Shard Transfer Token Questions

I have a few of questions about shard transfer tokens.
1. When I use the token where do I end up in the shard I am transferring to?
2. Will my existing rune books and rune stones take me to the same locations in the new shard?
3. Is there anything that can fit in my backpack that will not transfer with me?
4. Will my stabled pets transfer to the new shard?

Thanks

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited April 2018
    1. At a random inn, Trammel facet
    2. Yes
    3. only shard bound items can not be transfered
    4. Yes

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/veteran-rewards/14th-year-veteran-reward-transfer-shields/

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2018
    Tim, if you're using a purchased transfer token, don't forget that you can also take up to 5 loaded pack animals with your character.  (You cannot bring loaded pack animals if you are using a token from a veteran reward shard shield.)  An important caution if you bring loaded pack animals is to make sure that you tell the pack animals to follow your character before starting the transfer.  You might also want to friend a character from a different account to those pack animals before leaving just in case they don't end up transferring, so that the items can be removed from the pack animals.  

When you arrive at the new shard, the loaded pack animals will be in a crate and can be removed from the crate one at a time.  Don't take the loaded pack animals out of the crate until your character is in a good location to be able to put away or give another character the items that are loaded into each pack animal.  
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Thanks Mariah and Margrette.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    "All Follow"  - then Click yourself with the cursor right BEFORE you transfer.

This is SO IMPORTANT. No one wants to see the 1st thread on official forums stating :
    "Where did my pets go? I just transferred shards" -its painful to read and reply to them.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Move around a little after the ALL FOLLOW to make sure that it worked before starting your transfer.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    All Follow me
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Your not leaving Pac are you? :'(

Fear not my fellow Tim.  I am not leaving Pac.  I just go on shopping trips to Atl.

• Can I revive an old post here... can you have fully packed packed animals stabled and then do a veteran rewards transfer...?? Will those pack animals appear in the new shards stable with all the items still in their packs?  Thanks!
    Inkboy the Wild of Elven Song ~ Former Governor of Minoc, Catskills
    Fonder of the Elven Song Community Event Center - Events, Game Shows & Live Broadcasts

• Can I revive an old post here... can you have fully packed packed animals stabled and then do a veteran rewards transfer...?? Will those pack animals appear in the new shards stable with all the items still in their packs?  Thanks!

No. You cannot stable a pack animal with anything in its pack. Shard shield transfers will only transfer stabled pets, items in your bank, gold/platinum in character transfer account (in bank menu), items in your backpack, and items you are wearing/holding. No shard bound items allowed in any fashion.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    2. Yes
    4. Yes

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/veteran-rewards/14th-year-veteran-reward-transfer-shields/

@Mariah

Out of curiosity, if by any chance the player transferring a character "forgets" that the character is wearing a Shard Bound item (or, has one stored in the bank box....), does the client give an error message that the transfer cannot get through because of a Shard bound item that cannot be transferred ?

Or, the character gets transferred anyways but the shard bound is left behind ? If so, where, since the bank box is transferred with the character ?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    It will not let you transfer until you remove the item from your person, bank, and or backpack.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Can I revive an old post here... can you have fully packed packed animals stabled and then do a veteran rewards transfer...?? Will those pack animals appear in the new shards stable with all the items still in their packs?  Thanks!

No. You cannot stable a pack animal with anything in its pack. 

I haven't tested this since I sent the latest bug report in a few months ago.

Yes you can have loaded and stabled pack animals. It's a very simple process but as Yoshi tested you cannot transfer with the loaded stabled pack animals.

I've sent in step by step reports for years but it's just not a priority. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    2. Yes
    4. Yes

@ Mariah

Out of curiosity, if by any chance the player transferring a character "forgets" that the character is wearing a Shard Bound item (or, has one stored in the bank box....), does the client give an error message that the transfer cannot get through because of a Shard bound item that cannot be transferred ?

Or, the character gets transferred anyways but the shard bound is left behind ? If so, where, since the bank box is transferred with the character ?
    It just says you can not transfer, it does not tell you why and where the problem is.  It could be an item you are wearing or an item in your bank box.  Thank yourself for this shard bound stupidity.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    @TimSt my home shard is Pac if you need items transferred back to Pac from any shard pm me 
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    2. Yes
    4. Yes

@ Mariah

It just says you can not transfer, it does not tell you why and where the problem is.  It could be an item you are wearing or an item in your bank box.  Thank yourself for this shard bound stupidity.
    Shard Bound is not stupid, by no means.

It is important to support the economy of low populated Shards, to my opinion.

So much, that I would like the Developers to give to players the ability to actually be able to set an item on their Shard as Shard Bound, if they wish so, so as to have it being limited to their Shard and not be used by some other player who buys low on low Population Shards to then go sell for a profit on Atlantic....

So many players do not put stuff on their Vendors on low populated Shards because they fear that resellers might then buy it at that lower price to then move it to Atlantic and resell it for a profit.

Enabling players the ability of setting items as Shard Bound, would permit players on Low Population Shards to again stock up their Vendors without fearing that their items, meant for their Shards, could be bought up to be then moved to Atlantic and resold for a profit.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11210/how-about-giving-to-players-the-ability-to-set-an-item-as-shard-bound#latest
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I think it is against the rules to link or discuss closed threads here.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    I think it is against the rules to link or discuss closed threads here.
    I was just responding to your Post criticizing Shard Bound items which, to my understanding, the Developers instead support, thus defending a Policy already validated by the Developers, to my understanding.....

Are you telling me that, while Forum posters can criticize Shard Bound items' Policy when posting, those players who, instead, agree and concur with the Developers' choice to support Shard Bound items in Ultima Online, cannot defend the Developers' choice as a just and agreeable one with ?

Really ?
    Let's try to keep this 4 year old thread on topic please.