ToTs are completely ruined, ToT fatigue, Nothing done about the blatant bots

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
Yea, thinking I'm just going to sit these ToTs out for now and wait till we get the account bound fix. They were boring before and even more boring now with them not worth participating in and trying to compete with these bots. They've completely ruined the event and devalued any items. Not worth playing to get something that only sells for 100m. I'll buy the items from legitimate players, if I can find any, even if I have to pay 10x the price.

The shard bound makes me not even able to play the game with the items I've earned. It's 2022, the game is 25 years old, almost everyone I know plays multiple shards, and would like to use THEIR ITEMS THEY EARNED ON MULTIPLE SHARDS, aka, the account bound advantage, among everything else it delivers to legitimate players WHILE screwing bot farms.

Feel sad for anyone trying to play with them running around like an army of ants and GMs completely ignoring them and the staff unwilling to make any sort of obvious fix, the clear one being account bound drops & rewards. Good luck, feel sad for you, the legitimate player, reading this.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited October 2022
    Sounds good for you mental health.  Or move to LS.
    We can have therapy sessions in general chat.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "please pm me"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Making rewards account bound is an awful solution.  Far worse than we currently have.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2022
    Account bound is horrid. Shard bound is horrid. 

No the team needs to hire people to enforce the tos if it's that big a deal. 

Life has knocked me down to maybe 6 hours gametime a week if that. I have to grind what i know pays so i can buy these stupid limited time items. Restrictions only leave players like myself out in the cold.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Urge said:

Life has knocked me down to maybe 6 hours gametime a week if that. I have to grind what i know pays so i can buy these stupid limited time items. Restrictions only leave players like myself out in the cold.
    Almost every other MMO I know of has some form of account bound, or, is purely account bound on high end rewards/raid content and is doing just fine. 
    'BuT muH uO IsN't AlL oThEr mMo'S!!!1!!!'
    Yeah, other MMOs aren't dead and get regular updates with new content, not recycled ToTs, the only 'content' we've gotten in years.
    Huh, funny how that's worked out hasn't it?

What if I told you that, under an account bound reward system, the ToTs could happen more frequently, possibly 24/7 (maybe a new dungeon every week?) and could have ALL past rewards + new ones available? Kinda like Blackthorns dungeon? Just throwing out some ideas.
    Or...
    Since they're account bound they're inherently 'worthless' to the market so their turn-in point prices could be a fraction of what they are now? Your 6 hours of gameplay a week could be more than enough to get all the gear you want without grinding or paying. Sounds like you would only benefit from this since you would have the time to do it yourself instead of having to buy them because of your lack of time.

Have a read of all the possibilities! Again, these are just ideas that are possible if it goes account bound.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11117/here-we-go-again-broken-record-time-account-bound-rewards-for-tot-and-new-content-is-required/p1

They have a team that enforces the ToS.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Merus said:
    Making rewards account bound is an awful solution.  Far worse than we currently have.
    You mean the best solution for legitimate players. Fixed that for you.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Wow this game has total control over you.....sad.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
     :D  I offered counselling in LS chat. We have all types of maladies on LS and coexist.

LS where you hear, AFK a min the nurse has to give me a shot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2022
    Says the person that's happy and content slamming their face into Deceit for 3 months killing skeletons for hours a day. Yikes. Sunlight is good for mental health, I've heard.

username said:
    Says the person that's happy and content slamming their face into Deceit for 3 months killing skeletons for hours a day. Yikes. Sunlight is good for mental health, I've heard.
    Huh ?, I don't farm anything, never have ...well, i DID get a little crazy when High Seas came out, but I've since recovered..

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    username said:
    Huh ?, I don't farm anything, never have ...well, i DID get a little crazy when High Seas came out, but I've since recovered..
    Then why do you care lmao

username said:
    username said:
    Then why do you care lmao
    Why do I care that a fellow UO player has fallen so far down into the rabbit hole that they make post after post after post screaming how they've been wronged ?....umm, good question...limme think on it..

