High seas update update

Any word on anything?? Take a couple of the old rewards and update black market ghost ships something anything or at least tell us next year...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    We literally just got a new publish like 3 days ago and you are asking about a high seas update? 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    We literally just got a new publish like 3 days ago and you are asking about a high seas update? 
    I've been asking consistently since the last one  ;) I'll gladly accept it to be in fel only would that make it ok for you 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    keven2002 said:
    If I were on a Free Shard, which I've never played on but have watched videos of, a request like an update to High Seas would be completed in less than a month. From a small team of unpaid players.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    keven2002 said:
    If I were on a Free Shard, which I've never played on but have watched videos of, a request like an update to High Seas would be completed in less than a month. From a small team of unpaid players.
    Especially when we're just asking for updated black market stuff put the first aid belt ssi Epps etc 
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Why put those kind of items on the black market though?   Theyre ToT rewards that continuously get recycled…
  • Because some people prefer Grinding the High seas, instead of grinding a Dungeon. Items should be available in more than one way. Pirates are likely to have pirated all kinds of items in their Pluderin'. and lastly, Why not?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    I've been asking consistently since the last one  ;) I'll gladly accept it to be in fel only would that make it ok for you 
    You' and many others have been asking about a dozen different things consistently for months; it would take them a week just to write up all the things they are NOT going to do any time soon. I know you can't really be that dense. Read in between the lines. No updates regarding Black market means it ain't happening. 

Do you also think a smoke alarm should go off every 5 minutes just to let you know there ISN'T a fire?? 

Give the Devs a break. We finally get a new publish with some new rewards and some content and less than like 3 days later you're already asking for communication on something they haven't touched in years. Can we say ungrateful?? 
    Insert fel into my post and it's exactly what you ask for in your post .we both want to play our preferred ways..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Because some people prefer Grinding the High seas, instead of grinding a Dungeon. Items should be available in more than one way. Pirates are likely to have pirated all kinds of items in their Pluderin'. and lastly, Why not?

We all know the high seas is not a grind. You can get 8 mythic cargo per Beacon.  I see you want to hop on board:

Sure I would love to basically get the SSI Epps, Balron Chest, and New arms twice a day.  Even if they cost the max amount you can put in the Pirate.

They should put the cool ship deco on the pirate!!!  More cannons. Neon ship paint! WATER TILES, Stuff like that.  Not things from dungeons.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Meh.  We can disagree on that point.  Im of the opinion that certain items belong in certain events.  The same way that certain items are available in certain dungeons (why not Cameo’s in the black market?), you want that item you have to engage in that content, pretty much status quo in all mmorpg’s.
    Its how developers drive participation on content. 

dont get me wrong.  I really like pirating too.  I wish that there were some new stuff, or more variety of permanent items. 
    But those items shouldnt be a much easier way to get the ToT rewards.  
    I just want new rewards give me pumpkin cannons and row boats give me jolly Rogers flags i suggest easy to add already existing items that should take minutes to add .
  • Pawain said:
    Because some people prefer Grinding the High seas, instead of grinding a Dungeon. Items should be available in more than one way. Pirates are likely to have pirated all kinds of items in their Pluderin'. and lastly, Why not?

We all know the high seas is not a grind. You can get 8 mythic cargo per Beacon.  I see you want to hop on board:

Sure I would love to basically get the SSI Epps, Balron Chest, and New arms twice a day.  Even if they cost the max amount you can put in the Pirate.

