Suggestion: remove timers from peerless keys

2»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2018
    waste the time? It’s called an encounter, you’re supposed to experience the whole thing, not just buy the keys and do boss after boss. I’m sure more of them would get done yes. There would be a whole key to boss production line, but that is not the point. 

Its like saying you should be able to just buy the arrarat equipment, you’re supposed to do the quest. 

Also 6 days is a long time. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited May 2018
    Mervyn said:
    In your opinion. I would love for no timers personally.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I also feel the timers should be a lot longer or gone.  There are players who like to do that part of the quest more than they like to go inside.  Would also help Community Event coordinators if they did not have timers.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2018
     Mervyn said:

This is the bit I want to pick up on, 6 days just doesn't seem that long for me anymore, time flies by. :/

Say it takes 10 of us 2 hours to collect the Exodus keys one evening, it can then be too late, or many of us cannot commit to completing the encounter itself, so we put it off for another day. My working week is so busy, I don't get so much time in the evenings, the odd evening here or there can be filled up with pvp, other events, you never know how it's going to go, it isn't easy often to pull a group back together. I find it hardest with Exodus I guess as a team.

Others - Peerless, are not really a problem, though like someone has said, we collect keys, leave them in a guild chest, and hope someone uses them, or if it's one we want to solo - just don't get round to it.

I'd happily have the timer extended. I'd even get rid of the timer if people felt it wasn't game-breaking. If someone wanted to argue it was game-breaking for some reason, and having keys stacked up was an issue - I could buy it.

Making them Vendorable - would add to the Gaming Cycle, it would enhance the game for new players, gathering focused players, traders, and endgame hunters - all a good thing.

You talk about Lazyness - maybe it is on the part of the buyer - but the collecting effort is still being put in by someone - it's just someone else. So there is ultimately no change in the level of effort required.

The only 2 weakness I see are - which people are avoiding mentioning;

1. Script key farming - they could be farmed in unlimited quantities by scripters.
    2. Sampires - They can then just go out and solo stuff non-stop from the script farmed keys - thus killing off another market and content style and making the game too easy.

I think ultimately - these are the 2 issues preventing this concept.

It brings the whole debate around to - Sampires and Script farming need to be fixed - then we can have nice things ingame again, and the game can run in a better way for the players. So you have to accept this could be an outcome, or you find a solution, or, you do nothing, and keep living in fear of these issues and hamstringing the players over this. You all know my solutions re Sampires and Script Farming - I won't bore you again, or divert the thread into these controversial areas.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Cookie said:

The only 2 weakness I see are - which people are avoiding mentioning;

1. Script key farming - they could be farmed in unlimited quantities by scripters.
    2. Sampires - They can then just go out and solo stuff non-stop from the script farmed keys - thus killing off another market and content style and making the game too easy.

I think ultimately - these are the 2 issues preventing this concept.

Probably avoiding that because it already goes on while the life-span on keys exists... Neither one of those things supports keeping the timers on the keys, it's only non-cheaters that always lose out due to the timers.... free-time & energy is what scripters/botters don't run out of, everyone else plays by the rules and gets left behind.

Besides, much worse things went on fairly recently... like farming encounters without "keying" in the first place, which (I assume) is probably the main reason for the temporary suspension of the "Advisor Program"... people abusing their powers to essentially skip the grind of keying (and much worse) going straight to the rewarding stuff, while everyone else fights the RNG to get drops, only to concede and buy the loot cheaper from the people flooding the market with it.

Who wants to farm Exodus, when you could just buy a bag of 20 +5 stat-scrolls for 15m?  The price has gone up since (because they need to farm keys like the rest of us now), legitimate players have lost interest.

The "bar" has been raised so much in the last 2 years in terms of global loot item quality (Powercreep), because of mass-farming via illegal means. Now the "good" loot has flooded the market mostly loaded on auction safes, it seems near impossible for non-botters to get items like those, let alone a house full of auction safes worth (and many more) of them.

Banning cheaters would have slowed the diminished interest in much of the content, instead it's gone on so long the damage is already done,
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Suppose they were like plants, or chicken lizard eggs. Putting them in a secure container suspends the timer, plants don't grow, eggs don't mature. Keys don't decay?  I'm not really in favour of vendors selling them though.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    Mervyn said:
    I can’t believe how lazy people have gotten, the keys were designed this way for a reason, they didn’t accidentally go to the trouble of putting a timer on and accidentally make them non vendorable.

Whatever next? Make the champs never ever revert so you can get half way, go out to lunch and come back and complete it?

The keys are part of the encounter, quit trying to jump to the end content (the boss). 
    LMAO. they didnt start with a timer, i believe one was added due to our script / multibox friends monopolizing the key drops and selling them at massively inflated prices when ML first came out. This should no longer be an issue for several reasons - its no longer new and exciting content, game population has ebbed quite a bit since then, and the worst offenders on that sort of behavior have been recently curtailed. As such there is no longer a need for a timer - what was designed as a way to make peerless encounters accessible to more people has gotten to the point where it has the opposite effect as the game has evolved. Conditions change, content that doesnt change with them dies just as peerless runs have.

Are you that guy who stands on his porch shaking his cane at kids yelling GET OFF MY LAWN?
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Putting them in a secure container suspends the timer
    That would be nice.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Vendors are a pretty secure container. I would be down with the timer stopping once it leaves a player backpack and enters another secure pack like a vendor. Once it's purchased, the timer starts back up.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    if they place goalposts on the lawn, I can guarantee the kids will be kicking a football on it, that is why the goalposts were moved in the first place. Get off my lawn!
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002