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    username said:
    No give us ghost ships and we'd never be seen again 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Account bound was done to eliminate players using bots from using EJ accounts to create them. Think it worked only see a handful of archlich drops for sale on my shard.  Think drop rate has also been made more uniform among players.  Think Deceit is pretty playable most of the time.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2022
    username said:
    Yea, thinking I'm just going to sit these ToTs out for now and wait till we get the account bound fix. They were boring before and even more boring now with them not worth participating in and trying to compete with these bots. They've completely ruined the event and devalued any items. Not worth playing to get something that only sells for 100m. I'll buy the items from legitimate players, if I can find any, even if I have to pay 10x the price.

The shard bound makes me not even able to play the game with the items I've earned. It's 2022, the game is 25 years old, almost everyone I know plays multiple shards, and would like to use THEIR ITEMS THEY EARNED ON MULTIPLE SHARDS, aka, the account bound advantage, among everything else it delivers to legitimate players WHILE screwing bot farms.

Feel sad for anyone trying to play with them running around like an army of ants and GMs completely ignoring them and the staff unwilling to make any sort of obvious fix, the clear one being account bound drops & rewards. Good luck, feel sad for you, the legitimate player, reading this.

Shard Bound is good, important, and absolutely vital for lower population Shards to help their economies and make sure that items STAY on those Shards and can be purchased/sold by players there and not end up, one way or the other, most always to Atlantic....

What would be necessary, though, and I plea @Kyronix to make this available to players such a mechanics, is a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics whereas, say, a player who has a Shard Bound item on Shard A, could be able to trade that same Shard Bound item with another player who has it on Shard B, without the risk or fear to get scammed in the process....

This way, the items would still stay on the shards where they are generated and thus help their economy but, at the same time, players on different Shards could exchange their respective Shard Bound items whenever they happen to need them on a Shard different from the one on which they have that Shard Bound item...

And, just as an idea, how could such a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics be Designed ?

We know that accounts have a unique ID number and this, is valid across any and all Shards (that number which shows up in Chat,to my understanding....).

The Developers could set up NPC "Traders" on Shards and the mechanics could moreless play out this way : 

Player X has a Shard Bound Mantle on Shard A while Player Y has the same Shard Bount Mantle on Shard B.

Both players agree to trade their respective shard bound Mantles on their respective Shards A and B.

Player X gives the Shard Bound Mantle on Shard A to the Cross-Shard NPC Trader indicating that the trade is intended with account number <such and such> on Shard B and player Y does the exact same, reverted, with the Trader NPC on Shard B indicating that the trade is intended for Shard A with player X with account <such and such>. 

Once both players have turned in to their Shard's Trader NPC their respective item on Shards A and B indicating the fellow player's account which will be permitted to "pick it up", the Trade will be validated and the respective items unlocked for pick up.

NOTE. At this stage, that is, once both items have been deposited on the NPC Traders on both Shards A and B, ONLY the account that the item is being traded to, will be able to pick it up from the NPC Trader, not the original account which deposited the item.

This, is necessary to avoid players to deposit the item on Shard A, pick the item intended for them on Shard B, and then removing the item from the NPC inventory which they deposited on Shard A before the other player was able to retrieve it thus, scamming one of the 2 players of their item.

This is only an idea, a possible way to make it worth, to my opinion, perhaps, better mechanics could be thought up.

Nonetheless, such a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics could solve issues which many players might have with Shard Bound items still keeping those items on the Shard they were generated on, thus avoiding them to eventually end up on Atlantic for sale but at the same time, making it possible to trade these Shard Bound items for same on other Shards....
    popps said:
    username said:

Shard Bound is good, important, and absolutely vital for lower population Shards to help their economies and make sure that items STAY on those Shards and can be purchased/sold by players there and not end up, one way or the other, most always to Atlantic....

