Playing both in CC and EC : how to avoid messing up containers ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
I much prefer to play UO with the Classic Client because the EC graphics makes me feel sea sick... (I wished it was possible to play the EC but with the Classic Client grahics...) anyways, given the way much better macro features of the EC over the CC (at least for those players who do not use Third Party utilities), I am slowly trying to get used to the EC (not sure if I will be able, though, I really hate the graphics...).

I am finding myself, though, in quite difficulties with the containers... if I place items in a way, in a certain location of my backpack in the Classic Client, it all goes messed up in the Enhanced Client... this, is mostly annoying with rune books and Atlas books since I cast recall or Gate on a book in a certain position thinking that it if defaulted on a certain rune but, instead, since the books locations get messed up and are different in between the CC and the EC, I end up going to locations different to those that I want to reach.

Is there a way to place the items in one client, the CC, for example, and have the EC use those same exact locations ?

Even better, is there some command which a player can set which, when moving an item in either of the 2 clients, it automatically gets moved to the exact same location in the character's backpack also for the other client so as to always have items be at the same exact positions regardless of the client that one is using ?

Thanks for the help !

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Based on my experience once I used the EC grid container, I can never get used to CC again.

I only switch back to legacy backpack to arrange my vendor backpack for CC customers.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:
    I much prefer to play UO with the Classic Client because the EC graphics makes me feel sea sick... (I wished it was possible to play the EC but with the Classic Client grahics...) anyways, given the way much better macro features of the EC over the CC (at least for those players who do not use Third Party utilities), I am slowly trying to get used to the EC (not sure if I will be able, though, I really hate the graphics...).

I am finding myself, though, in quite difficulties with the containers... if I place items in a way, in a certain location of my backpack in the Classic Client, it all goes messed up in the Enhanced Client... this, is mostly annoying with rune books and Atlas books since I cast recall or Gate on a book in a certain position thinking that it if defaulted on a certain rune but, instead, since the books locations get messed up and are different in between the CC and the EC, I end up going to locations different to those that I want to reach.

Is there a way to place the items in one client, the CC, for example, and have the EC use those same exact locations ?

Even better, is there some command which a player can set which, when moving an item in either of the 2 clients, it automatically gets moved to the exact same location in the character's backpack also for the other client so as to always have items be at the same exact positions regardless of the client that one is using ?

Thanks for the help !
    No

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    There is no simple solution. You can use 'legacy view' in EC to make it easier to see things when you switch clients. I suggest using dyes on your rune books and then targeting by color instead of position.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    There is no simple solution. You can use 'legacy view' in EC to make it easier to see things when you switch clients. I suggest using dyes on your rune books and then targeting by color instead of position.
    The color code sounds a good idea.... thanks...

The regular dye tubs work for rune books and Atlas books alike or do I need some special dyes to color them ?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    a runebook dye tub is fine for both, or plant dyes work too if you don't have the vet reward tubs.