Please make sure EJ accts CANNOT take part in the latest Dungeon event

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
I do not want EJ throwaway acct cheats having any way to script and ruin paid accts participation in the event like previous events.
  1. Should EJ accts have access to Deceit dungeon dynamic event41 votes
    1. Block EJ acct Access
      75.61%
    2. Allow EJ acct access
      24.39%

Comments

• DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Couldn’t agree with this more, I’d it’s not on in fel to try and help stop the cheating. Block all EJ access to it and don’t let them in, limited bank, limited dungeon access also 
  • MitMit Posts: 33
    edited October 2022
    They should have to pay to participate in any event of any kind 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Mit said:
    They should have to pay participate in any event of any kind 
    At least buy an entry ticket 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited October 2022
    What part of "Endless" Journey is difficult for people to grasp? Preventing legitimate players from playing just because a few people abuse EJ accounts to farm doesn't actually do anything to stop the problem.

The better solution is just to page on those players using EJ armies to farm, that way the character ID is logged and a GM can reference it and the actual account as well as look into the master accounts those accounts are linked to. There is an unwritten threshold of an acceptable number of EJ accounts per master account, and if players are found to be abusing the privilege of using EJ accounts to farm, the entire master account gets banned.

The EJ system wasn't created just to diminish the experience EJ players participating can have simply because you're jaded and find their existence to be off less value than your own simply because you spend $10 a month, or whatever the exchange rate is for gold.

Are there people who abuse EJ accounts? Sure, but there are just as many people doing the same thing with non-EJ accounts. The solution is better policing, not degrading the legitimate player experience.

It's not only up to the GMs to police these things either, it's up to the players to correctly report those characters who are abusing the situation, and unfortunately this more often than not fails because it requires an unbiased, unassuming page, filled with factual information. Whereas most people paging resort to assumption, jaded bias, and nasty ultimatum if there is no immediate action taken. Use the page system to give the GMs the info that they need to investigate.
  • ChurchChurch Posts: 40
    edited October 2022
    Yep the EJ system is broken for events. I know of many people who have ( an Army ) of bots  that sit in a dungeon and farm the drops on scripts. Nothing will ever be done to them and they all know it. I've heard them brag in discord channels about getting hundreds of drops a day using throwers and cross heal scripts. However a 25 year old game, dev's probably could fix it but won't. It's a lot like the HUGE player base using ***** to pvp. They could probably stop that as well but won't because they would lose revenue.
    edited by Mariah
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Software for this game is so old never know what’s realistic and what’s not.  Just make EJ drops account bound.  They can’t have vendors so that seems fair.  Players would not be able to use EJ accounts to farm stuff for their vendors and legitimate players could enjoy the events.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    gay said:

The better solution is just to page on those players using EJ armies to farm, that way the character ID is logged and a GM can reference it and the actual account as well as look into the master accounts those accounts are linked to. There is an unwritten threshold of an acceptable number of EJ accounts per master account, and if players are found to be abusing the privilege of using EJ accounts to farm, the entire master account gets banned.

While that sounds good in theory, you DO NOT even need a valid email or any sort of validation to create an EJ account. They would have to do IP checks.
    Urge said:
    gay said:

While that sounds good in theory, you DO NOT even need a valid email or any sort of validation to create an EJ account. They would have to do IP checks.

Define "Valid Email". Any email/exchange services designed to accept emails for recipients across a registered domain is a "valid email" by design. And email in no way validates a person as a person, just like a social security number in the USA doesn't validate a person as a person, it's just a registered reference that a person can use as a point of contact.

An "invalid email" would actually be one that that actually doesn't exist or that someone mistyped and cannot log into.

On the topic of invalidation, I would also say that IP checks are incapable of accuracy as well, because of VPNs.

But I get what you infer, that people are clever enough to not tie all their EJ accounts into the same master account, and so forth. Which then falls into the unwritten threshold rule, if someone is paged on for script farming, and they only have one, or lets say three accounts all EJ linked to that master account, then 100% of their accounts are EJ and satisfies broadswords definition for accounts they are comfortable actioning as EJ farmers.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Arnold7 said:
    Software for this game is so old never know what’s realistic and what’s not.  Just make EJ drops account bound.  They can’t have vendors so that seems fair.  Players would not be able to use EJ accounts to farm stuff for their vendors and legitimate players could enjoy the events.
    Sounds like a good plan. EJ is supposed to be a teaser, not a free account to enjoy the full game including ToT. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    Wait... EJ's have access to loot for next event? 
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Sounds like a good plan. EJ is supposed to be a teaser, not a free account to enjoy the full game including ToT. 

