UO.COM Treasures of the Archlich Felucca PvP Weekends

Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
https://uo.com/2022/10/12/treasures-of-the-archlich-felucca-pvp-weekends/

10/12/2022

The Archlich Juo’nar has once again made his vile presence known to Britannia – this time invading the dungeon Deceit and bringing those undead within under his command.  Are you brave enough to seek the Treasures of the Archlich and battle against those who seek to steal your riches?  Test your merit in the Treasures of the Archlich PvP Weekends!

Each weekend Treasures of the Archlich will open at after server maintenance beginning 12:01 AM ET Friday and close after server maintenance beginning 11:59 PM ET Sunday in Felucca on select shards.  See the schedule below,

Atlantic 10/14 – 10/16
Great Lakes 10/21 – 10/23
Yamato 10/28 – 10/30
Europa 11/4 – 11/6
Lake Superior 11/11 – 11/13
Catskills – 11/18-11/20
Chesapeake – 11/25 – 11/27
Sakura – 12/2 – 12/4
Pacific – 12/9 – 12/11
Drachenfels – 12/16 – 12/18

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited October 2022
    Just 1 weekend for ATL @Kyronix?

It's a little frustrating that the only weekend there will be Fel game play for ATL, I will be out of town. While I think Fel should be open the entire time the event is active on ATL given the sheer numbers of people always on, I would settled for a full week (ie ATL - 10/14-10/21) for each shard. That way the people that aren't around on weekends would still be able to partake.

Thanks.

**EDIT - Also please make BOTH Fel/Tram open during these weekends so people that scared of Fel do not have to step foot in the facet
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited October 2022

I'm usually one of the 'glass half full' voices here that tries to find the silver lining in all decision making, but it's frustrating and disappointing that Atlantic is only getting three days.  80%+ (if not more like 90%) of the population of UO has their houses on Atlantic.   Fel Deceit should have been opened on Atlantic for the full duration of the event.  It’s fine and dandy that some of the other shards should get some time, but Atlantic really should have had the longest period.  

I mean really… one weekend?  Not even a full week for the most popular shard?  It would be appreciated if the developers could atleast provide some color as to the reasoning behind this... or better yet to give this some reconsideration to open longer on Atlantic @Kyronix ; @Mesanna ; @Bleak

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited October 2022
    Maybe because you are already getting 50 drops an hour. Putting the event in fel with the spawn labeled as of the archlich would increase that to 100 per spawn.

Just a guess.

There is no risk since your drops are insured. Only reward.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ThandorThandor Posts: 27
    Pawain said:
    Maybe because you are already getting 50 drops an hour. Putting the event in fel with the spawn labeled as of the archlich would increase that to 100 per spawn.

Just a guess.

you think a spawn is going to take less than 1 hr when youre defending it against the hoardes? might be 100/10 players
  • ThandorThandor Posts: 27
    https://uo.com/2022/10/12/treasures-of-the-archlich-felucca-pvp-weekends/

10/12/2022

The Archlich Juo’nar has once again made his vile presence known to Britannia – this time invading the dungeon Deceit and bringing those undead within under his command.  Are you brave enough to seek the Treasures of the Archlich and battle against those who seek to steal your riches?  Test your merit in the Treasures of the Archlich PvP Weekends!

Each weekend Treasures of the Archlich will open at after server maintenance beginning 12:01 AM ET Friday and close after server maintenance beginning 11:59 PM ET Sunday in Felucca on select shards.  See the schedule below,

Atlantic 10/14 – 10/16
    Great Lakes 10/21 – 10/23
    Yamato 10/28 – 10/30
    Europa 11/4 – 11/6
    Lake Superior 11/11 – 11/13
    Catskills – 11/18-11/20
    Chesapeake – 11/25 – 11/27
    Sakura – 12/2 – 12/4
    Pacific – 12/9 – 12/11
    Drachenfels – 12/16 – 12/18

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

Id just really like to say "Thanks" for something for the fel community - im not sure why its just a couple of weekends, but non the less we are excited for it. Thanks for listening there was alot of frustration throughout the community and for now it has been swapped with anticipation.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited October 2022
    Thandor said:
    Pawain said:

Just a guess.

you think a spawn is going to take less than 1 hr when youre defending it against the hoardes? might be 100/10 players
    Post the video of Neira taking an hour with 100 sampires running around.

All I say is the champ spawn should not have the of the Archlich tag and let it be in fel all the time.
    So I am for it being in fel all the time with 1 little change.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Would have been nice getting this in fel everywhere like For the wildfire event. It adds in an extra level of excitement when we get raided, and for some of the smaller shards its some of the only pvp we get.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    Norry said:
    Would have been nice getting this in fel everywhere like For the wildfire event. for some of the smaller shards its some of the only pvp we get.

"they are doing it on some random shards like 'Lake Superior' that nobody ever knew existed let alone ever played. how much smaller you want to get?
    why these shards are even active i don't know"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    Norry said:
    Would have been nice getting this in fel everywhere like For the wildfire event. for some of the smaller shards its some of the only pvp we get.

"they are doing it on some random shards like 'Lake Superior' that nobody ever knew existed let alone ever played. how much smaller you want to get?
    Looks like they picked the most populated shards or the shards with the most PvP, there is only one west coast.
    Yoshi said:
    Norry said:

<3

Lord_Frodo said:
    Looks like they picked the most populated shards or the shards with the most PvP, there is only one west coast.

