and deflection
    I also have a rogue and he is relaxing right now,  maybe you and Popps here can suggest how you propose to get a thief into a fast paced paragon dungeon.

Popps has been moaning about this for as long as I remember, and thus far refuses to suggest a resolution to his problem that does not propose to ruin the content for everyone else just to suit him

WE are STILL waiting for any sensible suggestions form him, we only ever get flannel and deflection
    If you think about the paragons revealing, that was only done to combat Tamers with hiding, afking and allowing their pets to collect drops. That is a case of 1 fix, breaks another playstyle.

I'd try for another fix. Then as I said, Khaldun was very cool, and Kotl was ok, there are other areas that have had good stuff designed, that could be refurbed - Doom, Wrong etc. Wind could have something good put into it also.
    edited October 2022
    I also have a rogue and he is relaxing right now,  maybe you and Popps here can suggest how you propose to get a thief into a fast paced paragon dungeon.

How about.....

These posts

November 2020
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49497/#Comment_49497
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49758/#Comment_49758
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49447/#Comment_49447

September 2021
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/62629/#Comment_62629

September 2022
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81951/#Comment_81951
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81805/#Comment_81805

What is most astonishing to me, is that, according to this post by @Kyronix dated September 2018

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/12128/#Comment_12128

He said :  "One of my favorite templates to play is my thief and using telekinesis scrolls always felt pretty lame whilst dungeon crawling."

Now, if Kyronix likes playing a thief in UO, how come that, for the ToT Events we have yet to see a dedicated gameplay loop for Rogues to get their TOT Artifacts either from Hidden Chests or from stealing from Monsters in the ToT Events Dungeons ?

Go figure....
    popps said:

How about.....

These posts

November 2020
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49497/#Comment_49497
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49758/#Comment_49758
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/49447/#Comment_49447

September 2021
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/62629/#Comment_62629

September 2022
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81951/#Comment_81951
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81805/#Comment_81805

What is most astonishing to me, is that, according to this post by @ Kyronix dated September 2018

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/12128/#Comment_12128

He said :  "One of my favorite templates to play is my thief and using telekinesis scrolls always felt pretty lame whilst dungeon crawling."

Now, if Kyronix likes playing a thief in UO, how come that, for the ToT Events we have yet to see a dedicated gameplay loop for Rogues to get their TOT Artifacts either from Hidden Chests or from stealing from Monsters in the ToT Events Dungeons ?

Go figure....
    Ok let's say you can find drops in chest how often? As in  how is the drop figured? you must pick 124 chest to earn enough points for a drop ? Do different chest increase your point value based on monsters surrounding it ? IF  you want something you have to have suggestions, firm clear thought out ideas to sell not just why can't my thief play 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:

Ok let's say you can find drops in chest how often? As in  how is the drop figured? you must pick 124 chest to earn enough points for a drop ? Do different chest increase your point value based on monsters surrounding it ? IF  you want something you have to have suggestions, firm clear thought out ideas to sell not just why can't my thief play 

They absolutely nailed it, and got it right in Treasures of Khaldun, and to a lesser extent, Kotl.

I think the drop rate was 1 every 6 chests detected and unlocked, that takes longer than you can imagine, so it was less than PvMers, but you still felt you were able to involve your rogue. The drop was in the chest itself.

They also gave decent resource drops, and a mega rare set of 4 Titan Statues, unique for the rogues, which were really great art, and I completely failed on, but that doesnt get rid of the fact it was really good content. Kotl had cards of Semidar as their flavour drop.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Why can’t my archer grow the Christmas tree during the artisan festival? Unfair.