They should put the cool ship deco on the pirate!!!  More cannons. Neon ship paint! WATER TILES, Stuff like that.  Not things from dungeons.
    It's all a grind man, and the only bus i'm hopping on is the PArty Bus

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2022
    And to say these ToT's aren't any easier is kinda funny, i already have two of the arms, the gloves,  a title, and a cowl that I accidently clicked on and I have only played about 6 hours total. Maybe.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453

I made a long drawn out post on what I felt the Dread Pirates and merchant ships should have on them, it fell on great big deaf ears...
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited October 2022
    And to say these ToT's aren't any easier is kinda funny, i already have two of the arms, the gloves,  a title, and a cowl that I accidently clicked on and I have only played about 6 hours total. Maybe.
    What shard? This is definitely not the case for ATL (unless you are multiboxing); there are way too many people packed into the dungeon to have gotten 200 drops in 6 hours (unless maybe you are using a luck potions??). I went to Deceit a little later today (7:30am) and it was already jammed on level 1 and a bit of lag (surprisingly) which totally turned me off to doing the dungeon today as it's currently WAY too much of a grind to run around Tram Deceit hoping you get more than 1 thing to kill.  
  • keven2002 said:
    What shard? This is definitely not the case for ATL (unless you are multiboxing); there are way too many people packed into the dungeon to have gotten 200 drops in 6 hours (unless maybe you are using a luck potions??). I went to Deceit a little later today (7:30am) and it was already jammed on level 1 and a bit of lag (surprisingly) which totally turned me off to doing the dungeon today as it's currently WAY too much of a grind to run around Tram Deceit hoping you get more than 1 thing to kill.  

Origin, not a lot of people on it to begin with, then throw in I am on eastern time zone so even less at the times I have to play. 

edited October 2022
    Just for fun I decided to make a char a few different shards to check Deceit out.... I went to Origin/Chesapeake/Catskills/Baja/Sonoma/Lake Superior ( 6 shards). Of those shards, only 2 had more than 1 person in or outside Deceit that I saw and still all combined was not even close to the number of people currently in Deceit on ATL. 

Looks like I'll have to get my char ready for a transfer if I'm going to actively try to participate in the event :( 
    Come hang on Catskills. Great peoples there.   
    keven2002 said:
    Just for fun I decided to make a char a few different shards to check Deceit out.... I went to Origin/Chesapeake/Catskills/Baja/Sonoma/Lake Superior ( 6 shards). Of those shards, only 2 had more than 1 person in or outside Deceit that I saw and still all combined was not even close to the number of people currently in Deceit on ATL. 

Looks like I'll have to get my char ready for a transfer if I'm going to actively try to participate in the event :( 
    You do know that the spawn is dynamic right?  Fewer people means slower respawn rate.  When you kill everything it takes longer for things to respawn with only a few people in the dungeon.

Come to LS in prime time, it will be crowded.  LS is dead on weekends.

And I guess you just want the items on some random shard?  I find killing stuff is fun.
    Origin the spawn was too light on pac it was crazy 
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:

You do know that the spawn is dynamic right?  Fewer people means slower respawn rate.  When you kill everything it takes longer for things to respawn with only a few people in the dungeon.

I understand that this isn't prime time for basically all US shards and that's the point I think you are missing. My point is that I would have much more things to kill right now in those shards I just listed versus ATL because there aren't nearly as many people. I'd actually prefer there be less people in Tram when I'm in the dungeon because undoubtedly there is going to be more things I can kill compared to ATL where the real grind is actually finding something to kill.

Pawain said:

And I guess you just want the items on some random shard?  I find killing stuff is fun.
    Again, I think you missed my point, I also find killing stuff very fun and that's my whole argument is that there simply isn't enough stuff to kill (ie my fun is diminishing when I need to run through half the dungeon just to get half dozen kills. What I don't find fun, is finding stuff to kill lol.

I don't want stuff on a random shard like LS but I'm not being given much option right now with the low-ish spawn rate (vs people killing stuff) on ATL and Fel not being opened. My only hope there would be maybe I can trade with someone down the road that might have extras on ATL (possibly a multiboxer) for the gear I have on these random shards.
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:

I understand that this isn't prime time for basically all US shards and that's the point I think you are missing. My point is that I would have much more things to kill right now in those shards I just listed versus ATL because there aren't nearly as many people. I'd actually prefer there be less people in Tram when I'm in the dungeon because undoubtedly there is going to be more things I can kill compared to ATL where the real grind is actually finding something to kill.

