Can we get a fix to the recipe book please?

So basically theres 175 different recipes, and the book has a maximum of 250 recipes.
You cant have 2x each recipe or it would greatly exceed the maximum 250 in a book.

Some of the recipes I have is 7-8 in same kind. You know you do a idoc and get a new recipe or you do the quest and get a random recipe, or from somewhere else, suddenly you have more than 1 of the same kind.  But the stupid book dont have room, its a design flaw.

How you solve this? By another book, one with recipes from 0-100 the other with 100-175, but that dont work neither, it becomes full and not room for new ones, so you need a new book, and a new and a new.

All this has a simple solution: increase the book to hold 750 recipes, if not more.

The same logic can be applied to the powerscroll book, alacrity or transcendense book. if you even silly enough to have 105,110,115s in same book you can end up with a full book where you still dont have enough to scrollbind a single scroll.  So you need one book for 105s, one for 110, one for 115 etc, and even that doesnt work so you need multiple 110 books etc.  

silly design, is this really supposed to work like this?

Comments

• you could do what i do and get a Book for each craft. but yeah, it'd be nice to have it hold more.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    It would be nice for books to hold more but using more books isn't that hard. 

UO has a massive hoarding problem. Let it go. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    +1 Urge...how many people have 8364864864 tall and short 18th anniversary vase recipes? Milk, white and dark chocolate nutcracker recipes??

How many do you really need?? Keep an extra just in case, put the rest on a vendor or gift them to someone who might need them

Same with BOD's....fill the ones you don't need to turn in for others, bribe em up, fill em turn em in STOP HOARDING!!!

• Larisa said:
    +1 Urge...how many people have 8364864864 tall and short 18th anniversary vase recipes? Milk, white and dark chocolate nutcracker recipes??

How many do you really need?? Keep an extra just in case, put the rest on a vendor or gift them to someone who might need them

Same with BOD's....fill the ones you don't need to turn in for others, bribe em up, fill em turn em in STOP HOARDING!!!

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I would recommend selling the recipes you don’t personally need. Hoarding them doesn’t really seem to make sense, in my opinion. I have a bunch saved up but periodically put a many of them on a vendor.  They usually sell pretty easy.  Some of them can sell for a good amount. 
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Why would I sell the recipes if I dont need money?

Its a design flaw, fix it.

Even if you add the recipe book onto a vendor you can still only sell one of each recipe cause of the max number anyway, its ridicolus.

Together we improve the game!

• Make all the prior reward books craft able.  recipes, transcendence, powerscroll books, etc.  Make the jewelry box craft able too.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Make all the prior reward books craft able.  recipes, transcendence, powerscroll books, etc.  Make the jewelry box craft able too.
    Everything in game should be craftable...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Make all the prior reward books craft able.  recipes, transcendence, powerscroll books, etc.  Make the jewelry box craft able too.
    Sounds like a good plan for future cleanup rewards 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Jewelry box definitely. I was so excited when I learn about this box some time back. I missed collecting the reward so I went to Atlantic and bought 10. Then I realised it does not have search function like other containers in EC. 

:'( :(  
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    psycho said:
    Why would I sell the recipes if I dont need money?

Its a design flaw, fix it.

Even if you add the recipe book onto a vendor you can still only sell one of each recipe cause of the max number anyway, its ridicolus.

Together we improve the game!

Then ALL books are flawed.
  • McDougle said:
    Everything in game should be craftable...
    *Start's crafting a UFO for the aliens*

• Larisa said:

LOOL
  • Honestly, the recipe books should be able to hold recipes the way the seed boxes hold seeds:

X amount of unique recipes

XXXX amount of total recipes

just saying ...
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]