What would be necessary, though, and I plea @ Kyronix to make this available to players such a mechanics, is a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics whereas, say, a player who has a Shard Bound item on Shard A, could be able to trade that same Shard Bound item with another players who has it on Shard B, without the risk or fear to get scammed in the process....

This way, the items would still stay on the shards they are generated and thus help their economy but, at the same time, players on different Shards could exchange their respective Shard Bound items whenever they happen to need it on a Shard different from the one on which they have that Shard Bound item...

And, just as an idea, how could such a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics be Designed ?

We know that accounts have a unique ID number and this, is valid across any and all Shards (that number which shows up in Chat).

The Developers could set up NPC "Traders" on Shards and the mechanics could moreless play out this way : 

Player X has a Shard Bound Mantle on Shard A while Player Y has the same Shard Bount Mantle on Sharb B.

Both players agree to trade their respective shard bound Mantles on their respective Shards A and B.

Player X gives the Shard Bound Mantle on Shard A indicating that the trade is intended with account number <such and such> on Shard B and player Y does the exact same, reverted, with the Trader NPC on Shard B indicating that the trade is intended for Shard A with player X with account <such and such>. 

Once both players have turned in to the Trader NPC their respective item on Shards A and B indicating the fellow player's account which will be permitted to "pick it up", the Trade will be validated and the respective items unlocked for pick up.

NOTE. At this stage, that is, once both items have been deposited on the NPC Traders on both Shards A and B, ONLY the account that the item is being traded to, will be able to pick it up from the NPC Trader, not the original account which deposited the item.

This, is necessary to avoid players to deposit the item on Shard A, pick the item intended for them on Shard B, and then removing the item from the NPC inventory which they deposited on Shard A before the other player was able to retrieve it thus, scamming one of the 2 players of their item.

This is only an idea, a possible way to make it worth, to my opinion, perhaps, better mechanics could be thought up.

Nonetheless, such a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics could solve issues which many players might have with Shard Bound items still keeping those items on the Shard they were generated on, thus avoiding them to eventually end up on Atlantic for sale....
    this is not needed develop relationships with people on other shards and trade with people you know 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    username said:

What would be necessary, though, and I plea @ Kyronix to make this available to players such a mechanics, is a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics whereas, say, a player who has a Shard Bound item on Shard A, could be able to trade that same Shard Bound item with another players who has it on Shard B, without the risk or fear to get scammed in the process....

This way, the items would still stay on the shards they are generated and thus help their economy but, at the same time, players on different Shards could exchange their respective Shard Bound items whenever they happen to need it on a Shard different from the one on which they have that Shard Bound item...

We know that accounts have a unique ID number and this, is valid across any and all Shards (that number which shows up in Chat).

Player X has a Shard Bound Mantle on Shard A while Player Y has the same Shard Bount Mantle on Sharb B.

Player X gives the Shard Bound Mantle on Shard A indicating that the trade is intended with account number <such and such> on Shard B and player Y does the exact same, reverted, with the Trader NPC on Shard B indicating that the trade is intended for Shard A with player X with account <such and such>. 

Once both players have turned in to the Trader NPC their respective item on Shards A and B indicating the fellow player's account which will be permitted to "pick it up", the Trade will be validated and the respective items unlocked for pick up.

Nonetheless, such a SAFE cross-shards Trading mechanics could solve issues which many players might have with Shard Bound items still keeping those items on the Shard they were generated on, thus avoiding them to eventually end up on Atlantic for sale....
    this is not needed develop relationships with people on other shards and trade with people you know 
    Trading LIMITED to only people one knows, clearly would severely limit one's own ability to be able to cross-shard Shard Bound items....

Not only one would need to befriend a fellow player on that other Shard but, that player would also need to have that Shard Bound item on that Shard AND, want to trade it on that other Shard....

Too many coincidences would need to "line up" and this, could severely limit the ability of players to cross-Shard Shard Bound items.

