5 bugs in 30 seconds

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited August 2022 in PvP / VvV
"So i am fighting vs 2 people, one with a bokuto/no-dachi and a bane dragon, one on a shield bash mystic mage.
I get dismounted, and i try to target the guy's bane dragon, i grab the bane dragon's bar and when he gets back on the bane dragon i lose the health bar to a bug! so when he gets off the bane dragon again i have to find the bar again, I then get hit with vicious bite at some point but it didn't tell me because of a bug - no debuff(from the bane dragon), my pet got poisoned, i tried to cure it, i casted cure spell but when i went to land the spell on my pet i was paralised from either nerve strike or shield bash, but i didn't realise because no debuff from the stun effect from either of them so my spell fizzled, my pet then gets killed by the bane dragon, so i summon a new pet and i can't mount it due to a bug on classic client where you can't mount in combat mode, so the people kill me, when i get ressed, i am still being hit by vicious bite because of a bug that it lasts past death, and i am reskilled from the vicious bite when i am ressed in a safe location.

This is 5 bugs i am hit by in the space of 30 seconds

I think i see why everyone DLs third party client"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    It’s feature next time run and hide like I do  :/
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Vicious bite has always lasted past death. The bite last till the timer runs out and death doesn’t stop the timer. The last dmg tick is brutal. Its been like that since it was introduced.
  • DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    The only one being a bug I would call the vicous bite being active after death. This should not happen. The others I would call missing features. No idea if the illegal third party clients have these features, but I would like to have them in the legal classic client as well. But there are even more to me like the paralyse immunity or debuffs like curse, corpse skin, etc. on enemies. I would have this as well, but would also call them missing features.
    Btw, you can mount in war mode with UOAssist.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Drowy said:

Btw, you can mount in war mode with UOAssist.
    “Only with a pre-stored target, can’t do it with a newly popped VvV mount”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Yoshi said:

I think i see why everyone DLs third party client"
     Well, you're not wrong, but because i feel like going on somewhat of a rant... cause nothing ever changes here in UO... here it goes.

The only reasons for people to DL third-party clients are:

1) They f**king suck at the game and need 'features' to take the edge off... 75%+ of the pvpers fall into this category. (generously low #s cause, I"m willing to give some people the benefit of the doubt)

2) They use third-party clients to automate repeating tasks or to bot farm, 100% of the people using third-party clients are guilty of this category in one way or another.

3) No punishment for those who use them, so if you're able to do 1 & 2 because of #3... why the f**k not?  sad years in UO.

4) Unofficial shards...  WHAT ARE THOSE!??!

Until that changes it's going to get worse... the question then becomes how much worse could it get? damn near 100% of the people playing have much experience with third-party clients/programs.

I guess that's what happens when cheating isn't taken seriously.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2022
    "all i can say about that is,
    yesterday i tried to dismount an orange, i used the macro to step off my mount, and another macro attack nearest hostile
    and i fired and shot at a hind or some neutral animal instead of a hostile.

And later on in the evening, i did the same macro and it fired and shot and dismounted my own red guild mate.

This bug is exclusive to official classic client. Was reported over 5 times, and when you try to raise the bug again on this forum, the admin will suppress it"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "all i can say about that is,
    yesterday i tried to dismount an orange, i used the macro to step off my mount, and another macro attack nearest hostile
    and i fired and shot at a hind or some neutral animal instead of a hostile.

And later on in the evening, i did the same macro and it fired and shot and dismounted my own red guild mate.

This bug is exclusive to official classic client. Was reported over 5 times, and when you try to raise the bug again on this forum, the admin will suppress it"
    You mean the way you were just openly allowed to discuss it? Now spellbook straps they will bith not work or be allowed in discussion..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2022
    “They don’t care about use of third party programs.
    but if you campaign for improvements for official client. You will be shadow silenced. You post an update on a thread and the thread will not get moved to recent. Or existing open bug thread will be locked even though bug not fixed??

I get the impression they don’t want people using (and pointing out the flaws of) the official client” 
    Yoshi said:
    “They don’t care about use of third party programs.
    but if you campaign for improvements for official client. You will be shadow silenced. You post an update on a thread and the thread will not get moved to recent. Or existing open bug thread will be locked even though bug not fixed??

I get the impression they don’t want people using (and pointing out the flaws of) the official client” 
    Are you suggesting spellbook straps work correctly in "unofficial " clients? 
    "I think in Pincos you can put certain items in pockets, and i think they stay there, so if you ask someone for that single UI feature on EC they might make it for you"
    Yoshi said:
    "I think in Pincos you can put certain items in pockets, and i think they stay there, so if you ask someone for that single UI feature on EC they might make it for you"
    Or perhaps the developers could fix it or offer exchange..
  • CovenantX said:

The only reasons for people to DL third-party clients are:

1) They f**king suck at the game and need 'features' to take the edge off... 75%+ of the pvpers fall into this category. (generously low #s cause, I"m willing to give some people the benefit of the doubt)

2) They use third-party clients to automate repeating tasks or to bot farm, 100% of the people using third-party clients are guilty of this category in one way or another.

3) No punishment for those who use them, so if you're able to do 1 & 2 because of #3... why the f**k not?  sad years in UO.

Until that changes it's going to get worse... the question then becomes how much worse could it get? damn near 100% of the people playing have much experience with third-party clients/programs.

I guess that's what happens when cheating isn't taken seriously.
    Facts.
    edited September 2022
    “templates that you cannot play on official classic client due to bugs:
    • any template that uses a single slot mount that requires you to go in war mode (attack people) as you can't mount newly popped mount in war mode
    • spellweaver (due to attunement bug)
    • any human that uses human spellweaving (due to attunement bug)
    • cannot play as a red in a guild or play with guild memebers that are red/crim due to attack hostile bug
    • cannot play dismout archer due to attack nearest hostile bug that targets neutral animals when you step off your mount to dismount someone.
    that covers quite a lot of templates"