Incorrect, yet again.

If EJ was meant only to be a "teaser" it would have a time limit and be called a trial.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    gay said:
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:

Incorrect, yet again.

If EJ was meant only to be a "teaser" it would have a time limit and be called a trial.
    No it could have been all the rules of a Trial Account with unlimited days.
    gay said:
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:

Incorrect, yet again.

Where does the definition of teaser refer to trial, and limited time?

So in your opinion EJ should have the same privileges and content as a paid subscriber?
    Seth said:
    gay said:
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:

Incorrect, yet again.

So in your opinion EJ should have the same privileges and content as a paid subscriber?

So not only were you wrong, now in light of being wrong you're just gonna jump to conclusions and make assumptions?

My views on EJs are more than public, feel free to flip through the pages if you actually want to learn them.
    edited October 2022
    gay said:
    Seth said:
    gay said:
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:

Incorrect, yet again.

So not only were you wrong, now in light of being wrong you're just gonna jump to conclusions and make assumptions?

My views on EJs are more than public, feel free to flip through the pages if you actually want to learn them.
    huh? what conclusions, assumptions? You mean you can't answer the 2 simple questions?
  • I just returned to the game after a long break, and I signed in just to vote
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I think EJ accounts should have access, but should accumulate points toward a drop at a lower rate, say 50% of a paid account rate.  They can participate but there is still a significant advantage to having a paid account.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    EJ had access to the drops in the last 3 or 4 events, and whoever made the decision for Ej accounts to receive drops should have been fired immediately after suggesting it.

The scripting gets very heavy particularly after the first week or two mostly in trammel of course... in fel pvp prevents most, if not all of it.

but you know what they say?  If you can't beat em, join em... seems to be the only way the devs might get the message..  They've Mr.Magoo'd it long enough.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    ^ Yeah people should always be fired from their job if they make a decision that a random person on the internet doesn’t like. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Ahh good change to the Items farmed & claimed by EJ accounts.

Devs+1.

Lets get a +2 by activating the fel side plz.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • I voted that they not participate but only because I didnt know they had the ability to make them EJ only, which is good for the legitimate EJ crowd.. but it leaves the script farming (the real issue) unaddressed. But the script farming is indicative of other issues (drop rates, tedium, etc). Its an older game, its bound to be in it.

Even if there were other games this many years old, with this level of activity you would be hard pressed to find one with less of this activity it's justt he way of the world it seems.

Hopefully this doesn't sound negative it's not meant to, I'm glad for the change and very glad more players can participate EJ or not.
  • RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    edited October 2022
    I don’t know if everyone in this thread saw, but the event drops that an EJ receives is not only shard bound it is also account bound. The account bound restriction is then lifted once the account is paid for. I for one am extremely happy with this change.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    a question about innovations.If a free account, playing 5 charms (party) knocks out 1000 artifacts for each, then pays for 5 accounts and takes them as veterans? Do you think this is normal?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    twizag said:
    a question about innovations.If a free account, playing 5 charms (party) knocks out 1000 artifacts for each, then pays for 5 accounts and takes them as veterans? Do you think this is normal?
    So what's the solution make them pay for a year ? I think the developers are trying we've had great communication and acknowledgement of issues!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    It’s a little disappointing that legit EJ won’t be able to use this type of event as a way to make a little gold for purchasing other items they might need, but I think it’s an acceptable middle ground to full access and no access to the content.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    According to the publish notes there is no way to remove the account or character bound statuses.
    In regards to turning those drops for points AFTER activating the account: it will be really difficult to store 1000s of drops on an EJ account with only a backpack and limited bank storage. They could fill a house, or two however.  

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    So the rewards that an EJ account gets are permanently account bound.  So they have to be a paid account to redeem rewards to get them as normal.  So these EJ accounts have to decide before they use the points.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    In the past, I was a voice for restricting EJ access to various events and aspects of the game, but I think in this instance that the developers have found a good middle ground in order to get some EJ's to sign up for a full subscription.  I think it warrants atleast testing this live and if there is some sort of clear disastrous EJ abuse, then I am sure it will pop up here on the forums and in feed back to devs to make a change.  
  • The fact that step was made shows care and is something that should help with the overall sentiment I see alot. I enjoy the game tho.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    But are they able still to put them on a vendor? I can see some scamming going on there if there allowed to be placed on a Vendor. Seen people try and sell Shard shield tokens before for 100mil saying Cheap transfer token. 
This discussion has been closed.