New Trick or treat and Bones Hues

Are these also not starting til the dungeon goes live?

Comments

• ChurchChurch Posts: 40
    edited October 2022
    I dunno. I have almost 16 hours in trick or treating on Catskills. gotten almost 150 special items, not 1 of them has been the 2 new items. I'm also using 2000+ luck suit and GM Begging skills. I was wondering if they forgot to turn on the new items in the loot tables. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Haven't been trick or treating much but I have gotten 23 bones and no new colors

I did get one red one that I locked down.

• ChurchChurch Posts: 40
    I have a red set of bones but it was last years or the year before. 

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited October 2022
    Uh, they haven't published out what's on TC to the other shards yet...

Have to wait until the Publish gets to those shards before you'll see the new stuff on those shards.

:* 
    -Arroth
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Church said:
    I was wondering if they forgot to turn on the new items in the loot tables. 
    I was starting to think the same thing. I have heard from a few people that did Trick or Tricking all day and didn't get a any new ones. Since those two activities are already going, I thought we'd have the new items too. Kyronix had turned on the graveyards for me on test center and I tried for new bone colors there. I didn't get any new colors; just white, gold, and the orangie yellow color.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2022
    @Arroth_Thaiel is correct. 

The publish with the new items has not been activated on prodo shards, it's still on test center. Yearly Halloween content is on a date trigger, October 1st. It's been this way for years except they usually have the new stuff added before the trigger date. This year it's been added after. People will just need to wait a few more days.

And there are the bone colors we found while testing on TC1:
    Wildfire hue: 2758
    Daemonic Forces: Hue 2753.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Violet said:

And there are the bone colors we found while testing on TC1:
    Wildfire hue: 2758
    Daemonic Forces: Hue 2753.
    Nice!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Does a character need to die anywhere to spawn bones or does the death need to occur in a graveyard? Regards, Hippo
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Hippo said:
    Does a character need to die anywhere to spawn bones or does the death need to occur in a graveyard? Regards, Hippo

Anywhere.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Hippo said:
    Pro tip:
    -camp your fighter in a graveyard 

-start an EJ noob character with the name you want 

-take EJ character to an ilish moongate for super fast deaths and quick rez (more deaths = more named skeletons)

-enjoy your bones

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited October 2022
    Urge said:
    Hippo said:
    Pro tip:
    -camp your fighter in a graveyard 

-start an EJ noob character with the name you want 

-take EJ character to an ilish moongate for super fast deaths and quick rez (more deaths = more named skeletons)

-enjoy your bones

So you don't need to die in the same sub-server as the graveyard?

Ex: Will dying in Britain have your skeleton more at Britain graveyard than in Vesper? Or would it equally be at both graveyards?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    you don't even need to die on the same facet!
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Nope. You can die anywhere and spawn anywhere. 

From what I've seen over the years of bones, I believe each death is timed and put into a que to be spawned at the first available graveyard. 

First death first served kind of thing. 

It's best to do my method server up if you want a solid shot at your bones. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Sweet thanks for the info. Haven't done bones in several years so wasn't sure if anything had changed.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Church said:
    I dunno. I have almost 16 hours in trick or treating on Catskills. gotten almost 150 special items, not 1 of them has been the 2 new items. I'm also using 2000+ luck suit and GM Begging skills. I was wondering if they forgot to turn on the new items in the loot tables. 
    Does luck even play a part in Halloween drops like chance of carving kits, or pumpkins from Grimm, or special items from Trick or Treating, chance of bones on named skellies? Did I forget anything?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    Church said:
    Does luck even play a part in Halloween drops like chance of carving kits, or pumpkins from Grimm, or special items from Trick or Treating, chance of bones on named skellies? Did I forget anything?
    Is everyone missing it's not live yet
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes luck does effect trick or treating, supposedly. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210

Systems Affected by Luck

Luck will affect the following systems,

• Treasure Chest Loot
    • SoS Chests
    • Monster Loot
    • Dredging Hooks
    • Mining for Saltpeter
    • Quest Rewards
    • Trick or Treat Begging
    • Artifact drops from:
      • Shadowguard
      • Ilshenar Paragons
      • Halloween ‘treasures of’ events
    Thanks you guys. Appreciate the info. @McDougle T or T is live. I don't think the new items have gone live yet.
    Violet said: Yearly Halloween content is on a date trigger, October 1st. It's been this way for years except they usually have the new stuff added before the trigger date. This year it's been added after. People will just need to wait a few more days.

Which means, we weren't wrong in thinking that the new stuff for Trick or Treating and Boneyards should have been added in when it started on Oct. 1st.

McDougle said:
    People can't get correct info and prepare themselves?

Marge said:

Right? Thanks for asking. Easy to not know the new content hasn't been added and wonder what the heck is wrong with your character and why aren't they getting new drops.
    Marge said:

Which means, we weren't wrong in thinking that the new stuff for Trick or Treating and Boneyards should have been added in when it started on Oct. 1st.
    Except there are clear patch notes stating that content is for publish 114 and is on TC1 currently.

Yes, it's disappointing to have to wait a few extra days, but the content will be on Production shards soon.

There will be additional posts by the dev team when that content is moved Origin and then to the rest of the production shards so players can know when that content reaches their servers.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Marge said:
    Violet said: Yearly Halloween content is on a date trigger, October 1st. It's been this way for years except they usually have the new stuff added before the trigger date. This year it's been added after. People will just need to wait a few more days.

McDougle said:

They added new things at the last minute. So the live shards need the patch. But I'd rather have new things and have to wait.

For those the don't know, there were new T or T last year. They were pretty rare so use this time to get those.

I'm wondering if the dungeon will begin this week.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Violet said:
    Marge said:

Except there are clear patch notes stating that content is for publish 114 and is on TC1 currently.

Yes, it's disappointing to have to wait a few extra days, but the content will be on Production shards soon.

There will be additional posts by the dev team when that content is moved Origin and then to the rest of the production shards so players can know when that content reaches their servers.
    Ridiculous to think the majority of players wouldn't think it likely the new content came with turning on Trick or Treating. Geez, light up, Francis. 
    Well there were patch notes and we read them so our expectations were different than the people who didn't read or understand them.  *shrug*  I was trying to help so players could adjust their current expectations and understanding of the matter.  Have fun playing. :)
    Fair enough, I guess. Your commentary landed with me as though you thought a player that didn't read the patch notes, or read them but didn't consider the new Halloween content would still require another patch, must be lamebrained. Seemed kinda snarky. If snarkiness wasn't your intent, my apologies for misreading you. 

Yep, hope you have fun too. :-} 

LilyGrace said:
    Fair enough, I guess. Your commentary landed with me as though you thought a player that didn't read the patch notes, or read them but didn't consider the new Halloween content would still require another patch, must be lamebrained. Seemed kinda snarky. If snarkiness wasn't your intent, my apologies for misreading you. 

Yep, hope you have fun too. :-} 

You were right Lily; it is snarky. Yes I read the patch notes - yes I understood them. In past years; even when they had a new dungeon to patch in, new ToT items were ready to go Oct.1st. I remember spending the few days before the dungeon going live getting the new ToT items. 

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “The new hues might be live now because although pub 114 went to test, the fix for mounting when in combat mode went live immediately, I noticed this as the bug normally costs official classic client users several million gold every day in wasted 16th Anni mounts (and would cause death), now there is finally no double expense to playing official client”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Marge said:

You were right Lily; it is snarky. 

I dunno, I don’t get it. It’s not that hard to be friendly or just not say anything at all.