Revision for crafting

Dear's  @Kyronix and @Mesanna, please answer  - can we hope on the reconsider  the crafting in 2018? Thanks !

This city needs a new hero !

Vendors with excellent armor and weapons are always waiting for you on Atlantic )

Tagged:

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    You'll have to be a bit more specific for me to try and get you an answer...
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited June 2018
    Kyronix said:
    How about more more mods can imbued onto armour, maybe jewels, and the ability to use more charges on the runic kits (barbed) to get the possibility of more mods? At the moment a large number of people just use a full suit made from legendary loot items (myself included). I still imbue my own weapons because loot weapons are pretty hard to find with decent mods (apart from splinter weapons). When I say decent mods I mean mods that work well together from the same "named" group.

Maybe the ability to have more control over the mods when reforging. I mean its not much fun spending ages training up a legendary crafter when its all down to the RNG which mods you get.
    Thanks for the feedback.  Nothing this robust is planned for the remainder of 2018, as we are focusing on the various holiday content that we run from September - December.  A continued and fruitful discussion on the topic of crafting is more than welcome though, and the more detailed and robust the feedback, the better we can put together a viable plant to tackle this in the future. 
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @DJAd, I like those ideas.  Another is to drop (maybe halve) the imbuing weight (IW) of exceptionally crafted weapons and armor.  For example, a weapon might be crafted with 40 Damage Increase (DI, 80 IW) with the material adding 40 luck (40 IW).  If features that cannot be imbued have an IW, such as durability, then that feature would count as 0 IW. This suggestion would help scale imbued crafted weapons into the range of really good loot.

(It was also frustrating to find that my young imbuer couldn't add much of significance to an exceptionally crafted weapon with 40 DI.  His low skill only allowed him to go to about 100 IW, so his limited results were disappointing. On a wooden weapon, ash supplies 10% SSI, and combined with its 40% DI, there wasn't anything additional he could imbue.  I realize as his Imbuing skill rises, so will the max IW he is able to achieve.)
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
    How about also adding more mods that come when enhancing with special materials. Currently the most popular ones are:

spined/oak/gold: +40 luck (when making luck suits)
    heartwood for either 5 HCI / 10 damage increase
    bloodwood for the 2 HPR

You could add bonus properties to all of the other materials to spice things up a bit. Bump up the resists you get from enhancing along with bonus mods.

So for example, you enhance something with horned leather you would get resists and lets say 2 MR. 100% success with the forge tool of course. The resist bonus from horned is currently: 2,4,3,3,3. That could easily be doubled these days. Even with base resists then enhanced it would still be quite a way off the resists from a legendary (brittle) part that rolls with max resists.
    Another thing that might be quite interesting would be the ability to "re-roll" a certain mod on a jewel / armour.

Say for example you find a loot ring with the following:

FC 1
    FCR 3
    DCI 15
    SDI 15
    DI 25

Using some resources and maybe some gold the crafter could choose 1 mod (in this example the damage increase) and have the ability to re-roll (you would need to think of a cool name for this) the mod and it would swap to something else random. Lets say it lands with 15 HCI. Don't want this? roll again!
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited June 2018

Maybe we could think of "balance" between crafted and looted items differently.

Right now it seems that making crafted and looted items "balance", means making them the same power. I.E. if one goes to 60%, the other should go to 60%. If one has 8 mods, the other should have 8 mods as well.

Playing off what @DJAd is saying, maybe we could think of it as:

Looted items have more powerful modifiers overall, but those modifiers are random.

Crafted items have less overall power, but are completely controllable.

Leave reforging/enhancing in game, but remove the RNG from them entirely and allow the player to make exactly what they want.

That way the balance point between crafted and looted becomes "control" vs. "power", rather than "power" vs. "power".

Make crafters, you know, crafters, and leave the RNG for loot. Who knows what an Orc or Deamon want's on their gear anyway?

-Arroth
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    I’m sick of reading these stupid threads to make crafting more powerful. I can’t remember who said it, but someone wrote something like this:
    ”year 1 boost crafting
    year 2 crafting is op boost loot
    year 3 loot is op boost crafting 
    rinse and repeat”

why can they not just admit their mistake and say yes we were right to put brittle items at 75 durability and we were wrong to listen to customers. Devs are almost always right. They should have more faith in themselves. Put brittle back to 75 and go on holiday. No extra work required. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ZedZed Posts: 33
    Kyronix said:
          Legendary items have become too much, they are losing value more and more,we have already discussed many possible solutions for craft changes,and bringing to correspondence to the world loot the items made by the craftsman. Sir Kyronix, if you are interested, I can write you this in personal  message  on email.                                                                                                          

This city needs a new hero !

Vendors with excellent armor and weapons are always waiting for you on Atlantic )

Zed said:
    Kyronix said:
          Legendary items have become too much, they are losing value more and more,we have already discussed many possible solutions for craft changes,and bringing to correspondence to the world loot the items made by the craftsman. Sir Kyronix, if you are interested, I can write you this in personal  message  on email.                                                                                                          
    Feel free to send an email to uo@broadsword.com if you prefer!  Will certainly be read!