Bravo Devs for the EJ botting stop

@Mesanna @Kyronix i love the account bound items for EJ accounts. this is a great step forward in stopping the cheating! this is great!

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    drops are account bound for ej and not paid account ? 
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Fortis said:
    drops are account bound for ej and not paid account ? 
    yes, only way to remove the account bound for EJ is too pay for the account and that drops it
    where do you see this? a dev wrote somehting about this? 
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Fortis said:
    where do you see this? a dev wrote somehting about this? 
    i tested it myself after someone told me about it, it's all 100% true
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Oh wow are the account bound ones shard bound also?  Show a picture please.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    you can't turn the items in on other accounts either.  finally something's been done.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    if a reward is claim is it account bound?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    not going to farm enough points to test that, but the claimed rewards are actually "Character Bound" onTC1 when claimed with EJ accounts. 
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • OatsOats Posts: 10
    This is a big step in the right direction. Indeed bravo devs! 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    That’s great!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Good job... next is to remove the shard bound for paid sub and 14 year veterans and and and we are all good...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    I looked at it on TC1 as well.  Had to copy a char over on a paid account to use the 5k point clicky, because EJ can't.  Did that, had the EJ char take it.  Grabbed one pair of SS1 epaulettes, had Shard Bound and Owned By Beastmaster on it (might've said account bound on it, but I have to go back over there to look.)  Re-subbed on the account, grabbed another copy of the SSI Epaulettes, its only tag was Shard Bound.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Good.  EJ accounts can be used as intended and not to provide huge advantages to experienced players that know how to cheat with them.  Good job.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Absolutely good work, Developers !!

This is the right Design to go !!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Yeah it will be awesome to see all of the scripts running, but feel good knowing they're all paid accounts. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Paid accts can be acted upon. Who would be stupid enough to risk the master accts scripting. A great step in the right direction   
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I am waiting to see how bots can handle Deceit as claimed by so many here. 

This isn't the same as Destard ToT during the first few weeks where all just stand there and spam spells. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I'm glad to see the EJ account tags on items. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to get around subbing for 30 days after the event to untag items to be able to trade them. Definitely seems like a step in the right direction! 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Riner said:
    I'm glad to see the EJ account tags on items. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to get around subbing for 30 days after the event to untag items to be able to trade them. Definitely seems like a step in the right direction! 
    As said then they have to wait 120 days to go back to EJ.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Riner said:

You might want to re-read the publish notes

EJ participation in Dynamic ToT Events has been changed as follows,
    • EJ accounts receiving a minor artifact drop will have that drop account bound.  There is no way to remove account bound status of these items.
    • Veteran accounts receiving a minor artifact drop will not have that drop account bound
    • EJ accounts may turn in account bound minor artifacts that belong to their account
    • EJ accounts may turn in non-account bound minor artifacts
    • EJ accounts may not turn in account bound minor artifacts that do not belong to their account
    • Veteran accounts may not turn in account bound minor artifacts that do not belong to their account
    • Rewards redeemed from the Artifact Trader by an EJ account will be account bound, except lore book pages.  There is no way to remove the account bound status of these items.
    • Rewards redeemed from the Artifact Trader by a veteran account will not be account bound
    • EJ accounts may only redeem non-decorative equipment and lore pages from the artifact trader.
    • Veteran accounts may redeem all rewards from the artifact trader

• Sadly straight away in ATL a multi boxer.  Anthony Hopkins with several throwers auto targeting as they follow him and is frost dragon.  Reported. lets see if the GM deal with them quickly 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I was on Origin last night and several people were talking about gargoyles being actioned because they were reported so it's worth a try.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @Mariah Wow Thanks for pointing that out! I would have sworn that I read that the status would be removed if the account was later paid for. Not sure where I read it but it was clearly incorrect. I really appreciate this change and think it will go a long way forward. My thanks to the Developers for making this happen!