Pub 114 Feedback Thread

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
Feedback Here

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Paras should not be allowed near the entrance on level 1. Been killed twice.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited September 2022
    The stone pavers at the crypt area (bottom level) in deceit cause many line of site targeting problems.  e.g. if a MOB is two tiles away, you cannot target it with spells -- assuming not the ledge tiles that drop down below.  You have to be right next to, or in the same tile as the MOB to target.  (probably very old issue, just reminded of it).

The paragon movement AI seems better than the pet movement/follow AI, perhaps take a look at that - relative to the pet feedback thread.

Great belt and interesting choices overall.

thx for a couple of the bug fixes for items I've reported too.  What does the command undead owner 5 minute timer check actually do?

thx for adding the clicky oustide!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Can you make a Corrupted Ranger Vambraces that is either bone to match the Balron Chest, or Studded Leather. I guess since Jun 'nor is a paladin, has to be Plate.

Next version GORGET.

Great  new Rewards!  Love em!

Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    "I have first been testing command undead,

congratulations i was unable to make the command undead dissapear by moving through server boundaries.

I really like the 5 min grace period where the commanded undead remains in game with your character logged in continuing to guard your character upon disconnect/crash
    @Kyronix it's possible to extend this 5 min timer for all pets? this would solve a range of exploits

i did find one slight error.
    If you command an undead, and tell it to stay, then move to a different server and log out, when you log back in you have no followers and the commanded undead has indeed gone, and if you return to the server you left it, it's gone, however if you log out and back in again in the server where you left it, that undead does re-appear. I thought there may be a conflict here if you log out and have this pet sort-of stored in nomans land on the server, then go and tame actual pets. But the commanded undead will only re-appear if you do indeed have enough followers.. I couldn't find any major issue with this"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    Yet another publish and zero pvp attention or changes. Still waiting on vvv revamp from 20th anniversary PowerPoint. 
    edited September 2022
    TimSt said:
    I killed those 2 mean para Rams for you.  They easier to kill since we have been practicing a while on Dynamic Dungeons.

@Kyronix
    But it would be nice if Rams dont spawn on Level one so new and returning players have a place to play without constant death.

Please change the second type creatures to something else besides Eles when it goes Live, So it wont be  a repeat.  Or threepeat for some of us.

And double the spawn rate on LS Please.
    edited September 2022
    "my next test was battle lust,
    I am now sure if someone is trolling us here.

• Added buff icon for item property Battle Lust
    okay thanks, but the bug reported was that this feature doesn't do anything...

when attacking a player did not receive any bonus, when attacking multiple mobs did not receive any bonus or recognise multiple targets.

I eventually managed to get this bonus:

1%....
    UO wiki describes 'Damage bonus is 15% per opponent, with a cap of 45% in pvp and 90% in PvM. Lust is gained every 2 seconds and decays at a rate of one point every 6 seconds.'

So i don't know what is going on here, i am not understanding, someone put the buff on and didn't test it even 1 time against 1 mob or 1 player even? didn't even take 1 swing?

so without the buff not many people knew it was broken, now with the buff, you're telling everyone its broken, thanks"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe turn down barding difficultly just a little?  ;)
    For paragons 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2022
    "
    •  Resolved issue that allowed Vicious Bite to persist after death

I just tested this, there is still no debuff to tell you that you're under the effects of vicious bite in the first place.. So you engage in combat with a pet, and in the next fight 2 mins later you're randomly hit by 50 damage still from vicious bite from the previous fight...

(Also, not sure if this problem is on live shard, but after i increased the slot count for 16th anniversary mount (testing vicious bite), it had no stats. Mount would not move and had 0hp, if i tried to mount it i got message saying it was too fatigued to move.
    The only way i got around this was to manually add the stats through the training menu, but the first time i only added hp and so could not then get the pet to move to go through the training gate again...)

• Resolved issue that resulted in owners of drone pets, such as EVs & Blade Spirits, to be flagged as criminals after retaliating against players
    • Classic Client: Block War on Pets now allows players to mount their pets when the player is in war mode.
    "these issues seem fixed, all okay to me"
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2022
    I too have been testing Battle Lust.

It is nice to see the buff actually displayed.

However, the property itself is quite difficult to gain "% damage increase" with.

From my initial testing:

-You must "agress" the target. To do this, you must attack the target first. The agro must be from you to the target, not from the target to you. You must then damage the target.

