Can still get the 25th Anniversary Silver Steed on Origin until 9-29.

Brit farms.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    One per account.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Would be nice if they made the book and pages available until then as well for those that are gone for the weekend. 
    Maybe they will  o:)
  • is there any way to get the silver steed statue been transfered to Siege?
  • Just a heads up  that most of the Page statues are gone. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited September 2022
    Interesting decision not to leave it up for the weekend. People that have stuck around 25 years supporting the game were given less than 24 hours to claim their reward pages.

Unfortunate for people like myself who were unable to attend yesterday, only to log in today without being able to get most of the rewards. Not sure how well that was thought out.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Just a heads up  that most of the Page statues are gone. 
    Wierd, wonder why they’d have the expire on the 29th and then take them down the next day?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,800
    edited September 2022
    Oreogl said:
    Wierd, wonder why they’d have the expire on the 29th and then take them down the next day?
    some of the Pages statues were set for the 25th and some apparently were set for the 29th

• keven2002 said:
    Interesting decision not to leave it up for the weekend. People that have stuck around 25 years supporting the game were given less than 24 hours to claim their reward pages.

Unfortunate for people like myself who were unable to attend yesterday, only to log in today without being able to get most of the rewards. Not sure how well that was thought out.
    I luckily ran through it before server down and got one good book, to go along with the one i have with Two EM Hezekiah's (think i'll keep it like it is instead of fixing it.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    is there any way to get the silver steed statue been transfered to Siege?
    I just can't even with these developers..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    You have never been able to transfer stuff to or from Siege. 
    edited September 2022
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    So the developers just do nothing for those players?  Let's hear the pom pom wavers excuses. NL ?? We didn't know ? Opps we forgot?? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     said:
    Most of the lore page statues were set to expire at 8pm last night. But they worked longer than that. Players were collecting a 11pm. The chat hamster on Origin was very tired after all the ,where's page so in so.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    So the developers just do nothing for those players?  Let's hear the pom pom wavers excuses. NL ?? We didn't know ? Opps we forgot?? 
    They leave SP the way it has always been.  Seriously how long have you played UO.
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    They leave SP the way it has always been.  Seriously how long have you played UO.
    You need to develop reading compression I'm not asking for any changes to Siege or mungen just wondering how they get their gifts from the faire..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    You need to develop reading compression I'm not asking for any changes to Siege or mungen just wondering how they get their gifts from the faire..
    They have NEVER been able to in the past but because of your tear down everything tude now it is a problem.  You were not asking shit you were doing your normal BASH BASH BASH  So the developers just do nothing for those players?  So that is a good way to ask, BS
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
     said:
    Most of the lore page statues were set to expire at 8pm last night. But they worked longer than that. Players were collecting a 11pm. The chat hamster on Origin was very tired after all the ,where's page so in so.
    So they were planning on giving people 5 hours (3pm event start to 8pm) to collect rewards? Weird that they give 25th anniversary tokens from Sept 1 to Oct 15 to be claimed but the lore book that I'm sure many people who like to have was less than a day to claim.

Also, seems pretty ironic that it took them 6 months to give us something like a newsletter and then turn around to only give the player base 5 hours to collect rewards. Especially with some people saying "oh but they had real life something going on....". Many people had real life something going on yesterday which prevented them from participating in the event (which again it happens) and in addition to that they turn the statues off literally less than 24 hours later so people that log in the next day can't even get the reward?

Very poorly planned in my opinion and not a great message to the player base that couldn't make it online yesterday (but were able to today).
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    Not many people are on Siege as their main shard. It’s an alternate experience from their main shard for most people. Additionally, everyone one Siege knows and expects no transfers, so you are arguing for absolutely no reason on this issue. 
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    Not many people are on Siege as their main shard. It’s an alternate experience from their main shard for most people. Additionally, everyone one Siege knows and expects no transfers, so you are arguing for absolutely no reason on this issue. 
    I think Vic and the other 3 people who play Siege feel they deserve the same as every shard but i admire your devotion to the developers 
    edited September 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
     said:
    So they were planning on giving people 5 hours (3pm event start to 8pm) to collect rewards? Weird that they give 25th anniversary tokens from Sept 1 to Oct 15 to be claimed but the lore book that I'm sure many people who like to have was less than a day to claim.

Also, seems pretty ironic that it took them 6 months to give us something like a newsletter and then turn around to only give the player base 5 hours to collect rewards. Especially with some people saying "oh but they had real life something going on....". Many people had real life something going on yesterday which prevented them from participating in the event (which again it happens) and in addition to that they turn the statues off literally less than 24 hours later so people that log in the next day can't even get the reward?

Very poorly planned in my opinion and not a great message to the player base that couldn't make it online yesterday (but were able to today).
    This took place instead of a personal meet up in a RL city.

Those that do not attend those get nothing. So same for this one. Yes you have your opinion the players at the faire had fun.

