Deceit Dungeon Event Has Ruined Community Due To Scripting.

Pre-Event, hopes were high for people to gather together and quest for glory. Things like champs, dungeons, high-end bosses, Roof etc. all required teamwork and to a degree, friendship. 

I had hoped this Halloween deceit event would highlight this, and our banners would be held high along with our sword arms. 

But alas, the dungeon is chocked with he avatars of multiple, multiboxing, super-speeded, afk scripters going through everything quicker than curry through a week old baby. 

The community suffers,a s everyone is there, and whilst that would be OK, a percentage are AFK and taking from those of us who are truley there. 

I'm not saying IN the dungeon teamwork would be better, as  it seems the rate drops maybe prove... i get it. but because of it, not only are we not doing other stuff together, but WORSE we're not doing stuff together all the while being AFK!

I know not how to address this issue. A grand idea has turned into a joke. I thank my true friends who helped me out and I wish any other stout warriors good fortune in the coming weeks. 
Tagged:

Comments

• CadyCady Posts: 21
    Why are you feeding curry to an infant?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Is this your first event?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    One reason I wont live on Atlantic.  Whether this post is true or not.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Do you report them ? Have you missed people saying they are being punished?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Should stop creating repeated threads but add to existing. @Rorschach @Mariah

When its obvious to lock for posting duplicate thread within such a short time frame and yet we don't see action. Why can't he just post on existing thread with same subject.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    edited October 2022
    Poor sweet naive child.

I remember years ago posting about sampire bots running around in the original re-ToTs of Doom/Of the Cult, Sorc Dungeon/Enchanted Origin, Eodon/KOTL, etc. "Nope", everyone said, "didn't see a single sampire bot in any of them." Well, I saw them, kinda hard to miss.

The gaslighting got worse in Wildfire, Hythloth, and yet still most people said, "nope, not a problem, don't see them". See for yourself: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9597/anything-going-to-be-done-about-the-sampires-running-on-atlantic-hythloth-24-7#latest

The gaslight turned to full max and a lot of people still didn't see them in Destard. I was one of the earliest to call for the end to EJs in ToTs: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10619/stop-allowing-ejs-being-able-to-earn-tot-drops#latest ;

Gaslight over 9000 when I was the first person to call that people were duping eggs somehow for the Destard ToT: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10659/has-anyone-noticed-this-on-several-shards-the-egg-vendor-quest-sound-is-constantly-playing#latest

Yet, to this day, I'm the crazy one. sigh

I'm just happy now people finally see them and are becoming disenfranchised as much as I am. They trivialize the content and make the drops worth far less if they would actually do something about them. I've seen drops on vendors <2m each. A lot of people will say that's a good thing, BUT, to all the legitimate players trying to compete and sell to make a few gold? I'd imagine you are one of these players and it's not worth it trying to compete with 23/7 army of bots. I get it.

Two recommendations:

a.) don't support the store with potions purchases.
    b.) don't purchase the ToT items off anyone you don't personally know is not a cheater.

Unfortunately, most of the encounters you referred to in your original post are botted also https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6895/shadowguard-and-doom-being-endlessly-scripted#latest but oh wait, being gaslit again because I have no evidence despite that evidence being plastered all over youtube where a guy shows his Shadowguard script playing multiple characters.

Anyways, enjoy your time playing the game!
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:

All the links are threads made by you. :D

So the answer is yes?
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    Pawain said:
    username said:

So the answer is yes?
    That was kinda the point? You ok?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    username said:

So the answer is yes?

your lack of knowledge about anything related to UO is showing.  Again.  Just because it doesn't happen on LS doesn't mean it isn't happening; the only reason it doesn't happen there is because everyone plays tamers for everything.  Unless there's no reason to, like the Destard ToT event; not every ToT is going to have dexers be the ideal template - Destard was a good example of that (although they could work.)  Why do you think my setup for Destard was Wraith Form Earthquake spam?  I had it looped to go off every 3 seconds.  I never ran out of mana and I pulled over 100 drops per hour if I had a Glorious Fortune potion active.  I'm on a dual monitor setup so it's no problem for me to constantly keep tabs on my character, but I was essentially afk farming for those couple days.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “When I stopped the scripting on Atl I received complaints from multiple people in my guild who were scripting.
    Seems you can’t please anyone”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Seth said:
    Should stop creating repeated threads but add to existing. @ Rorschach @ Mariah

When its obvious to lock for posting duplicate thread within such a short time frame and yet we don't see action. Why can't he just post on existing thread with same subject.