I wouldn't really call anything in Fel "PvP" on shards like GL/LS/Pac/Drac... I'm guessing there is enough population to warrant them getting the weekend event versus shards like Baja but I'd be curious to know just how much more population or "PvP" really happens on those shards. It's more likely people from ATL will transfer to those shards just for the PvP and whatever native PvPers there are on those shards will not play that weekend.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:
    Norry said:

<3

Lord_Frodo said:

I wouldn't really call anything in Fel "PvP" on shards like GL/LS/Pac/Drac... I'm guessing there is enough population to warrant them getting the weekend event versus shards like Baja but I'd be curious to know just how much more population or "PvP" really happens on those shards. It's more likely people from ATL will transfer to those shards just for the PvP and whatever native PvPers there are on those shards will not play that weekend.
    Your sense of entitlement is overwhelming 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • looploop Posts: 301
    It’s a decent compromise and may create fun spikes in activity. The PVP community is probably already pretty small, and I expect folks will rotate across shards.

Still, it would be more straightforward to have the event in Fel at all times on all shards. The devs suggested that they don’t do this because the event is more fun when participation is at critical mass, but I disagree. A PVP event can be even more fun when there are just a few people and it’s not a zerg fest. I don’t understand why population is a consideration at all when most shards are dead in both Tram and Fel. 

I suspect the real reason they don’t enable the event in Fel at all times is that the deployment of the event across servers and facets isn’t automatic and requires overhead.
  • Its still ridiculous!  Im ok with just weekends but not one shard per weekend. It should be all shard every weekend.  Everyone pays the same for their game, noone should be left out, regardless of population or otherwise!!!!!!!
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Pawain said:
    Thandor said:
    Pawain said:

Just a guess.

Post the video of Neira taking an hour with 100 sampires running around.

All I say is the champ spawn should not have the of the Archlich tag and let it be in fel all the time.
    So I am for it being in fel all the time with 1 little change.
    because there was 100 sampires running around on LS during the fire event, right? champ spawn is a mechanic in the game, that goes along with this ToT event. So, no it shouldn't be turned off just because you might get one 120 scroll during a time of 30 spawns. or the fact i guarantee that there will be fights as only one shard is active at a time for the weekend. about time the devs look at Fel and add something too it, instead of igoring it. Should be on alot longer than one weekend but this is a little start
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    This seems to be a start, but I really don't see the logic in only allowing one weekend per shard for this. It would seem like something which could be active on multiple shards on the same time giving time for multiple weekends. I do like the idea that this set up is fairer and doesn't single out a shard for special treatment we have seen in the past.
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Riner said:
    This seems to be a start, but I really don't see the logic in only allowing one weekend per shard for this. It would seem like something which could be active on multiple shards on the same time giving time for multiple weekends. I do like the idea that this set up is fairer and doesn't single out a shard for special treatment we have seen in the past.
    What I’m guessing their doing is too see if the pvp is as good as the community says it will be. Only problem is with it on other severs, a lot of players play stealth in their temps and they can’t stealth around with paragons around 
    @Kyronix - I think that's a fair compromise to open Fel on all shards listed each weekend, do you? One weekend out of 2.5 months is a bad deal for anyone who can't play the one and only weekend their shard is active.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    We will be opening Treasures of the Archlich in Fel, as described on UO.com.  We look forward to the epic battles!
    Wonder how many hard core PVPers will Xfer to different shards
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @Lord_Frodo - we are going to find out :)
    Kyronix said:
    @ Lord_Frodo - we are going to find out :)
     :D 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think most pvpers already have characters on multiple shards 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    Xfer to shards for pvp with shard bound pvp suits, no good. Will pay uostore real money for a shard bound property removing item
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Elvis said:
    Xfer to shards for pvp with shard bound pvp suits, no good. Will pay uostore real money for a shard bound property removing item
    Yup, rewards are shard bound and yet the plan is for players to transfer multi-shard. I recall pvp gears don't work as well as those shard bound gears for pvm.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    edited October 2022
    20 USD to remove 1 shard bound property I will pay.  i will buy 4 of them
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    It appears the Fel spawn is now open on Atlantic per notes I am seeing across Discord servers - so one day earlier than listed.   Never the less, I hope the developers give strong consideration to keeping open a bit longer on the most populous shard.  The Deceit event in the past was what brought me back to PVP after stepping away for many years.  
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    Why not have the event in both facets all the time?  The weekend for GL is the weekend I’m traveling of course.  

I just don’t understand why you need to limit to tram 98% of the time. 
    "still none of the drops are cursed,
    Why would we bother killing the bots? for 10k, not worth the mana"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "still none of the drops are cursed,
    Why would we bother killing the bots? for 10k, not worth the mana"
    You kill the cheaters to get them out of there, oh wait you are one of the cheaters.
    "they should just automatically give anyone who logs on illegal client 1000 drops.

You go to spawn,
    there is no way on official client to target a player (instead of spawn)
    only illegal client can do this.
    So anyone on illegal client can attack you and you have no way to hit them back with all the spawn around - only area effect.

They don't fix anything"