Please stop 2D auto follow in dungeon

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:
    I could run 6 clients on my screens they are all 25in and above and I never need to Alt tab, again are you still a caveman? My mouse moves about 1/2 inch to go from left monitor to the right one. How long does it take you to move your mouse 1/4 inch and click then hit a macro. I use both hands when I play. Amazing what you can do when you use technology that has been around for years. 
     I could do that, but I'd rather have multi PC's and a single monitor on each, as i currently do.
     3 Pcs but i have barely even played UO on the new one.

been busy going through the darksouls series & elden ring, not been playing UO much until this event started up (still only play for ~1 hr a day), it's boring in trammel man...

Back in the day of CRT monitors I had 2 computers and Monitors on my desk. I had one keyboard on the desk and one in the pull out.  I was trying to play 2 toons in Diablo III.  That was a hot mess.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I really need a 3rd monitor…

Another tip to multiclient; if you hold the windows key and then tap the left or right arrow on the keyboard, your current/active screen will move to that half of the screen.
    Example: Windows key + left arrow = game screen taking up left half of screen space.
    Thats cool. I wish I could find a way to make 1 monitor divide into two sections that act like a separate monitor.
  • Monitor trees are nice. I have 4 as well. Also use Razor naga pro razor Tartarus. Hands are hardly ever in keyboard. Unless I feel like a keyboard warrior!  but yeah gms and others players don’t realize the difference from “auto follow” and multi boxing let alone know how to do it…I was reported for ”multi boxing” but I was using the in game feature “auto follow”. And moving from screen to screen. Gm messaged me. I responded back. They still said I was multi boxing. But I just had char on auto follow. 

Violation: Multiboxing

Our review of the investigation and the associated serverside logs supports the findings of the GM investigation which indicate your character was performing actions while unattended. You have already been forwarded information regarding which clauses of the Terms of Service (ToS) and/or Rules of Conduct (RoC) your account was found to have violated.  Unattended Scripting/Macroing is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated in Ultima Online. We regret to have had to take this action against your account, however these policies are in place to protect the integrity of Ultima Online and the wellbeing of its community. Please understand that repeated violations of this nature will result in long term account suspension or permanent account termination. You acknowledge and agree to the following:

Goes on about TOS 

point is I was there and responded. All I was doing was  auto follow and moving from screen to screen same keystrokes heal, evade, confidence  and char ability. 
    Gm’s and some players have no clue as to the difference. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Keep these replies coming, they're hilarious....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Biggest question from me about all of the legit players that are supposedly using a matrix wall of screens to play all these instances of UO at once: Why do you need to use 5 sampires or 5 throwers all following each other down in the dungeon all at once? Maybe 1 other toon I can understand but 4? 5? 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    keven2002 said:
    Biggest question from me about all of the legit players that are supposedly using a matrix wall of screens to play all these instances of UO at once: Why do you need to use 5 sampires or 5 throwers all following each other down in the dungeon all at once? Maybe 1 other toon I can understand but 4? 5? 
    I think they think it helps to increase drop rate.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Monitor trees are nice. I have 4 as well. Also use Razor naga pro razor Tartarus. Hands are hardly ever in keyboard. Unless I feel like a keyboard warrior!  but yeah gms and others players don’t realize the difference from “auto follow” and multi boxing let alone know how to do it…I was reported for ”multi boxing” but I was using the in game feature “auto follow”. And moving from screen to screen. Gm messaged me. I responded back. They still said I was multi boxing. But I just had char on auto follow. 

Our review of the investigation and the associated serverside logs supports the findings of the GM investigation which indicate your character was performing actions while unattended. You have already been forwarded information regarding which clauses of the Terms of Service (ToS) and/or Rules of Conduct (RoC) your account was found to have violated.  Unattended Scripting/Macroing is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated in Ultima Online. We regret to have had to take this action against your account, however these policies are in place to protect the integrity of Ultima Online and the wellbeing of its community. Please understand that repeated violations of this nature will result in long term account suspension or permanent account termination. You acknowledge and agree to the following:

Goes on about TOS 

point is I was there and responded. All I was doing was  auto follow and moving from screen to screen same keystrokes heal, evade, confidence  and char ability. 
    Are you aware that a GM can show up and open a monitoring window that shows your commands to and from the server, all with a date/time/IP/client count stamp ? They can see every query to the server and they can see if they're all happening at exactly the same time, or as some proclaim to do, whether there is a .005 second per client action, which is a ludicrous statement that some people think the rest of us swallow. And there's no such thing as an Auto Follow option, it's Now Following and you don't alt/click,  you alt/hold and sometimes it can take over a full second to activate if you're lucky to get it to activate at all on the first attempt, but we have some Legendary Dexxers who can miraculously do this on 5 accounts, all within 1.5 seconds.(oh and they can all run up and loot at exactly the same time too, because they're THAT GOOD with their $200 mouse ) Now technically you could put all of your clients into Combat mode, but they won't all swing/cast/shoot at the same time unless by some miracle of the UO gods, any particular mob attacks everyone of your clients at the same time..an AOE would do it, but we all know they don't all use that.

