Afk at deceit

So of course rumors running rampant could we get official word on what's happening who it's happening to and why   i understand not discussing people getting banned. but everyone should be aware of what's happening. And i strongly suspect this is a thing where COMMUNICATION   would have gone a long way.. @Mesanna ;
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    What’s going on?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    The original code after TO Tokuno was that we can't get drop if we stay at one location AFK. I am not sure if that is changed.

Back in Tokuno, players would pick a room and do AFK and were sent to Bucs Den when reported.

For static AFK just page the GM or lure the paragons over. That was what we did at Hythloth too.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    It seems that there is code for the Deceit Event whereas, if one stays farming at a given location in Deceit for too long, then this "anti-AFK" code will kick in.... not sure, though, after how much time and in what ways.... I always play attended and move all over the place so, I am just saying what I heard from fellow players, no personal experience here...
  • excuse my ignorance, but why aren't people recalling home and logging off or afk etc,  why do people need to afk outside the dungeon to avoid time out?  I dont get it?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited October 2022
    @McDougle - There is finally some new(ish) content to do and you're on here asking for yet more communication about something that doesn't effect you. Did I miss the vote where you were crowned "voice of the people"? Why are are you so worried about this if it doesn't impact you?

It's really pretty simple - don't go AFK in or around the dungeon. I'm seeing people scripting/macroing unattended in several places in Deceit and that's unfair to those people that are actively working the dungeon. The loophole there is that they are doing this in the early AM before GMs are on to do anything. 
  • CadyCady Posts: 21
    Apparently, you do NOT need to be AFK to get flagged as such.  You’ll have an AFK timer put on you even if you’re moving between rooms and talking to other players.  Especially, if you’re talking to other player’s who are not happy that you’ve joined them in ‘their room’.  The GMs won’t review chat logs or anything else to verify that you weren’t AFK.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    To clarify this is people sitting outside the dungeon doing nothing. Maybe a second account with a tamer for paragons at the door or simply run to the grocery store. It's not even that I'm opposed to it. But it's not something that needed to be secretly done
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    To clarify this is people sitting outside the dungeon doing nothing. Maybe a second account with a tamer for paragons at the door or simply run to the grocery store. It's not even that I'm opposed to it. But it's not something that needed to be secretly done
    I disagree. They don't need to send a wide spread message out that they are looking to action "automated / non attended activities" because people shouldn't be doing that anyway. The premise is likely to weed out and catch people who are abusing the mechanics. That's like saying "hey don't multibox between noon to 10pm because we will be looking for and actioning accounts caught multi-boxing." People will adjust their actions based on the message rather than stop doing it.

Obviously there should be an appeal process but those found multiboxing or scripting should at least be jailed, if not banned. They are taking the nicest way out which is those accounts might have the toons die from being overrun. Barely a slap on the wrist.
    Are you missing the point out of dislike for me because I'm talking people sitting OUTSIDE the dungeon doing nothing I've heard it might impact banksitters as well imagine going afk in luna then heading out and dying because you are nerfed for 30 minutes..
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    This hasn't affected me yet.  I guess because I don't sit AFK outside the dungeon (or inside)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I was sitting inside the Royal City and got hit with it. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    McDougle said:
    Are you missing the point out of dislike for me because I'm talking people sitting OUTSIDE the dungeon doing nothing I've heard it might impact banksitters as well imagine going afk in luna then heading out and dying because you are nerfed for 30 minutes..
    Is there a need to go AFK outside the dungeon for X time rather than just recall to your house and log out? 
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @Garth_Grey you mention that you were hit with it in the Royal City - I'm curious the others who have said something similar have all said it was an EJ account they were on at the time. Is that the case with the account you had banned in Royal City? And I'm assuming you didn't have any type of macro running even an EC one at the time is that true?
    Riner said:
    @ Garth_Grey you mention that you were hit with it in the Royal City - I'm curious the others who have said something similar have all said it was an EJ account they were on at the time. Is that the case with the account you had banned in Royal City? And I'm assuming you didn't have any type of macro running even an EC one at the time is that true?
    He didn't say he was banned say your and archer your arrows do no damage for 30 minutes..
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    What were you attacking in the Royal City?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    We were talking about this last night.