With an in-game mechanics instead set up for SAFE cross-shards Trading of Shard Bound items, players would have a whole lot more chances to be able to do it and thus, a whole lot of issues which some players seem to have with Shard Bound items, would go away.....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    username said:

the account bound advantage, among everything else it delivers to legitimate players WHILE screwing bot farms.

It sounds like you are contradicting yourself in your own post. You are (and have been) banging the drum on account bound items but then you start this post off talking about how the Devs have devalued all the items and that it's not worth playing for something that sells for "only 100m". 

You do know that if you had what you are asking for you wouldn't be able to buy or sell any drops due to the fact that they would be account bound, right? 
    edited October 2022
    keven2002 said:
    username said:

the account bound advantage, among everything else it delivers to legitimate players WHILE screwing bot farms.

It sounds like you are contradicting yourself in your own post. You are (and have been) banging the drum on account bound items but then you start this post off talking about how the Devs have devalued all the items and that it's not worth playing for something that sells for "only 100m". 

You do know that if you had what you are asking for you wouldn't be able to buy or sell any drops due to the fact that they would be account bound, right? 
    My post makes no reference to any developer devaluing items or the developers in general. 

Yes, thank you. We've got captain obvious here.
    username said:

Since they're account bound they're inherently 'worthless' to the market 

Re-read and try again. Scratch that, do me a favor and please don't post in this thread again. Thanks in advance.

popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    username said:

Trading LIMITED to only people one knows, clearly would severely limit one's own ability to be able to cross-shard Shard Bound items....

Not only one would need to befriend a fellow player on that other Shard but, that player would also need to have that Shard Bound item on that Shard AND, want to trade it on that other Shard....

Too many coincidences would need to "line up" and this, could severely limit the ability of players to cross-Shard Shard Bound items.

With an in-game mechanics instead set up for SAFE cross-shards Trading of Shard Bound items, players would have a whole lot more chances to be able to do it and thus, a whole lot of issues which some players seem to have with Shard Bound items, would go away.....
    Make for friends 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Urge said:

Exactly, agreed 100%.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    If anything should have been shard bound it's PS's, and for that matter, you should have never been able to take them out of Felucca into trammel. They should all be on Feluccan vendors, and can only be consumed within Felucca. No ? That's what I thought, now can we shut up about shard bound...account bound, I've never liked.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited October 2022
    username said:
    keven2002 said:
    username said:

My post makes no reference to any developer devaluing items or the developers in general. 

Yes, thank you. We've got captain obvious here.
    username said:

Since they're account bound they're inherently 'worthless' to the market 

Re-read and try again. Scratch that, do me a favor and please don't post in this thread again. Thanks in advance.
    So why are you referencing selling items and their value and in the next breath you are saying things should be account bound? No need to be a smartass about it because the point you are making doesn't make any sense. That's on you, not me.

Looks like someone is just mad that they can't control the event drop market and are now throwing a tantrum on the boards.
    username said:

Gets even better! Tons of reports of guild mates not being able to attack monsters while running around on a sampire on Level 1 and Level 2. Now they screw legitimate players even more! Great time to sit out a ToT me thinks for sure.

• If anything should have been shard bound it's PS's, and for that matter, you should have never been able to take them out of Felucca into trammel. They should all be on Feluccan vendors, and can only be consumed within Felucca. No ? That's what I thought, now can we shut up about shard bound...account bound, I've never liked.
    I actually like this idea, well about shard bound PS's, keeping them Felucca bound I don't agree with, some people won't go to Felucca for whatever reason, and I don't know if they actually live in fear of the idea of being pk'd by someone dressed in pink jester hats or whatever with a name like REX RoXxOrS or whatever, but keeping the market open per shard is good imo.

Keeping it as is is fine also, it's been that way for decades, may as well be left alone, and let the move stuff to Atlantic cycle keep going. At least people know where to find something when they get desperate enough to spend $20 for a token.