Don't worry overly defensive UO players, we all believe every word you say......

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SDVSDV Posts: 4
    Mesanna

I am formosa shard old player SDV
    Please do not limit the freedom of paying players
    Dungeon fighting monsters is a kind of fun
    Paying players have the right to enjoy their own games
    Stop restricting the way you play games for paying players
    UO is an OLG with a high degree of freedom

So we old players are willing to continue to follow it

Don't let us old gamers down with UO

It's a new world
    It's a new life
    I come
    on my own way

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Monitor trees are nice. I have 4 as well. Also use Razor naga pro razor Tartarus. Hands are hardly ever in keyboard. Unless I feel like a keyboard warrior!  but yeah gms and others players don’t realize the difference from “auto follow” and multi boxing let alone know how to do it…I was reported for ”multi boxing” but I was using the in game feature “auto follow”. And moving from screen to screen. Gm messaged me. I responded back. They still said I was multi boxing. But I just had char on auto follow. 

Goes on about TOS 

Are you aware that a GM can show up and open a monitoring window that shows your commands to and from the server, all with a date/time/IP/client count stamp ? They can see every query to the server and they can see if they're all happening at exactly the same time, or as some proclaim to do, whether there is a .005 second per client action, which is a ludicrous statement that some people think the rest of us swallow. And there's no such thing as an Auto Follow option, it's Now Following and you don't alt/click,  you alt/hold and sometimes it can take over a full second to activate if you're lucky to get it to activate at all on the first attempt, but we have some Legendary Dexxers who can miraculously do this on 5 accounts, all within 1.5 seconds.(oh and they can all run up and loot at exactly the same time too, because they're THAT GOOD with their $200 mouse ) Now technically you could put all of your clients into Combat mode, but they won't all swing/cast/shoot at the same time unless by some miracle of the UO gods, any particular mob attacks everyone of your clients at the same time..an AOE would do it, but we all know they don't all use that.

Don't worry overly defensive UO players, we all believe every word you say......
    You should probably quit posting on this subject, you’re making yourself look very ignorant.
    keven2002 said:
    I can’t speak for everyone, but for myself it’s about maximizing my time ingame, which is more limited.  At its most basic these ToT events are a function of monsters killed to get drops… more monsters killed = more drops.  For most low level mobs having multiple characters doesn’t help, but for harder mobs it definitely does… both in time to kill them and the ability to cross heal.  I use CC macros for specials and targeting, and UOA macros for cross healing (use item type/target).
    Merus said:

Goes on about TOS 

You should probably quit posting on this subject, you’re making yourself look very ignorant.
    You claim to be able to do all of that , and I"M  the one looking ignorant ? 

Merus said:

Goes on about TOS 

You claim to be able to do all of that , and I"M  the one looking ignorant ? 
    You clearly don’t understand the basic mechanics involved.  I’ve posted a video that’s over an hour long showing how it’s possible with no scripts/unapproved clients, which you ignore… so yes, it’s you that’s looking ignorant.
    Dude I don't follow your every move...where's this video ?

Dude I don't follow your every move...where's this video ?
    Page 2 of this thread a little more the half way down, along with the picture of my desk (directly in response to your post).
    edited October 2022
    Ok how exactly are you getting All Kill to appear on all 4 screens with different colored text for each one, at the same time ? Are the pets friended to you ? Why is the color of your speech different on each client ?  If I set my color to red, and I say All Kill, its red on my screen, and it's red on  your screen..When you say all kill, it's a different color on each screen ?Limme go back and watch the beginning again. And can you make a current video and upload that of your Deceit shenanigans ?

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    He is multiclienting with 4 clients
    edited October 2022
    Ok how exactly are you getting All Kill to appear on all 4 screens with different colored text for each one, at the same time ? Are the pets friended to you ? Why is the color of your speech different on each client ?  If I set my color to red, and I say All Kill, its red on my screen, and it's red on  your screen..When you say all kill, it's a different color on each screen ?Limme go back and watch the beginning again. And can you make a current video and upload that of your Deceit shenanigans ?
    OMG you can set the color of speech for each toon. You are seeing each toon saying all kill.... You clearly are still rubbing sticks together to make fire.  Wait till you see a match, you will think it is some fake trick.  Gonna have to ease you into technology.

Deceit is not a great place to multi client. Too many stairs and zig zags.  Takes longer to get each toon to the next floor for it to be beneficial.
    Pawain said:
    OMG you can set the color of speech for each toon. You are seeing each toon saying all kill.... You clearly are still rubbing sticks together to make fire.  Wait till you see a match, you will think it is some fake trick.  Gonna have to ease you into technology.