While I agree that you don't need multiple threads about it, the fact that thy exist should be pretty telling.  But the devs refuse to do anything about it.  They supposedly take action against accounts but it's meaningless until they start going after paid accounts and actually keeping them banned like they used to.
    edited October 2022
    drcossack said:
    Seth said:

While I agree that you don't need multiple threads about it, the fact that thy exist should be pretty telling.  But the devs refuse to do anything about it.  They supposedly take action against accounts but it's meaningless until they start going after paid accounts and actually keeping them banned like they used to.
    I did not refute the facts that they existed and I fully support the request for Dev to take action.

But there is already a whole list of backlogs of issues waiting for their action. And if everyone post one new thread for each issue the whole forum would be a mess. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    drcossack said:
    Seth said:

I did not refute the facts that they existed and I fully support the request for Dev to take action.

But there is already a whole list of backlogs of issues waiting for their action. And if everyone post one new thread for each issue the whole forum would be a mess. 
    I think if the developers would acknowledge they'd seen a post or issue it would solve a lot of things 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    They never respond to cheating issues.  Email Mesanna I see you are already lonely
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    drcossack said:
    Seth said:

I think if the developers would acknowledge they'd seen a post or issue it would solve a lot of things 
    I think we need more than forum replies - we need action to solve issues. 
    Some issues have dragged on for years even after they were acknowledged in M&G... "it is planned" but when? 1, 10, 20, 50 years? Procrastination. We need them to act, not just read and reply. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Pawain said:
    One reason I wont live on Atlantic.  Whether this post is true or not.
    Not sure where the OP mentions ATL but regardless I think I speak for ATL when I say; we don't want you on our shard. It's a bit warm on our shard and snowflakes have a tendency to melt  :) 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2022
    The scripting, cheating, whatever you call it all, clearly exists, and has clearly existed for a very long time, yes the gap between a pure classic client player, and what exists out there has got huge, and so many play like this as normal now, I don't think you can stem the tide, or even decide where the line should be drawn now.

The first ultimate and biggest cheat, and hack in my mind, was always the Enhanced Client. Think about that. It caused 2 different playing fields, the haves, and the have nots, and this was justified by many, especially those playing Enhanced Client itself.

Then Classic Client was forever in a race to keep up, or try and match Enhanced. UOA, EasyUO, Razor were partially successful, now **** seems to eclipse everything.

A lot of this, is evolution, modernisation. Is it cheating, when it is only doing what the Enhanced can do? Is it a problem if it goes beyond Enhanced even, Enhanced now is 10? years old, buggy and getting out of date itself.

Games are about playability, and fun, and UO in some senses was getting unplayable, many of these programs just rebalance certain issues. Too much grinding to be fun? Find a way around it. Too much clicking, find a way around it.

I've never advocated this in the past, but for me, when playability is compromised too much, and the playing field is too uneven, you have to do something - quit or adapt - I have tried both. To those of you wanting to pull everyone back - I think you maybe going in the wrong direction.

A lot of my requests in the past, have been for the easy wins for the Devs to improve Classic, and I believe they did implement some good ones in the last couple of years, they improved it, they went forwards. If you took a look at how evolved certain other clients have got - then that is the way forwards, bring it into the game, for everyone to use.

The problem with the concept of cheating, is where is that line drawn? When you draw it currently, 95% of players are cheating one way or another. Undraw the line, rethink it.

It is 100% not fun, if you are one of the players not "cheating", I accept this, I've been there too long myself.

With regards to the thread title;

Deceit Dungeon Event Has Ruined Community Due To Scripting.

It can also improve community, if everyone gets on the same page, and just has fun.
    This event is a great event, players are playing it all sorts of different ways, yes, many are cheating, even me it seems these days, but I have to, to make it play in the way I wish it to play.

The Devs are fighting a tough battle, good luck to them, they are the ones deciding where the line shall be drawn.

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Cady said:
    Why are you feeding curry to an infant?
    When the baby is constipated, you gotta do what you gotta do.