Seems so many people are being hit with this afk thing that there might be a backlog?

Say....you're afk outside the dungeon for x amount of time, then decide to recall to a bank or home....then you get hit with it because there's a delay in actioning everyone?

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    McDougle said:
    So of course rumors running rampant could we get official word on what's happening who it's happening to and why   i understand not discussing people getting banned. but everyone should be aware of what's happening. And i strongly suspect this is a thing where COMMUNICATION   would have gone a long way.. @ Mesanna 
    Aha! You can communicate with Mesanna at the cemetery...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Larisa said:

Seems so many people are being hit with this afk thing that there might be a backlog?

Say....you're afk outside the dungeon for x amount of time, then decide to recall to a bank or home....then you get hit with it because there's a delay in actioning everyone?
    When this happens do you get messages that you can not attack the target?  I could not cast on targets and my pet would look like he was attacking and doing no damage.

If so, this was happening in Destard.  I took some pics and added it to someones bug report so I can't find the thread.  Then I could attack again so I thought it was a glitch.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Is the jest of this that you have to move around in Deceit if you want to get drops?  Can you simply go from one room to another or do you have to go from floor to floor?
    edited October 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Is the jest of this that you have to move around in Deceit if you want to get drops?  Can you simply go from one room to another or do you have to go from floor to floor?
    We do not know the exact coding of this.  This all began because players were afking on top of the NPC on Origin.

I had a toon outside deceit all day and was able to go in and help kill paragons at the entry every time that was needed.  
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:

When this happens do you get messages that you can not attack the target?  I could not cast on targets and my pet would look like he was attacking and doing no damage.

If so, this was happening in Destard.  I took some pics and added it to someones bug report so I can't find the thread.  Then I could attack again so I thought it was a glitch.

oh reeeeeally...hmmm

maybe they've been testing it since then??

But yes, I have yet to get this message but my guild mates all say the same thing. They get the little GM Message pop up on their screen and sometimes they were at home or at the bank when the message came through.

On another note, I was down in the Ram Room last night for about 2 hours not moving because all I do is cast trees on my spellweaver and nothing happened to me. I did have to heal myself on occasion but I never moved...so...not sure what triggers it.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I wonder if this applies to dead characters as well. I was going to let a character on one of my accounts get killed then use his ghost to check if my recall spots are safe to recall to. Don't want to recall into the middle of a group of paragons (again).
    edited October 2022
    Larisa said:
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:

oh reeeeeally...hmmm

maybe they've been testing it since then??

But yes, I have yet to get this message but my guild mates all say the same thing. They get the little GM Message pop up on their screen and sometimes they were at home or at the bank when the message came through.

On another note, I was down in the Ram Room last night for about 2 hours not moving because all I do is cast trees on my spellweaver and nothing happened to me. I did have to heal myself on occasion but I never moved...so...not sure what triggers it.
    Ok, I did not get a GM message.  I just got a message saying I could not attack this mob in the bottom left of screen.  I have heard others on LS say they could not attack stuff.  They were playing and came to the dungeon, so they had not been there they were doing other Halloween stuff.  So maybe there is a rare bug that affects killing mobs.  After a few minutes they could kill stuff.
    Jepeth said:
    One of those red dudes had wandered inside the bank area, went into combat, clicked on it..nothing...

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Jepeth said:
    One of those red dudes had wandered inside the bank area, went into combat, clicked on it..nothing...
    And you received the GM message or just observed yourself doing no damage?
    Couldn't hit it, was like I wasn't even trying.

• RadstRadst Posts: 90
    SO that's what happened to me yesterday on Atlantic WTF. I barely did anything or anything shady, and somehow I was flagged and unable to do damage. So far I have gotten only THREE drops. Heck, I dont even hit fast enough to land anything in time.

I refuse to believe GMs have the patience to check and wait on every response. This is absurd.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    I feel like people are just making things up, i consistantly go afk outside between trips to turn-in items or just pure boredom (most common reason) and i've not experienced anything like what's described by some people.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “99% of people on death row will claim they are innocent.
    just saying”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    CovenantX said:
    I feel like people are just making things up, i consistantly go afk outside between trips to turn-in items or just pure boredom (most common reason) and i've not experienced anything like what's described by some people.
    In my initial post i said rumors running rampant  ....