Deceit is not a great place to multi client. Too many stairs and zig zags.  Takes longer to get each toon to the next floor for it to be beneficial.
    Then you're proving my point because you can see all 4 clients say All Kill at the exact same time.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:

Then you're proving my point because you can see all 4 clients say All Kill at the exact same time.
    Sorry but you need your eyes examined.  The all kills are separate and when everybody moves they separate just like when you have 5 packies following you.  You can also see him drag health bars on every screen.  If he were multiboxing they would all drag the same.  Blow it  up to full screen and watch the two on the right only or the two on the left only do not try to watch all four at the same time.  If you are multiboxing then how is he fighting different MOBs at the same time with all kill
    That’s my whole point, they don’t say it at the same time.  Watch it in slow motion… you’ll see the mouse cursor move to each screen for the command…. The point is I have enough practice to do it at that speed manually.  When I said I can hit all 4 clients in about 1 second… that’s what it looks like.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    keven2002 said:

Considering most mobs in Deceit die to a single Double Strike (asides from the Paragons, Rams, and Spectral Armors), it is pretty wasteful to have 5+ chars together in that regard. However, the spawn rate increases with the amount of characters in the area, so having 5 chars following you around (even if they don't do crap) does increase the rate you can get artifacts by bumping up the mob spawn rate.

I can sit in the Lvl 4 Crypts on Napa and use my 4k Luck Tamer/Mage to kill most mobs, while having my Macer/Paladin sit in the corner on standby to deal with Paragons, and not get as many drops as my 2k Luck Macer/Paladin does running through Deceit on Atlantic, because he kills a lot more due to the spawn rate on Atlantic.
  • Monitor trees are nice. I have 4 as well. Also use Razor naga pro razor Tartarus. Hands are hardly ever in keyboard. Unless I feel like a keyboard warrior!  but yeah gms and others players don’t realize the difference from “auto follow” and multi boxing let alone know how to do it…I was reported for ”multi boxing” but I was using the in game feature “auto follow”. And moving from screen to screen. Gm messaged me. I responded back. They still said I was multi boxing. But I just had char on auto follow. 

Goes on about TOS 

Let them look at my journal. I insisted they do. To prove I’m at the computer and not multi boxing as they claim. Hell if it makes you happy I can run my clients on 3 other pc’s. And still run auto follow. Makes no difference to me.  “Now following”….. “auto follow”…. Whats the difference? Hold Alt/ single Left Click…One char is still following the other. Not everyone is  on your skill level… some of us understand the mechanics of the game and how they work. BTW the NAGA mouse runs $120 give or take. I’m f your a samp you should run AOE due to having to Leach. More spawn faster the heals/mana/stam. 
  • Garth_Grey said:

bro are you really asking the first day of game play questions? You do realize you can change font text color for EACH CHARACTER.  You have no clue how this game works. I bet you use parry on an archer… 
  • keven2002 said:

Considering most mobs in Deceit die to a single Double Strike (asides from the Paragons, Rams, and Spectral Armors), it is pretty wasteful to have 5+ chars together in that regard. However, the spawn rate increases with the amount of characters in the area, so having 5 chars following you around (even if they don't do crap) does increase the rate you can get artifacts by bumping up the mob spawn rate.

I can sit in the Lvl 4 Crypts on Napa and use my 4k Luck Tamer/Mage to kill most mobs, while having my Macer/Paladin sit in the corner on standby to deal with Paragons, and not get as many drops as my 2k Luck Macer/Paladin does running through Deceit on Atlantic, because he kills a lot more due to the spawn rate on Atlantic.
    A lot of UO players will never understand game mechanics. 
    Pawain said:

He is faster than you or I will ever be.  On mine you could see the time between commands  because I have slow reflexes.

How long does it take you to click a button with your left hand, move the mouse 1/4 inch, click the mouse, then press a button with your left hand.  Its not that complicated.
    edited October 2022
    Garth_Grey said:

bro are you really asking the first day of game play questions? You do realize you can change font text color for EACH CHARACTER.  You have no clue how this game works. I bet you use parry on an archer… 
    Dude you can change YOUR text color all you want, but you can't change MINE as seen on YOUR screen....is there a reading comprehension problem going on ?

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

He is faster than you or I will ever be.  On mine you could see the time between commands  because I have slow reflexes.

How long does it take you to click a button with your left hand, move the mouse 1/4 inch, click the mouse, then press a button with your left hand.  Its not that complicated.
    I've watched it over and over and you can clearly see All Kill appear on the screen, on all 4 clients, at the same damn time...I'm not really sure why I'm putting this much effort into this conversation. It doesn't affect my gameplay in the least, I just love a good argument.

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

I've watched it over and over and you can clearly see All Kill appear on the screen, on all 4 clients, at the same damn time...I'm not really sure why I'm putting this much effort into this conversation. It doesn't affect my gameplay in the least, I just love a good argument.
    I've made my claims of what my set-up is capable of.  I've posted the video of it.  People who don't know me from Adam have watched the video and can see that its clearly just multi-clienting.  

So how do you explain it?  Its 4 clients clearly using the auto-follow in classic client (as seen in the beginning and several times throughout), with no scripts or multiboxing software running.  Clients target different mobs and cast spells separately... How do you explain the speed of some of those things?  
  • Garth_Grey said:

Dude you can change YOUR text color all you want, but you can't change MINE as seen on YOUR screen....is there a reading comprehension problem going on ?
    Your beat… you lost the troll war… but won the troll award …