Pawain said:

Again, I think you missed my point, I also find killing stuff very fun and that's my whole argument is that there simply isn't enough stuff to kill (ie my fun is diminishing when I need to run through half the dungeon just to get half dozen kills. What I don't find fun, is finding stuff to kill lol.

I don't want stuff on a random shard like LS but I'm not being given much option right now with the low-ish spawn rate (vs people killing stuff) on ATL and Fel not being opened. My only hope there would be maybe I can trade with someone down the road that might have extras on ATL (possibly a multiboxer) for the gear I have on these random shards.
    See we're in complete agreement we should all be able to have fun the way we enjoy it 
    Let us know how that goes. When you are alone in the dungeon you will kill everything and have to wait for stuff to spawn.  When the dungeon has players you can stay on 2 floors and kill stuff constantly.
    Pawain said:
    Let us know how that goes. When you are alone in the dungeon you will kill everything and have to wait for stuff to spawn.  When the dungeon has players you can stay on 2 floors and kill stuff constantly.
    I'll let y'all know but please stop with the misinformation. I'm talking from experience on ATL where I will literally go from the entrance to the second level (on ATL) and maybe get 1 kill if I'm lucky. Depending on the time of day I can run from level 2 entrance to the little bridge right before the bone knights area with killing maybe 1 or 2. 

Do you consider killing 6-12 monsters in 5 minutes "killing stuff constantly"? The only constant there is me being bored to tears and increasingly frustrated there isn't more stuff to kill.

Please stop trying to act like you know what you are talking about on a shard you aren't actively playing. Stick to speaking on things LS related. It sounds like your shard is good to go on spawn (as per you) so there is no need for extra spawn or Fel; that's great for you but you don't need to concern yourself with the affairs of ATL where we need more spawn or Fel open.
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    I'll let y'all know but please stop with the misinformation. I'm talking from experience on ATL where I will literally go from the entrance to the second level (on ATL) and maybe get 1 kill if I'm lucky. Depending on the time of day I can run from level 2 entrance to the little bridge right before the bone knights area with killing maybe 1 or 2. 

Do you consider killing 6-12 monsters in 5 minutes "killing stuff constantly"? The only constant there is me being bored to tears and increasingly frustrated there isn't more stuff to kill.

Please stop trying to act like you know what you are talking about on a shard you aren't actively playing. Stick to speaking on things LS related. It sounds like your shard is good to go on spawn (as per you) so there is no need for extra spawn or Fel; that's great for you but you don't need to concern yourself with the affairs of ATL where we need more spawn or Fel open.
    Or the high seas 
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Then explain to @Kyronix that Atl is broken. The spawn is supposed to be dynamic. I guess you did not know that...
    I'm going to clarify what Kevin and Allan are saying 
    The ghost ships should look scuttled but sail at regular speed 
    The should be crewed by lich lords with random Juo'nar spawning 
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Then explain to @ Kyronix that Atl is broken. The spawn is supposed to be dynamic. I guess you did not know that...
    Please show me where it says that the spawn will adjust in density based on the number of people in Deceit.

Have you considered that spawn might actually just "auto respawn" whatever is there and not actually have more total spawn than any other dungeon? I guess you didn't think of that because that wouldn't support your assumption. Makes sense.
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Then explain to @ Kyronix that Atl is broken. The spawn is supposed to be dynamic. I guess you did not know that...
    Please show me where it says that the spawn will adjust in density based on the number of people in Deceit.

Have you considered that spawn might actually just "auto respawn" whatever is there and not actually have more total spawn than any other dungeon? I guess you didn't think of that because that wouldn't support your assumption. Makes sense.
    Why yes kevin I think high seas in fel is fantastic i envision an anti paladin island rising of coast of trinsic Juo'nar of course is the champ with various unread for the spawn