Once you have "agressed" and done damage to the target, you will have "1 Agressed Target".

If the target attacks you first, you will not be aggressed to that target, and it takes around 3 minutes for the agro flag to wear off before you can attempt to agress that target again.

-When you receive damage, over a certain amount (20 hp at 130 hp), you will gain "% damage increase", although I think it is actually %modifier. This could be a straight, 'you must take 20 or more damage to gain a Battle Lust "stack" ', or it might be some % of your total life.

You can gain "% damage increase" from any creature, not just those you are agressed to.

The "% damage increase" appears to only apply to creatures you are "agressed" to, not any creature.

-You do not receive 15% per creature, per hit. It is a 1% stack per damage tic you take, per creature you are agressed to. With 1 creature hitting you, for something like 5% of your health, you will gain 1% per each damage tic you receive. With the current swing rates on critters, you may not be able to build your "stack" for that creature all the way to 15%, as the stacks decay too rapidly.

"Agressed" to four creatures, and taking a ton of damage, I saw "8% damage increase (PvM)", just before I died.

--
    @Kyronix , I realize this property was put into the game long before you all arrived, but really, this thing is way, waaaaay, over complicated.

Also, some bugs:
    The buff bar "pings" (little green circle echoing outward from the blue gem on the bar) when Battle Lust is triggered. However, this does not coincide with either the "The damage you received fuels your battle fury." message, or with an update to the buff tool tip. So, the player has no idea what the ping actually indicates. It seems the ping should indicate an update to the tool tip, but it does not (gain or lose a stack is probably the intended notification).

Sometimes you will see the "The damage you received fuels your battle fury.", but the buff bar will not "ping", and no damage increase is indicated on the tooltip.
    Other times you will see the "The damage you received fuels your battle fury.", the buff bar will "ping", but there is still no damage increase indicated on the tool tip.

The "The damage you received fuels your battle fury." message appears even when the damage you have taken is not enough to trigger the "% damage increase".

--
    My suggestions:
    1. Redesign this mostly unapproachable property into something more players might enjoy. That's right up your alley and probably best if you want your players to engage with this property.

2. At the very least could this be cleaned up so that:
    2a. The "The damage you received fuels your battle fury." message only appears when you have actually taken enough damage to gain "% damage increase". 

2b. The gain and message should coincide with the buff bar "ping" indicating the gain.

2c. The gain, message, and "ping" should also coincide with updated tooltip damage. (The buff bar could still "ping" when you lose a stack, as with no system message for the loss, we could differentiate between gaining and losing a stack).

2d. "% damage increase" should really be changed to "% damage modifier", since the damage change doesn't appear under the damage increase section of the character sheet.

--
    Good luck all. Glad to see the buff icon in and at least giving some type of information.
    -Arroth
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Pawain said:
    Can you make a Corrupted Ranger Vambraces that is either bone to match the Balron Chest, or Studded Leather. I guess since Jun 'nor is a paladin, has to be Plate.

Next version GORGET.

Great  new Rewards!  Love em!

Thanks
    +1 on this @Kyronix. Would be nice to have the Vambraces be either bone or studded for the +3 LMC.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    TimSt said:
    Mark Runes INSIDE somewhere safe RIGHT NOW before it goes live, at least in Tram. SO many people tend to run straight into the entrance not realizing people running away from paragons run out that way.

TimSt said:
    The entrance was my bread and butter folks would bring them to the front and we'd kill em ! 
  • JeffJeff Posts: 2
    Love the event....love most of the items.  The arms should be studded or bone with HP increase added or in place of the 5 str or dex
  • Those lich gloves need some pizzazz!
    They are a perfect global loot drop for a mage as they are,
    but spell damage or skill increase would make them special...

If necessary, drop the hit point regen and/or increase the turn-in point value as a tradeoff;
    but please, please, please adjust these almost-worth-the-grind gloves!
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    keven2002 said:
    +1 on this @ Kyronix. Would be nice to have the Vambraces be either bone or studded for the +3 LMC.
    Have to disagree with this wholeheartedly. 