Thanks @Mesanna and EMs for doing this wonderful event. Ignore the complainers here and realize there are 100 players having fun for each of the disgruntled posters. It was more like 500 to 1 at the Faire.
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
     said:

This took place instead of a personal meet up in a RL city.

Those that do not attend those get nothing. So same for this one. Yes you have your opinion the players at the faire had fun.

Thanks @ Mesanna and EMs for doing this wonderful event. Ignore the complainers here and realize there are 100 players having fun for each of the disgruntled posters. It was more like 500 to 1 at the Faire.
    This is insanity Allen people who don't attend a gathering in real life do not expect gifts and logistically a small usually weekend is necessary in this case however it could and should have been a week long event on EVERY shard if mesanne wanted to show off her glacial outfit she could have visited them all the planning and quality control put into this is beyond unacceptable to all but the pom pom crowd 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Wonder some times just what the team is thinking?  Do they just assume that all of the players paying their $10 a month have shard shields?  Don’t quite understand the reasoning behind limiting this award to just players playing on Origin and those with shard shields.  To be Honest I don’t think it is worth the cost of a $40 round trip ticket from the UO store.  Sorry UO but this one just dumbfounds me.
    Arnold7 said:
    Wonder some times just what the team is thinking?  Do they just assume that all of the players paying their $10 a month have shard shields?  Don’t quite understand the reasoning behind limiting this award to just players playing on Origin and those with shard shields.  To be Honest I don’t think it is worth the cost of a $40 round trip ticket from the UO store.  Sorry UO but this one just dumbfounds me.
    Plenty of players can bring items to your shard. After the event there were players in chat offering to take items to where they are going. I'll post when I am heading from Origin to Atlantic.

With the hundreds maybe thousands of players at the event, it showed this was not a reason they did not participate.  
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Plenty of players can bring items to your shard. After the event there were players in chat offering to take items to where they are going. I'll post when I am heading from Origin to Atlantic.

With the hundreds maybe thousands of players at the event, it showed this was not a reason they did not participate.  
    This the perfect example of your positive posting that's really not..
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Agree with McDougle on this one.

edited September 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Agree with McDougle on this one.

So you do not want someone to bring items to your shard.  Your decision.

UO is a MMPORPG.  Use the MMP part to aid you.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Arnold7 said:
    They assumed everyone has either a 14 year old account or would buy a shard shield to transfer off Origin. Personally I have a 14 year old account but didn't waste a vet reward for Origin Shields as I don't play there.

So I agree with you since they plan to do this event online and on one shard, they should at least give out a free, one way transfer token from Origin to other shards.

If they are worried players will exploit this, maybe limit to one per account, or say 50 items max, or expiry in 30 days.

This is a much simpler item considering the amount of time and effort to create this event.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    As per usual, nobody believes you Pawain because you are known to be probably the biggest pom pom waiver in the game. Whatever you say is completely bias and everyone knows that. This same person is the one that complains when they aren't able to get rewards from things and says "people need more time to do stuff". Typical hypocrite reply as usual.

This event was in the game and therefore should of been open to all for the entire weekend; it's comparing apples and oranges when trying to compare it to a real life gathering.

Making this event a 2 hour event on Origin and then only leaving reward statues up until server up was a total oversight by this Dev team and shows they are completely out of touch with the average player base (that aren't busy trying to ass kiss). Again, every other thing that is done in game is given a ridiculously long time to run its course (and it's on every shard) but the 25th anniversary was limited to a single shard on a single day for a couple of hours. As it stands now, @Mesanna has completely ruined the 25th anniversary of the game with a complete lack of empathy for people unable to make the event (yet she asks for it for not being able to deliver NL this year). My point is further proven with the complete lack of content & communication about 25th anniversary happenings; making it feel like nothing more than a rudimentary anniversary.
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    I think Vic and the other 3 people who play Siege feel they deserve the same as every shard but i admire your devotion to the developers 
    It’s not devotion to the developers. Just one of the core rules of the shard.  

That said, it would be cool if there was some way to transfer the items to a home shard that allows shard transfers besides getting help from others.  I know I can get help from guild members but others might not have any connections and it can be difficult to trust people to follow through with their offers to help (scammers will always be around).  

Overall, for me, it’s just more stuff to take up storage. So I’m not in a rush to get it moved.
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    It’s not devotion to the developers. Just one of the core rules of the shard.  

That said, it would be cool if there was some way to transfer the items to a home shard that allows shard transfers besides getting help from others.  I know I can get help from guild members but others might not have any connections and it can be difficult to trust people to follow through with their offers to help (scammers will always be around).  

Overall, for me, it’s just more stuff to take up storage. So I’m not in a rush to get it moved.
    I never mentioned transfer i simply asked how Siege mungen players were going to get theirs 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Arnold7 said:
    They were probably thinking that the UO community is such that we will help each other to transport the items.  Which we have/will. 
    I have so far transferred bags for 9 Europa players back to their home shard. My travelling character will be going back for another load later.
    Trolls and scammers aside, you are part of a huge caring community who help each other.