Veteran Rewards

2»

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 459
    Merlin is right.  It's not like they aren't already available.  Money is just going to the wrong people.  Shard shields can stay 10 year vet rewards and new players can't use them.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I am at the point where anything and everything should be for sale in the Store.
    AMEN  Better UO gets it than a 3rd party
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Votes are close  :D started off so well for yes’s  :#

• Eliminate shard transfers and economy with get better. It's a way to remove economy from slower shards. Never liked it or used it.  yes my accounts are of age too, just ruins the game.  
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Eliminate shard transfers and economy with get better. It's a way to remove economy from slower shards. Never liked it or used it.  yes my accounts are of age too, just ruins the game.  
    Or, as I prefer, makes it *a lot* cheaper, so even "low level" accounts can afford it more than occasionally and not only the "Trader Oligarchy" as is today, and you get the same result, plus, IMO, a lot of lively intercahange between Shards, that can, always IMO, only benefit the world of UO.

If the customers can vote with their "feet", and not only the Trade Barons, the prices will have to go down.
    edited March 2018
    PapaSmurf said:
    Votes are close  :D started off so well for yes’s  :#
    Well, if I understood well as the Forum registration functions (and anticipated apologies if I'm wrong), one UO ***Game Account*** (and NOT one person-specific Broadsword Main Account) registetred on the Forum equals to one vote. Do the math and the inferences by yourself... B) ;)
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018
    I would do an ethereal serpentine dragon-mount-whatever that does not cost 300mil.

Ill pay you 10$ Broadsword, no more, no less!

That way, I can collect over time as I see fit. :p
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2018
    I don't understand why some people are still so dead set that they are better than someone else simply because they've played longer. I have not once, ever, played this game for anyone else but myself, but it has never once, bothered me that someone else had something that I had, regardless of how hard it was for me to get, or how long it took. I don't think I'm special, I just think some of you think you are.
    "When I bought my first computer I paid a couple of thousand bucks. I still hate the retailers for not making today's kids pay as much as I had to pay 10 years ago."

But then UO made those people. No other game I know has such crazy entitled people, emailing the producer personally, demanding totally exclusive items and what not. And Broadsword still encourage it.

I'm all in for adding vet rewards to the store (you a) either buy it or b) just get them as a gift for free for sticking with the game). But the note "Obviously the account would need to be of age to buy these items as to not flood the market" is destroying the whole point of it. So I rather voted NO.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    JollyJade said:

(...) No other game I know has such crazy entitled people, emailing the producer personally, demanding totally exclusive items and what not. And Broadsword still encourage it. (...)

Personally I find that to have a reasonable certainty to receive a reply if you write to Mesanna or other people of Broadsword is one of the thing that makes UO absolutely unique. That, and the possibility to build personalize houses, and for both of them I'm grateful and try not to abuse these possibilities.
    But asking to change the Store rules is, IMO, not abusing it. I don't feel "entitled", I merely ask for something that could make my way of playing more enjoyable, and STS for all is the main one for me right now.
    Asking for, NOT demanding... B) :)
    Cheers
    Ivenor
    JollyJade said:
    I don't understand why some people are still so dead set that they are better than someone else simply because they've played longer. I have not once, ever, played this game for anyone else but myself, but it has never once, bothered me that someone else had something that I had, regardless of how hard it was for me to get, or how long it took. I don't think I'm special, I just think some of you think you are.

I'm all in for adding vet rewards to the store (you a) either buy it or b) just get them as a gift for free for sticking with the game). But the note "Obviously the account would need to be of age to buy these items as to not flood the market" is destroying the whole point of it. So I rather voted NO.
    So, anyone buying said items can use them like ethereal mounts without being the correct account age?

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    PapaSmurf said:
    JollyJade said:

So, anyone buying said items can use them like ethereal mounts without being the correct account age?
    Anybody can use any vet reward at any age except the Shard Shields
    Bilbo said:

False...

PapaSmurf said:
    Bilbo said:

False...

Hmmm... please indicate a VR that not all age accounts can use, beside the STS...
    Ivenor said:
    PapaSmurf said:
    Bilbo said:

False...

Hmmm... please indicate a VR that not all age accounts can use, beside the STS...
    For example...
    Ethereal Mounts if the account is not of age...
    Some dye tubs if the account is not age...
    House add-ons cant be placed if the account is not of age...

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    PapaSmurf said:
    For example...
    That was changed quite a while back. Anyone may use a transferable reward at any age now.  The only items which can't be use by anyone are the shields and soulstones.
    PapaSmurf said:
    For example...
    That was changed quite a while back. Anyone may use a transferable reward at any age now.  The only items which can't be use by anyone are the shields and soulstones.
    Well damn... I stand corrected, my apologies I honestly had no idea haha  :s

edited March 2018
    PapaSmurf said:
    For example...
    Exactly. UOGuide still gives the "age lock" on USING the VR, but today it is untrue. STS and "installed" SS cannot be used by chars form other accounts because they are ACCOUNT locked, NOT age locked, and, in the case of STS, (unfairly, IMO, as I already said.. :) ) only obtainable ***directly*** Account locked (FWIK, at least...) at the 15 years mark...
    PapaSmurf said:
    PapaSmurf said:
    For example...
    Well damn... I stand corrected, my apologies I honestly had no idea haha  :s
    As I said, the problem is that UOGuide still gives ALL the VR, even the transferable ones, as "age locked"... :|