UO.COM Treasures of the Archlich Felucca PvP Weekends

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    So is the spawn taking an hour like a know it all told me it would? 

I bet 10min max.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited October 2022
    Wow, could you imagine if it were flipped around, and trammel was only activated for one weekend on any given shard?  I'd like it, but many wouldn't.

Got bots?  Don't punish them, assist them!

It would be called "Freebie Weekends!, Where boredom sets in quick. Press Play Now!"

Again with UO doing things in complete opposition of what they should be doing with current circumstances.

I'm not saying people don't bot in fel, they do... but it's forcibly done on very low population shards, or in very secluded areas where people are unlikely to find it, simply because another player is very likely to put an end to it.

in Trammel, you have to page a GM and hope something is actually done before the offender logs out, cause if you interfere with the scripters "gameplay" then you somehow become the problem.
    Kyronix said:
    We will be opening Treasures of the Archlich in Fel, as described on UO.com.  We look forward to the epic battles!
     So @Kyronix Why is the Archlich activated in Fel on atlantic now if you said "as described on UO.com" ?

Each weekend Treasures of the Archlich will open at after server maintenance beginning 12:01 AM ET Friday and close after server maintenance beginning 11:59 PM ET Sunday in Felucca on select shards.  See the schedule below,

Atlantic 10/14 – 10/16

Also, People aren't going to xfer to other shards for pvp for a Two day event. History would have told you that, as well as any communication with any pvper in the last 10 years.

We (pvpers) already have characters on most other shards for pvp, at least most of us do.  besides, many of us are using some of these 'shard-bound' items anyway, so we're essentially forced to either farm or buy the items on the shards we want them on.

Atleast in fire dungeon, we could log on at any point of the day and be very likely find a fight in fel fire. 

Now we're told When to do it, it's going to end in short order, here's your event cycle worth of potential pvp content.   That's what we're getting...

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited October 2022
    One of the problems with the idea of transferring to another shard for only one weekend of PVP is that alot of builds are using shard bound items from previous events. It takes a significant amount of time, gold and effort to build a proper PVP suit and perfectly fitted template, most people aren't going to be able to find a suitable replacement on the destination shard for any shard-bound items they were using. 

So it makes it a difficult ask, even if you have a shard shield and can shard jump without paying 2000 Sovs every time.    There needs to be some other incentive in order for me to go through that trouble (in example, drops that aren't shard bound) or some ability to remove the shard bound property from gear I am using. 
    Merlin said:
    One of the problems with the idea of transferring to another shard for PVP is that alot of builds are using shard bound items from previous events. It takes a significant amount of time, gold and effort to build a proper PVP suit and perfectly fitted template, most people aren't going to be able to find a suitable replacement on the destination shard for any shard-bound items they were using. 

So it makes it a difficult ask, even if you have a shard shield and can shard jump without paying 2000 Sovs every time.    There needs to be some other incentive in order for me to go through that trouble (in example, drops that aren't shard bound), but it's doubtful that would happen.
    Many of us feel the same way about Shard bound items.  We should be able to make them permanently account bound if we choose to, and remove the shard bound.
  • Pawain said:
    Merlin said:
    One of the problems with the idea of transferring to another shard for PVP is that alot of builds are using shard bound items from previous events. It takes a significant amount of time, gold and effort to build a proper PVP suit and perfectly fitted template, most people aren't going to be able to find a suitable replacement on the destination shard for any shard-bound items they were using. 

So it makes it a difficult ask, even if you have a shard shield and can shard jump without paying 2000 Sovs every time.    There needs to be some other incentive in order for me to go through that trouble (in example, drops that aren't shard bound), but it's doubtful that would happen.
    Many of us feel the same way about Shard bound items.  We should be able to make them permanently account bound if we choose to, and remove the shard bound.
    I could go for account bound, i like to shard hop a lot.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Look i play Origin cats and pac now when i see a new character named pwnyurmom shouting for pvp blues pinks etc i assume its another Atlantic player coming to either spawn or if gargoyle event...as i said most pvpers have characters on multiple shards...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Seems you turned in on Fel side on ATL a day early....Gen Chat is VERY entertaining ;)

Sometimes I forget that MOST of us playing are at LEAST in their late 30's/40's....but the way people talk in Gen Chat? Back in High School...it's unreal lol.

Thank you for the entertainment

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:
    So is the spawn taking an hour like a know it all told me it would? 

I bet 10min max.
    Again you are talking about something you have no idea about. I know you would love to paint the picture of Fel being an easy button but you would be wrong.

I actually played today in Fel and there was intense PvP the entire time I was on with reds and greys interrupting the spawn non-stop the whole time I played. In fact there was one spawn that took 45min because the reds kept killing off sampires and then blocked off Neira. All in all with my Sampire during these hours of fighting in Fel - my hourly average was worse than what it is in Tram ( about 10 drops per hour). In the event I was actually able to live long enough to fight the champ; there were enough people there that I would get max of 1 PS. 

Overall for me it was NOT more lucrative to play in Fel than Tram today. In fact, at one point when I got tired of the reds walling off parts of the dungeon to trap sampires into certain death, I swapped to Tram and it was waaaay better because it was much less crowded in Tram given all the people traveling to Fel.

@Kyronix - Well done sir!! Even though I did end up with less drops per hour in Fel, I did enjoy it more than Tram where it's just boring. I actually had got some blood pumping trying to kill spawn without being blocked in and needing to swap weapons in order not to hit that grey person looking for me to flag. I do hope you will give some additional consideration to keeping Fel active as it's benefiting both Tram & Fel players on ATL and has actually made this event FUN (which was missing from Destard).
    Good,  Glad you had fun.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Merlin said:

I could go for account bound, i like to shard hop a lot.

If they can make it bound to the master account instead of each login account, that would be best. Some of us have multiple active acct. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Pawain said:
    Merlin said:

I would pay a reasonable amount of Sovs for the ability to turn a Shard bound item into an Account bound item...  but the other side of that coin is that it will look like a cash grab.  
    Merlin said:
    Pawain said:
    Merlin said:

I would pay a reasonable amount of Sovs for the ability to turn a Shard bound item into an Account bound item...  but the other side of that coin is that it will look like a cash grab.  
    They could make a potion that is a reward that does this conversion, Or do a quest for it. I am fine with the store also.