1. The Vambraces fit the lore as Juo'nar was a paladin.

2. Plate armor is great armor for both a sampire and an archer with it's stam loss reduction property.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Few more pieces of feedback @Kyronix:
    • Biggest request is to PLEASE open both Fel & Tram for this event (currently not avail in Fel TC1)
    • For the Divinum Luminous Talisman - Any chance of us getting that bumped up to 150 so warriors have a talisman in line with the lucky talisman (especially since it's harder for a warrior to use a max luck suit given the need for all the other stats to stand toe to toe)?
    • For the Expor Malas Flamus garg weapon - Can you make that a Soul Glaive instead given that there are virtually no gargs using weapon skills outside of throwing (the skill that is specific to their race)? 
    • Wondering if the 50 SDI Chiv book makes more sense to be a necrobook to be more inline with the whole theme (Lexicon of Juo'nar = Language/knowledge of Juo'nar).
    Other than that so far very happy with prices and the mods. The Belt & robe definitely make things interesting.
    keven2002 said:
    Few more pieces of feedback @ Kyronix:
    • Biggest request is to PLEASE open both Fel & Tram for this event (currently not avail in Fel TC1)
    • For the Divinum Luminous Talisman - Any chance of us getting that bumped up to 150 so warriors have a talisman in line with the lucky talisman (especially since it's harder for a warrior to use a max luck suit given the need for all the other stats to stand toe to toe)?
    • For the Expor Malas Flamus garg weapon - Can you make that a Soul Glaive instead given that there are virtually no gargs using weapon skills outside of throwing (the skill that is specific to their race)? 
    • Wondering if the 50 SDI Chiv book makes more sense to be a necrobook to be more inline with the whole theme (Lexicon of Juo'nar = Language/knowledge of Juo'nar).
    Other than that so far very happy with prices and the mods. The Belt & robe definitely make things interesting.
    Agreed 1000% on the gargoyle weapon 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    One teenie tiny ask if I may??

I wish the tokens were a different color.

We got red in 2019, green in 2018 and blue in 2017.

I know those are typical Christmas colors but could you maybe re-hue them purple???

edited September 2022
    Helper said:
    Those lich gloves need some pizzazz!

If necessary, drop the hit point regen and/or increase the turn-in point value as a tradeoff;

Along the same lines:
    1. Drop the Int +5 (most mages already are at 150 INT, due to other +INT items.
    2. Swap in luck 100-200 (to pair up with mage oriented luck wild fire mask), or SDI (8-15).
    3. Apply to garg kilt as well.

edited September 2022
    Violet said:
    keven2002 said:
    +1 on this @ Kyronix. Would be nice to have the Vambraces be either bone or studded for the +3 LMC.

2. Plate armor is great armor for both a sampire and an archer with it's stam loss reduction property.

Thats why I said add a Vambraces of the Ranger so we can choose they type.  Metal for those that like to bash Leather/bone/hide for archers.

But the Lore fits the Plate so doubt it will change.
  • keven2002 said:

The Paladin book makes more sense than a necro book, Juo'nar was a paladin
    If it is open in Felucca, then the spawn mobs should not be of the Archleech.  Or triple the spawn in Tram to compensate.
    edited September 2022
    Looking at all the "keeper" artifact drops I have from prior ToT events, it appears that "Shard bound" counts as a property in the drops.  So none of my "best" drops have more than 7 mods - 8 should be max.

(high quality keepers are greater artifact or better, with very good mods -- probably 1/1000 drop rate of these).

Agreed the gargoyle weapon could be a soul glaive, though would likely need SSI20+

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    Violet said:
    keven2002 said:

Thats why I said add a Vambraces of the Ranger so we can choose they type.  Metal for those that like to bash Leather/bone/hide for archers.

But the Lore fits the Plate so doubt it will change.
    I also vote to have both plate and non-metal options to suit different templates and needs. Sampire template should not be one size fit all. 

Also, could do well to have plate/ringmail/chainmail version of the Balron Bone armor from Juo'nar's paladin.

Last but not least, please extend this event all the way to Jan or Feb 2023 as we may have busy holiday season for those working in retail, or long vacation plan for others. We need the time to enjoy every bit of the Treasures event.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Helper said:
    Those lich gloves need some pizzazz!

Along the same lines:
    1. Drop the Int +5 (most mages already are at 150 INT, due to other +INT items.
    2. Swap in luck 100-200 (to pair up with mage oriented luck wild fire mask), or SDI (8-15).
    3. Apply to garg kilt as well.

Add FC 1 or FR 3 or SDI 10, Yay!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    new Belt and Cingulum both have durability - a first for ToT belts.  intentional? 

-> repairing from 251/255 yields 255/255 ...

• Another alternative to INT5 on the gloves+kilt:  boost LRC to 30.